main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive AnimeStyled SW fanart (by Exx) "UPDATED FREQUENTLY!"

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Exx, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I love your character drawings - from the poses and expressions, to the thought that goes into the clothing. I particuly liked seeing some of your rough sketches - the character with her hand reaching out of the page (bottom left) is my favourite, just love that pose.

2. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    You have anime-style expressions mastered! and gosh darn is your work ever clean! *envious* You also do a remarkable job on distinguishing the materials of the clothing such as the poofy sleeves in the second picture. I like the overall sense of happiness it evokes too. Interesting dress design. :)

- Also, you may want to edit the title of the thread to alert everyone that it has been updated, otherwise it may be inadvertently missed.

- Suz ^_~

3. Exx

Exx Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Thanks so much guys for the recent comments^_^! Oh yes, to the one who asked about Prisma Colors...nope, Hate'em as a matter of fact *lol*..prefercrayola colored pencils, you have more range of leverage with spreading & mixing colors than prisma-feel very limited when using them XP

& thanks much Suz for the advice, just gonna change my title to "Updated Frequently"..=3
    once again, thanks so much! <3

4. Exx

Exx Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    And I have but another picture of my original Kayleesh character^^:
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/20952611/

does anyone else (who happens to stop by here) have an idea of what they think Kayleesh look like fomr the VERY FEW pics of Grievous in his original body?..i would love to hear ideas/see pics of them^_-

5. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, I loved looking at your concept-sketches at DA! Great work with a pre-droidified Grievous and his sweetie--wonderful to see! I love the chibi Joynei, too--excellent coloring and shading--the fabric looks very real, and the pose is great too! I wish I could help with the Kayleesh species, but honestly, it's only been here in this forum that I learned that Grievous had not been human before going to live in that droid body!! I love seeing how artists render such things purely from written descriptions and their own imagination, though! Looking forward to more!

FF

6. Exx

Exx Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    thanks much FalconFan :)

No problem bout that, But when Lucas Arts comes out with what Kayleesh ACTUALLY look like, I'll be so psyched, but disapointed cause i'll have to redo all my peices of them in order to do them any justice >_^;;; *lol*

7. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    Excellent work Exx! u have an incredible talent with colored pencils, and ur latest has a great flow and color to him, cool shoes too. lol. Keep up the awesome work!

Arsnl

8. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    I have to agree with FalconFan (as always!); your sketches are excellent! Very clean and easy-to-read lineart. They actually almost look inked, they're so crisp.

Wish I could help you about Grievous... I'm as curious as you are to see what he looked like.

9. Exx

Exx Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    hmm...I don't really leave my art just as "Penciled IN"....even so, i sometimes just use pen to try & perfect my skill cause sometimes pencil can be really messy too^^;;

thanks for the comments you two! :)

[UPDATE!!]-7.30.05

Alrighty, did another peice of my "sith" Twi'lek...chibified! =3:
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/21149089/

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, great "chibified" Kitrinos!! This is a wonderful piece, Exx--the detail in it is awesome!! I had to zoom it and really study the costuming--it's just wonderful! The panache of that bright red scarf trailing out there is great--seems very much "in character" with her (she's stylin', for sure!)! Her gauntlets, her boots, the little "lekku-ring," and especially the apparent appearance of a little "petticoat" peeking out from beneath the hem of her tunic--it's all good!! Again--wonderful coloring and shading--she looks great this way! Very, very nice!!

FF

11. Exx

Exx Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    thankyou^^! i have so much fun doing her Lekku :p

12. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    I can't get over how polished your work is - it looks just perfect.

13. Exx

Exx Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    thanks so much^^!

& I just did this today...

Grievous (Before & After):
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/21219820/

14. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    That last image is fantastic. I love the unusual composition, with both of the torsos seemingly growing out of one-another. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with the colouring.

15. Ryuuri-chan

Ryuuri-chan Jedi Master star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    I love your last picture. I can't wait to you get a Tablet to see what you do with it. I use a tablet to color myself.

16. Exx

Exx Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Thanks again wicktone, must say i'm quite honored to have someone of your talent checking out my wee-little threde here *lol*...you're stuff is fantastic & jawdropping man O_O...

thanks for other comments as well (Ryuuri-chan)^^!...can't wait to color my most recent peice too, im so excited!..& needing my tablet badly cause coloring with a mouse is painful as anything ;_;

...more to come soon!

17. Exx

Exx Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    alrighty, have a small update..nothing special..just more Grievous fanbased stuff :)

Original Kayleesh Character

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/22944152/

Watermarked Grievous sketches *teehee*

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/22943320/

More Grievy Doodles

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/23192152/

As far as other notes, I'm doing a painting on canvas with acrylics of him posing with Obi-Wans' lightsaber...hehe, im evil =3...cant wait to finish that up!

18. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    I don't think I've ever seen such a Grevious fan as you Exx!! I've never seen romantic Grevious pics from anyone but you actually now that I think about it! LOL :D Great take on such a hard@$$ character, it's cute in that strange evil robot way. :D Have you read the Grevious comic in the Star Wars Visionaries collection? I thought it was very smooth (well that and I love the work of the the artist)

And LOL at the stealing watermark thang! "you need help" Hilarious stuff...but seriously they are not bad. Nice quick drawings. :) Not everything has to be crazy polished!

19. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    Wow. I can't see your Bloodbath pic (I'm not a member of DeviantART), but your doodles are amazing. The way you do hands just stuns me. I've never been comfortable with hand construction, but you seem so confident. Really impressed.

20. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I love "Rekindling the Sadness" Exx!! :_|:_|

It's such a neat concept, to give Grievous a life and relationships before being "droidified"--it really gives the character a depth we just didn't get in the brief glimpse we got of him! I really feel for Joynei--what a terrible shock and loss, to find her love a mere shadow of his former self--a metal skeleton, holding only the barest remnants of him... :_| There I go again!!

These are wonderful! Keep up the great work!

FF

21. Exx

Exx Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    To Corellian_Rogue:
    I have read the "Grievous" snippet in Visionaries...tis very awsome @_@, sat there in the middle of the aisle in Barns & Noble trying to take in all of it ^^;;
    -thanks for the compliments as well! <3

To soitscometothis:
    I'm sorry you can't view it...i'm having trouble with it too for some reason o_o--when its MY OWN PIC >__<...deviantART can be stupid tho at times. Thanks for viewing my stuff anyway..sorry u couldn't see it.
    haha..& if anything, i HATE drawing hands & feet--feet especially...i pose & draw my own hands or make others do it cause of the "grand old time" i have doing it---thanks again :) !

To FalconFan:
    I haven't even written the entire fic & you seem to be as drawn into the little plot as much as i have ^__^ *giggle*--i will be postingit here when im done...keepend up changing my mind with certain areas of it >_o...thanks alot for the comments :D

big--big--BIIIGGG update comming ssoon (its one pic...but its an acrylic painting on canvas thats taken me about amonth to complete @__@ )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.