main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone fancy a meet?

Discussion in 'Archive: South' started by Cobranaconda, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Don't care where, don't care when, but just something so we can get 3 meets done before July lest we face Wales' fate :p

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Would merging with London be so bad? :p

3. LadyPoison

LadyPoison Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2006
    I can come to a meet if it's before Easter! :D After that i'm abandoning the south and moving up to join the northerners! Shall still be back down south occassionally to visit family and friends though, so it won't be the last you see of me.. sorry :p

4. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I can do Saturdays in Portsmouth. :)

5. Dar_manda

Dar_manda Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2007
    I'd need warning for a saturday as I now work saturday nights.

6. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    With my timetable I can now do Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays, I can also do Thursday afternoons too.

7. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Wednesday's are probably best for me.

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Ditto. And some money to afford the train would be good. :p

9. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    If we do it before Easter it'll have to be in Portsmouth as I have no money, but if we do it after Easter then we can do it somewhere else as I'll have money.

10. KIRA-SHAY

KIRA-SHAY Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2007
    I can't do Wednesdays, seeing as I still have a job atm :p

Then again, my weekends are fully booked until 14th March, so meh :(

After that, I'm free :D (Or possibly before, depending on when my contract ends - oh the joys of freelancing...)

11. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    If you need a meeting before July, you can always set one up for Collectormania in early June. Looks like it's going to be a much bigger event this time.

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Much bigger. But mayhaps harder to get to, being as its not in the Center. I might ask my missus to help pick up some of us from the train station, if it comes to it - if people need a lift from the station to the stadium. (She drives, I don't.)

I can't decide whether its going to suffer for moving from the Center, or it'll be larger and even more fun. As long as I can buy a Darth Caedus and Lumiya mini this time, I don't care. :p

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It will benefit the fans going to a larger event as they can do more. But one reason I liked it being in the Centre (apart from the fact it had The Entertainer which was great to find Star Wars things if you were bored of the event) was that ordinary members of the public could be involved in it.
    They could walk past and see it, and many interacted with the cosplay people. This increased interest in the event and could encourage people who either didn't ever attend such things or were unfairly critical to be interested.

When it's inside a stadium although entry is free ordinary passers by are not likely to know or care about the event.

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Agreed. So, we'll see how this experiment goes, and if it moves back to the Center next time, we needn't worry. But they have got Leonard Nimoy coming... so they're gearing up to lure the fans, that they are.

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Not a massive guest list so far (certainly not compared to LFCC), but should be fun nonetheless.

16. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Still, there are Spock and Sisko. So it's quality, not quantity that counts this time. ;) But who knows, they may add some guests still.

17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    What day is everyone planning to go?

18. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    I'm still not entirely sure if I'll be in the UK around that time. But if I am, I'll go on Friday.

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm not sure which day I'm going, actually. I'll check with the missus. :D

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I can go Friday and meet up with people, otherwise I'll simply go on Saturday. :p Either way, I'm going once, at least.

Anyone else?

21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I don't think I can go on the Friday, I have requested the Saturday off work so I can go then if I'm able to.

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, Saturday is a definite for me, at very least. With my fiance, her sister, and her boyfriend. So I'll be there.

Whether I'll be there Friday is another thing.

23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Awesome, I hope to see you there :D

24. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Did anyone actually meet up?

We need to have a meet soon or the FF-UK:South will be declared dead. :(

25. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Actually, I think it officially is. It's been a year since the Wagamama meet now.

As for meeting up, I no longer have the money to go anywhere :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.