main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone up for an Outcast Game?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Mar 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Anyone interested in playin some Outcast?

EDIT: Is anyone that has Outcast on?

2. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Just got it but havent installed yet, maybe tommorrow we can get a few people to play

3. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    PM me tomorrow when you want to play...

or IM me (AIM) at Aragorn327.

4. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    My shipping was delayed due to a problem with my credit card. Everything is ok now but I'm afraid I won't have the game until Monday. :_|

Edit: I just checked and it has been shipped. :D

5. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I just got done playing Outcast for 4 hours. I'm on the third level now. Perhaps in an hour or so i'll play, but not yet.

6. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    I've been doing multi-player for about 4 hours now...I think I'm gonna go to bed.

Should this thread be used for Outcast games for the rest of the week?

7. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Yeah, that's a good idea.

I personally promised myself not to play MP until SP was done. I'll probably be playing MP on Sunday or so.

8. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    I got stuck in MP and wanted to try out the lightsaber.

Force jump is the greatest thing in gaming history.

9. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    i love MP its fun! i think people cheat though, and that isnt fun! i go by Jedi-Stalker in there in case you wanted to know...

10. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Should this thread be used for Outcast games for the rest of the week?

Go for your life! I'll set up a screenie album in the morning, and next week I'll formalise the MP game announcements.

This week, revel in the anarchy. ;)

11. Darkgloom

Darkgloom Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2001
    I'll play - just PM me

12. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Force jump is the greatest thing in gaming history

Damn right! I love that move. And Level 3 Grip, when i can get it to work [face_plain] Ive been playing Multiplayer at Zone, I dont know where else I could play [face_plain]

13. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Yah, Dan, I'm doing what you're doing. Well, at least progessing very far in SP before I play MP. :) After all, I didn't discover MP in JK until I'd had the game for 2 years and you showed me how to play. ;)

14. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001
    If my 56k modem supports it, I'm in.
    PM, MSN or ICQ me

15. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    I think I remember that topic, Sithman.

"How do I do a JK multiplayer battle?" or something like that. Hahaha.

16. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    You serious? **Tries not to laugh** ;)

I have not played on the Zone in years it seems like and when I did it was always JK. Ahhh, the good ole days of playing JK straight for 12 hours or so on the weekends.

Force jump is so cool.

But, i'm in for whenever this gets organized.

17. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    I think I need someone to give me a little training first, I feel like I'm learning from scratch!

18. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    I know what you mean, I know what you mean.

I have to get used to an entirly different set of commands. I remember when I first started to play SP and I jumped, I was like....Kyle sucks now at jumping...but not with the force...

19. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Why are they so slow? And why is the regular jump so dinky?

20. Idle_Child

Idle_Child Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2002
    well, i'll play.. my internet name Idle Child. So watch out for me. :)

21. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    Heh. Cheating. Already? Doubtful. :D

I've noticed two different kinds of players over the years of my multiplayer gaming. Those who are good, and those who think everyone who beats them is somehow cheating. *grin*

-Jomero remembers the days when he was yelled at because people thought he was using an aiming bot. He took it as a great compliment

22. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    Heh. Cheating. Already? Doubtful.

I've noticed two different kinds of players over the years of my multiplayer gaming. Those who are good, and those who think everyone who beats them is somehow cheating. *grin*

I envy you for being lucky enough to miss out meeting up with the other types of gamers who really ARE cheaters and hackers - quite sad that some of them don't hide it well and are easily picked out while spectating them.

But as for online...its nothing like JK1 online. The saber seems unbalanced at times...and changing the saber type (?) by pressing L sometimes seems to help, but not usually.

But it will be quite fun...especially when people learn how to properly admin a server.

23. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    I'm bored and am starting up a game. I don't know what it will be called now, but if you want to find it, my IP is 68.49.11.109

I may be bot hunting when you get there but I'll kick them out if someone shows up.

Hope to see some of you there!

EDIT: Bot hunt to easy, gonna go join some other games....

24. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    Oh, I've played with cheaters. I've been dealing with them since day 1 of Original Quake 1 internet multiplayer.

It's pretty obvious is railing you from below and behind from their arse. When cheaters show up, it's generally pretty obvious for everyone involved and usually the whole internet knows about their existance (and then a patch is forthcoming to block whatever they are exploiting.... until the company gives up on patches).

I just find it hard to believe that someone has already found the exploits for JO this quick. I guess it's possible, but like I have said, there are cheaters and there are people who are good enough that people think that they might be cheating.

I know I have gotten upset enough from being beat down a time or two (and I was a Quake 2 CTF mastah) and thought the guy HAD to have been cheating. Went into observer mode and hopped into his perspective. Nope, he was just that good.

I hate cheaters. Always have. I do have to smile when I think about them, because I know they suck so bad that they have to resort to it. Anyone who needs that edge to resort to that in a *VIDEO GAME* makes the lamest people I know look cool.

I will say that there is NOTHING like going toe-to-toe with a cheater and actually BEATING him legitimately. I've done that a few times. Sorry, but sometimes no matter how good your program is at taking up the slack of your suckitude, it still can't contest with pure human skill (though it is REALLY tough to beat most cheaters). Those rare times, if I recall correctly, the cheaters would log off shortly after and the rest of us could continue in peace.

-Jomero really hates the cheaters that packet flood you when you get near them causing your ping to jump extremely high... but, he rarely has to deal with it anymore as he has pretty much retired a year+ ago

25. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Anyone want to play later today?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.