main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH anyone watching clone wars?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Exalted_1, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    just wanted to see if anyone besides me watching the new clone wars series...

...well?

2. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    my buddies and I have they did not like it while I did

3. Z28Jerry

Z28Jerry Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2004
    Hell yeah we are watching Clone Wars. Good or bad, if your asking this on the internet to a bunch of Star Wars fanatics then the answer is probably going to be yes.

I wish it would go deeper, and have more adult complexity to the story line and dialog...however as Star Wars fans we have to take what we are given, I guess.

4. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    I dunno, I think the clone wars fixes the one thing that was missing from the prequels...

...the banter.

the banter is finally back and Star wars is finally fun again, instead of just pretty to look at.

:D

we will have to wait and see what stories they go into! I liked this week's episode about rookie clones as well as "Ambush" with Yoda.

Talking about being expendable and sacrificing oneself is pretty heavy stuff to think about... even for most adults that's mature subject matter. they're just cramming it into 30 minute blocks, its tough to get too in-depth. and besides Star Wars is all about "Faster! More intense!"

Just because it's animated doesn't mean there's no substance either. the Clone Wars is doing it better that most shows currently out there IMHO.

I think some fans are just setting their expectations a little higher than they should. nothing is perfect, but this show comes pretty darn close to being what the prequels should have been. I also like this Anakin better. Performance-wise, He's a definitely an improvement over Hayden's portrayal.

5. Brian5475E

Brian5475E Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2002
    I'm loving the Clone Wars. I had my if's at first, but after watching I really enjoy it. I just can't wait till the live action TV show.

6. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005

Roger, Roger:)

7. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    Heck ya, I am wathcing the Clone Wars and loving it. I would have to agree with some of the assesments. The Clone Wars have brought back a lot of what mad Star Wars so much fun to watch. I am now starting to collect all thing connected with the Clone Wars.

8. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Menath has been attempting to watch it. I've seen some, the first two episodes were good I'll give you that. Overall though. . . >.< the droids hurt my brain!!!!

9. Robert-A-Fett

Robert-A-Fett Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    It's a fun little lark to keep me entertained until the live action show comes on.
    I wonder if anyone else has given consideration to the obvious fact that Asohka Tano will have to die before the show ends.
    Mwa ha ha ha.

10. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    Either die or become one of the fastest Padawan-to-knight progressions in the history of the Jedi. [face_devil]

she is barely older than a youngling and she is practically doing solo missions. So who's the chosen one, eh?

I liked the Prelude episode to the theatrical release. it was pretty cool to see that.=D=

11. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    When stuff for it came out, I found a poll on LJ on how Anakin's padawan would die -- with a series of neglect ridden answers with everything from a horrible explosion to Anakin forgetting to feed her. .. >.<

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.