main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN AOTC Ticket Availability

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu, Feb 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Okay, basically I want to use this thread to discuss the availabilty of tickets for AOTC in the Knoxville area. I know it's early, but best to sort these things out before the last minute.

Anyway, my questions are:

?Which theaters will be playing AOTC (or which theaters do you hope play AOTC)?

?Will tickets be available for advanced ordering?

?When will tickets be available for advanced ordering?

?Will advanced tickets be available online for any Knox area theaters?

?Will tickets be able to be advance ordered over the phone or no?

I know none of these questions can be answered yet, but feel free to speculate. Eventually the time will come when they can be answered. Though I enjoyed waiting for tickets for TPM, I don't really wanna do that this time. I just wanna order them online and be done with it (which wasn't an option with TPM).

BTW, if anybody wants to discuss AOTC, feel free to PM. I'm spoiled, but we don't have to talk spoilers :)

2. tennesseejedi

tennesseejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2001
    jeremy--

do you live here in knoxville? i'd love to get together and discuss star wars more with ya. there is a collectors club here in east tennessee that meets every month to discuss star wars. we are planning to see Ep.1 at the first showing at midnight here in knoxville on the 16th. we are hoping it will open at Windsong in west knoxville since it is by far the best theater in town. please feel free to email me here or at black@lock-net.com to discuss all that is star wars. later......

-Brett
    -tennesseejedi on TFN-
    -knoxvillejedi on TSWCG-

3. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jun 1, 2001
    Hey Brett. I agree with you; Wynsong is the best. Hopefully they'll advance sell tickets online somehow. I don't know if I wanna sit in line for tickets AND the movie this time around.

4. tennesseejedi

May 27, 2001
    the Knoxville chapter of The Tennessee Star Wars Collectors Group will be lining up not for tickets this year since they will be offered online but will be meeting up for the midnight showing on May 15 to see the movie. you are more than welcome to join in on the fun.

--knoxvillejedi--
    --tennesseejedi--

5. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jun 1, 2001
    Hey, if its gonna be Wynnsong, then count me in. :)

Where do you think tickets will be available online at?

6. tennesseejedi

May 27, 2001
    if Wynnsong does get Episode 2, then we will definately be seeing it there. great that you want to join us. the tickets will be available through fandango.com in april if i had to guess. have you checked out the TSWCG site yet?? go to my profile and click on the web page for thejawa.net there. there is always breaking news there for tennesseeans so please check it out and let me know what you think.

--tennesseejedi--

7. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jun 1, 2001
    fandago.com. Got it :)

Love the website too. I'll definately have to spend some time there. :)

8. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    Please ghod no, not the Wynnsong... anyplace but that... if not for anything, just their obscene extra tax policy is enough to keep you away... it's not worth it to pay an extra three of four bucks for a film and Coke for the privilege of seeing it there...

Regal WestTown *and* Farragut will most likely get it... they have better screens, a better pricing structure, and they sell tickets long before Carmike does... *and* they finally ditched VilePepsi started serving Coke again!

I'll go to Farragut before I go to Wynnsong... I did it for Lord of the Rings, and I'd do it again...

Fenn

9. tennesseejedi

May 27, 2001
    i'd take Wynnsong anyday over Regal Westtown. Wynnsong has a much better sound system and bigger theaters. Regal does not have any confirmation for EP2 now and hopefully will not. it comes down to which theater wants it more. Wynnsong is well worth the price, if for nothing else, not having to deal with that damn Westtown mall parking garage and all the kids! farragut is not even an option. the seating and sound both suck! LOTR would suck in any theater i guess. i didn't like that film at all. about 2 hours too long. ;-)

--tennesseejedi--

10. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Hey, there's three of you people! Start a fanforce and get jiggy with it!! :D

11. TheRealFennShysa

Oct 7, 2000
    I will not set foot in the Wynnsong ever again... I was treated rudely by their corporate management, and their theater design is NOT condusive to a pleasant viewing experience... that light beige tone of the walls lights up waaaay too much during a film...

If Episode II plays there, I will see it somewhere else...

As for Regal not having confirmation yet, NO ONE has confirmation... it's waay too early... and the trick with the garage at West Town is to park on the bottom level... no one ever does that....

You can not like LOTR, I'll live with that, but the film most certainly does not suck... it's the best film of last year, and frankly, wasn't long enough...

Fenn

besides, sucky films don't come close to setting record award nominations...

12. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jun 1, 2001
    [face_laugh]

LMAO!

This has turned into a theater vs theater, & LOTR battle! [face_laugh]

Seriously, I don't like Regal West Town because of the parking situation. However, Wynnsong is always crowded for the big movies and you have to walk a mile to get to the theater.

I've never had a problem with treatment at either, of course I usually don't buy concessions when I go into a big movie either (too afraid I'll have to hit the restroom).

What concerns me the most is the ticket situation, not really the best theater. As long as any theater offers online ticket sales on the earliest sale-date possible, I'll be happy. They didn't get with the program for TPM in this area. Hopefully none of the theaters will institute a lame policy establishing that you actually have to physically be there reserve your tickets. I'm not going through that again.

13. TheRealFennShysa

Oct 7, 2000
    Actually, that policy came from Lucasfilm last time, not the theatres... that 3pm start time applied to all the online and phone sales as well, although I'm not sure Knoxville was set up for that at the time anyway...

I don't trust that Fandango thing, either... we've had quite a few problems with one of our group buying and being charged for tickets to Monsters Inc, Harry Potter, and LOTR, and then discovering the theatre knew nothing about any tickets... that, plus having to pay an extra dollar just for the convenience (when I usually just go by the theatre a week or two ahead of time and get what I need for the big premieres) turned me off them...

Oh, and another note... one of our group has a major walking disability... she almost can't sometimes... the Regal management has bent over backwards in being helpful in getting her seated early before the crowds rush in at both Farragut and West Town... the Carmike Wynnsong people told her to get in line with everyone else...

Fenn

Oh, and frankly, I enjoyed the hell out of ticket day at West Town three years ago... took a vacation day (and a folding chair), and we made a party out of it... nice covered garage to hang in, play games, the mall provided breakfast AND lunch, a jazz ensemble came and played for us (they were in the line too!)... it was a great day... was actually looking forward to something like that again...

14. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jun 1, 2001
    >>Actually, that policy came from Lucasfilm last time, not the theatres... that 3pm start time applied to all the online and phone sales as well, although I'm not sure Knoxville was set up for that at the time anyway...<<

What time they go on sale isn't that big a deal to me, just as long as they're available online whenever their ticket office is selling them. I don't care if they only advance sell a day before the movie; I'll get mine the same time as everybody else. That was my complaint, that they weren't available online last time. I certainly hope they are this time, because...

>>Oh, and frankly, I enjoyed the hell out of ticket day at West Town three years ago...<<

While I enjoyed it too (I was there), I don't particularly care to do that again. Particularly if this movie is as big a let down to me personally as TPM was (in restrospect to the effort it took to get the tickets). I took a day off from work last time, but I've got a more expensive car to pay for this time :D, so I don't know that I can really afford it. But, then again, I never miss work anyway, so maybe I deserve to take a day off. But I don't know if I wanna go through that whole waiting process again (though it was fun at one time). I kinda consider it a one-time experience. It's almost like waiting in line for what is *supposed* to be the biggest and best ride in the amusement park. Super long line and wait, but the waiting, anticipation, and hanging out with your friends is fun. But when you finally get to the ride, it doesn't exceed the effort made waiting.

Either way, I'll probably know before the on-sale date. It's not like I have to warn my business in advance if I'm gonna be out.

15. Sethesh

Sethesh Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2001
    I live within distance of all the said theatres, and above all, I'd rank Wynsoung(or however its spelled, the big one near Lowes) as the best sound-quality wise. The Regal Cinemas in West Town Mall (Formerly Funscape) does a poor job keeping the volume at a good level. I can clearly remeber Jurassic Park 3, and my defiant "What?!" every five minutes because I couldn't hear Dr. Grant. Ah well.

As for the Faragut Regal Cinemas, I haven't been there in years. I think the last time I was down that side of town was when they opened the place and the flying Elvis' jumped in (This was when the movie Hunnymoon in Las Vegas was out, that first featured those wonderful Flying Elvis'. One even signed my Last Action Hero poster)

16. Sethesh

Sethesh Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2001
    AND.. Speaking of the Regal Cinemas parking garage at West Town mall, while visiting that mall, we've:

-had out license plate stolen in the parking garage
    -been accousted by a druggie who thought my friend was Jesus (yeah yeah, he was wearing a Jedi robe, but STILL!)
    -Been thrown out for trying to pry a kiddie stroler from its little corral
    -been poisoned by a Chick Filla' worker
    -been bitten by that stupid bird from the Pet store

And.. ehh.. can't think of the rest..

17. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jun 1, 2001
    Ouch, man! [face_laugh]

Well, I don't have any handicapped buddies, nor do I really care to buy concessions, so I'll probably head to Wynnsong.

It ain't worth worrying about the parking situation, and then coming out of the movie pissed, discovering that somebody has either dinged up my car or just stolen it.

18. TheRealFennShysa

Oct 7, 2000
    Well, if Regal West Town gets it, it won't be at the Wynnsong... they're in the same theatre zone as far as the distributors go, so they each get exclusivity on their respective titles... regardless, it's a moot point until we know who's got it...

Anyway... I'm in a "Support Regal" mood right now... Valleyfest is coming up next week, and say what you will about them, they've done an incredibly good thing in sponsoring and nurturing that festival (which you guys ought to check out... they've got a good track record of bringing in good independent stuff)... hell, they even renovated the Downtown West in part because of it... :)

Fenn

19. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jun 1, 2001
    >>Well, if Regal West Town gets it, it won't be at the Wynnsong... they're in the same theatre zone as far as the distributors go, so they each get exclusivity on their respective titles...<<

Are you sure about that? If so, then that sucks.

Oh well. Like you said: the point is moot until we know for sure. Just wanted to make sure that I'm well prepared beforehand. Hopefully we can keep this thread updated on any new developments.

There's no point in debating theaters at the moment, when we should be trying to help each other :)

20. marvelfett

marvelfett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2002
    Does anyone know if Fandango.com is going to ruin the whole camping out for tickets thing? I had a blas last time.

21. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jun 1, 2001
    For one thing, we don't know for *certain* that fandago will be offering tickets online for our theaters yet.

But, if they do, I don't see it ruining the ticket camp-out. There obviously won't be as many people there (like me), but there will still be enough people who want to enjoy the experience who will show up.

22. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jun 1, 2001
    Since things are a little slow here at work, I decided to take the time and do a little minor research on what theaters in our area are compatible with Fandango.

So, as of March 20th, 2002, here is the list:

?Regal Cinemas, Knoxville Center 10

?Regal Cinemas, West Town Mall 9

?Regal Cinemas, Downtown West 8

?Regal Cinemas, Farragut Town Square 10

And that's it. So, if you wanna order tickets online and avoid the stand-in-line hassle, Regal Cinemas is your only option...for now.

Unless Carmike changes their advance-sale policy, they probably will never offer Fandango tix. Cinemark may, however.

Damn. I was hoping Carmike/Wynnsong or Cinemark would offer them, but no such luck...yet. At any rate, we still have no idea if advance ordered tickets will be available online at any of these locations. My guess right now is no, but we'll see (and hope).

*keeps fingered crossed*

23. tennesseejedi

May 27, 2001
    well if Regal does get it, and from what i'm hearing from some reliable sources around town that it will go to Regal, then maybe Tinsle Town in Oak Ridge will be the best place to see it. i saw Episode 1 there at an advanced screening for just a select few the night before it premiered and i gotta say that i was very impressed. i'm hoping to go to the advanced screening this year there if all goes as planned. thanks for the heads up on the fandango situation. see ya on the 13th and i hope Steve brings his lightsabers again. he had some beautiful ones and even a prototype of Luke's saber from ROTJ from the guys that just got the license from LFL, Master Replicas.

--tennesseejedi--

24. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jun 1, 2001
    I agree about Tinseltown. It is a great theater, and not a bad drive at all.

25. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jun 1, 2001
    A guy from Kingsport just advanced ordered his ticket. The on-sale date for that theater is Friday, but he reserved his with a credit card. :mad:

When are they going announce the on-sale date here?!? We don't even know which theaters will be playing it yet! :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.