main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq April Meeting (it's gettin' close people..)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Wook, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Hi, Rik. The meeting on the 17th is at aplace called CMI. There are directions on the Mos Alba webpage (and a link to it at the top of this page)

2. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    boba, I have all the info that I have gathered and we will be discussing it at the meeting. The problem is finding the members... and then there is the cost of equipment, shirts, etc... I have been calculating it all up. And its a lot more then 35 bucks a person, unfortunatly. But whatever...

as for the name? I think something that connects with Mos Alba (tatoonie) would be a better then name... Thats why I thought of Tuskens. And who better to kick some butt on the field then a bunch of ratty Tuskens. Then we can get Lor to dress up and dance on the sidelines to distract the other teams

3. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Have him do his war cry. [face_laugh]

4. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    The Wamp Rats

5. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    The Jawa Traders

6. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    Lor says he won't be our mascot... maybe if we name the team The Banthas he would be persuaded to change his mind...

So far we have:

Tuskens
    Rogue Squadron
    Jawa Traders
    Wamp Rats

how about Sand Troopers?

7. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Might work, I know I wouldn't be able to make all the games anyway because of my really really screwed up schedule...

8. ZUBBZERO77

ZUBBZERO77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    How about the Tydarium Squad or the Siths??

9. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    What about the Rancors..

"On Dathomir local Force-sensitive witches use rancors as tame mounts. Although Jabba's rancor is clearly non-sapient, at least some of the rancors of Dathomir seem to approach intelligence. These rancors are social creatures, hunting in family-based packs."

10. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    oh I like the Rancors!

11. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    oh, nother topic of discussion! if anyone from down south comes up and needs a place to stay for the night - maybe we need to figure all that out?

12. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    To quote Thumb Wars...how 'bout "freaky little hooded people"?

Good name huh?

13. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I'm not gonna be able to make it, and just cancel the little party for me in May....I will most likely not be able to make that meeting either.

14. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    Any why not????

15. overlord1138

overlord1138 Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2005
    I understand the meeting is at CMI. Can someone tell me what a "CMI" is?

16. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    April Newsletter going out shortly. I'll also post it here...

Oh, I guess that means I need to write it. [face_laugh]

17. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    that would be good "comfortable would be good"

18. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Mos Alba - You Don't Need to See Our Identification

Faster than a ninja! Stronger than a fanboy with no deoderant! Able to leap tall buildings in a single dream! Look, in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's ...

THE APRIL EDITION OF THE MOS ALBA NEWSLETTER!!!!

Crazy, happy, pink, fluffiness! Read on, dear readers, read on...

-------------------------------------

WHAT'S BEEN GOING ON SINCE LAST MONTH

March Meeting

First, big props to Ken and Melanie for hosting March's meeting (and April's, for that matter). The library was booked by another group and Ken and Melanie got us use of CMI where there was plenty of space, and no "Shhh! Quiet - Library" to worry about.

T-shirt orders were placed and Lor collected money. Discussion for the April 1st/2nd toy release was presented by Brian with lists galore. The Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk was talked about and is scheduled for the 24th of April. The May Meeting is going to be scheduled at Bob's house for a "Prequel/BBQ - 1 week till RotS Countdown". Free Comic Book Day was discussed and we have been invited to set up again in front of Lobo Comics. And there was a tiny bit of discussion for the ROTS release.

Toy Release & Trooping

April 2nd saw the release of merchandise galore for Revenge of the Sith. Two groups split up for the midnight toy release - one at the Los Lunas Walmart, and another at the Eubank/I-40 (Jason's) Walmart. Plenty of toys were to be had, some recruitment was done, but fun was had by all.

The morning of the 2nd, the Mountain Garrison and Mos Alba helped out Walmart by trooping at the I-40/Coors Walmart in the morning and at Jason's Walmart in the afternoon. There were a lot of excited children (and adults) at both locations. Over $100 was raised in the afternoon for the Children's Miracle Network. The Walmart managers invited us back as often as we like - the next likely event will be close to the movie release.

MARCH AND APRIL BIRTHDAYS

Mst_Anakin (Erin) - March 12
    Jaina Byrd (Andrea) - March 13
    DarkHaven_X - March 20
    Bloodclaw65 (Joseph) - March 28
    SithLordAaron (Aaron) - April 3rd

Happy birthday! If I missed you're birthday, let me know!

MEETING

PLEASE NOTE!!! The meeting will NOT BE AT THE LIBRARY THIS WEEKEND! We didn't sign up for the room in time, so we will be meeting at another place. Same goes for next month.

Instead, we will be meeting at CMI which is across the street from DoItDinners on Ellison, just west of I-25 down San Antonio. So, you know where the library is? Go west down San Antonio. Go under I-25. Keep going west past Jefferson and it'll be on your left.
    Or, see the website:
    Website
    When: April 17th @ 2:00 PM
    Where: CMI (Ellison and Jefferson)
    For more info, please see this thread:
    Meeting Thread

MEETING TOPICS
    1. Breast Cancer Walk - Last year we raised over $1000 for research for the fight against Breast Cancer. Can we top it this year? Unfortunately, it's the weekend following C3, so some members may not be available, but we can do it.
    Visit the website for more info:
    Mos Alba Website
    This is such a wonderful cause. Please get involved. Beg, coerce, blackmail coworkers and friends. Donate time and/or money to the cause.
    2. Head Shot! - Let's take some headshots of members so that we can put them up on the website. Bring cameras if you got 'em!
    3. C3 Swag - Some people have offered to pick up swag from C3 for anyone that brings money. If you want something, bring money and I'm sure someone will be happy to get it for you.
    4. Free Comic Book Day - May 7th. Trooping in front of Lob

19. overlord1138

overlord1138 Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2005
    Ok, I'll ask again. What is CMI? I am not familiar with it. what kind of place is it? Comic shop? Resturant? What?

20. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Warehouse. Ken's father-in-law owns that business place.

Yes, it is not a "public" place, but it's not exactly someone's house either. It's a good space to use, in the interim...

21. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    won't be able to make it because work. I work this weekend 9am to 5:30pm and then in May my boss is going to New York and then on her dumb manager's trip.

22. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Anyone want to do some trading at the meeting? I have some figures that I don't really need. I have a silver Clone and silver R2. I'll have to see what else I have.

23. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    um... I have a star wars trivia book you want to trade for? :p

24. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Judging by the trivia thread, maybe you should keep it!

25. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Before this thread dies a sad lonely death...*drumroll*

MINUTES OF THE APRIL MEETING!

(hey it's not late if it's posted before the May meeting - so get off my case!)

Anyway,

We met again at CMI on Ellison. Went around the room to do intros as we had a few new faces in the crowd.

Discussion included the C3, EP3 release plans (either at Cottonwood or Rio) and Free Comic Book Day plans, as well as the upcoming Breast Cancer Walk on April 24th and the Change Bandit's program (thru 100.3 The Peak)

New items discussed were the possible formation of a softball team that would be 10 weeks - needed 9 to 10 people including 5 minimum of the female persuasion. There is a thread to get feedback if anyone is interested. Will need to get a team formed and paid for by June. PM ObeyTheFist (Alyson) for more details.

Also in the sports genre was the possibility of a mud volleyball team for to benefit the Carrie Tingley hospital on June 18th. Entry registration is June 3rd. A thread will be started on this to see if anyone is interested.

Star Wars Library Day will be June 11th at the Cherry Hills Library. We will have 3 hours to have various activities. Suggestions from Julie & Donna included crafts, oragami, trivia and reading sessions. Any contributions of small prizes ($1-$3) are appreciated, or any suggestions for activiites. A planning meeting is scheduled for June 4. Check out the Library Thread for more details.

Registration for the Bubonicon table has been completed. Jason offered to donate his signage collection from Walmart to raffle etc. See herefor more details.

That's it for the major details?.

Wook out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.