main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Archon 32 / Oct. 3-5, 2008 / Collinsville, IL

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedi_runya, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Archon is in our own backyard. We have been invited to join up with the local 501st--70th Explorers to come play. The link with all the info is here. The big named guest is Laurell K. Hamilton. And till July 31st tickets run $50 for the weekend.

Let me know if you need anymore info, or you are interested in coming along. :D

2. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I'm not going to be coming back to St Louis for the summer but I'll probably come for that.

3. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    So, uh, is anyone else going?

4. JodoK

JodoK Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2008
    Its just goes to show how much I know about area cons....I've never even heard about it untill now. :oops:

5. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Hmmm...I might go for a bit. Hopefully, I'll have some free time.

6. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    I'll go if Amy makes me. :)

7. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    LOL! I have to decide if I'm making myself. It mostly depends on if someone will watch the kiddos and, if not, how much will it be for all of us to get in. But, I'm definitely forcing you to go if I do.:p

8. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    You two are so cute together. :p

9. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    You are such a "fork". :p

So for a weekend pass it's over $50. Hahahahaha! Like I'd pay as much as I would for dragoncon. It doesn't say how much for just a one day pass.

10. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Well, if anyone's going, it's my birthday on the third so everyone bring me presents or buy me a drink or something :p

11. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    We should just do that instead of going to the Con....

12. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Yeah, Jon... why didn't you say so? That's a mandatory social right there.;)

13. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I do tend to make it easier for people to eat food.

14. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Well, so far today, the whole thing's been fairly boring. I went to a few panels (mostly on Steampunk costuming) and got bored usually after a half hour. The dealer's room was way too many book vendors of recycled crap fantasy and sci-fi that no one would want to read and far to little of intelligently planned merchanidse from major movies/series.

The costumes have been pretty lackluster too. I saw a trio of Fetts, only one of which looked even half way decent (the other two had major components that were obviously cardboard and even one that was mostly duct tape). I felt overdone in my Rebel Pilot today. :(

Hopefully things with pick up in that respect when the masquarade starts tonight. We shall see....

15. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    So how was the masquerade? Did it get any better? And all I have to say is...it's a con in Collinsville. :p I had at least hoped that you'd say the vendors had great merchandise so that I'd think it was worth the entry fee to do some awesome nerd shopping.

16. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    The masquerade was fantastic. Best I've seen at a con yet. They seemed way too eager to give out awards though. To be perfectly fair, there were some that really didn't deserve some. The cardboard mandalorians got an award even (to be fair, it was for best stage presence). But there were some absolutely amazing costumes there.

My camera was dead so I was borrowing a friend's costume. I'll post pictures when I get them from her.

17. cvillevader

cvillevader Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2007
    Exactly what is that supposed to mean? I live in Collinsville... :/

18. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    And would you be as excited about going to a con in Collinsville as you would a con in LA or Atlanta or Chicago? I wouldn't get too hyped about a con in Fairview Heights either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.