main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ask Artie!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Artie-Deco, Jul 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    It's all the same principle- we are forgetful as humans, and mistakes will be made. It is your responsibility to know all the cards and what happens. If you miss the window of opportunity, you can't go back on it. BTW, Deco is right about Lat Dmg-

It goes into a shade of grey argument- do you have the moral right to take damage if your opponent forgets, and vice versa? That's up to you as a player. In fun games, I remind my partner and he reminds me so we can get more used to our decks. In tourney games when playing each other we don't remind our opponent of anything. That being said, if you make yourself "forget" to take Court Damage, and are not reminded by opponent, you are only cheating yourself and making yourself less of a player.

2. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Same would go for recirculating used pile....

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    If you forgot, you forgot. You can't go back and change things.

4. NissoJape

NissoJape Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    Ok, Here's another one, when the superlaser destroys Hoth. Do you lose force for double ALL icons or double blue icons?

Also, let's say the opponent lays down hoth sites with 2 blue icons and 2 red icons, do i lose those too? And would he lose any?

Also, conceptually....the death star can't kill itself, but in here can it?

5. Artie-Deco

Aug 23, 2001
    Ok, Here's another one, when the superlaser destroys Hoth. Do you lose force for double ALL icons or double blue icons?

Light side loses Force equal to 2x the number of Light icons.

Also, let's say the opponent lays down hoth sites with 2 blue icons and 2 red icons, do i lose those too? And would he lose any?

Doesn't matter who deploys the sites, LS loses 2x the number of LS force icons, DS loses nothing.

Also, conceptually....the death star can't kill itself, but in here can it?

You can not target your own card with a weapon.

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Plus Commence Primary Ignition says it can only target planets.

7. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    Oh yeah, sorry, i knew that one...shoulda thought it out ;)

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    99.9% of any rules questions in this game can be answered by reading either the cards or the rules.

9. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    Yeah....But i get confused easily because i always think things through too hard.

Ok...i have a question that can probably be answered through reading-which i tried-

Are pilots present when they pilot a starship? and can a site be a system, i highly doubt this because of it;s definition, but i have to be sure.

10. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    Ok, this question is targeted at everyone

How many cards-estimate-do you have?

I personally only have about 2000 dark carda and 1500 light side cards at my disposal.

11. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Are pilots present when they pilot a starship?

They are present aboard the ship, but they are not present at whatever location they're at.

and can a site be a system, i highly doubt this because of it;s definition, but i have to be sure.

No, a site is a site, and a system is a system.

12. Artie-Deco

Aug 23, 2001
    They are present aboard the ship, but they are not present at whatever location they're at.

Keep in mind, they're "at" the location; they just aren't "present" at the location.

Does that confuse you? Read the glossary sections "at", "present" and "prepositions" ... if you dare!!

;)

13. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    Ok, I get it. I have read and understand the present prepositions etc....but I got confused when i saw the card that makes it so the opponents ability from pilots at sites do not count towards battle destiny.

14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Pilots can be on the ground, too, you know. You don't have to actually be aboard a ship in order to be a pilot; the only requirement for being a pilot is that the character has the pilot icon.

15. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    Ok, what would be a good setup for a you can either profit by this or be destroyed? how much space should be used.?

16. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    If you want to use Tatooine Celebration, I'd use a little bit of space, otherwise, I wouldn't use any.

17. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Profit decks tend to be strictly ground-based, because of the benefits on the 7 side, so I wouldn't put in any space at all.

18. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    Ok, I am thinking of using some rebel gaurds or something to fortify a strong defense, but then i can't run away, maybe my wookies and chewbacca can provide some support because my lack of jedi.

Ok I have some more questions that i just need clarified because...well i am not 100% sure with all that they say.

Ok, CONTROL, now does this cancel a force drain at one location or one entire turn of force drains?

Also, and i can't believe i am asking this.....When a weapon says target hit if destiny +2> then defense value....does that mean if the defense value is 4 you need to get a 6? same thing with -2> I thought i knew these but i have never read anything directly addressing this matter, i've just always assumed, and you know what they say about assuming.....

Thank you once again.

19. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Ok, I am thinking of using some rebel gaurds or something to fortify a strong defense, but then i can't run away, maybe my wookies and chewbacca can provide some support because my lack of jedi.

Guards are terrible. Go with other guys who can actually move.

Ok, CONTROL, now does this cancel a force drain at one location or one entire turn of force drains?

It only cancels one Force drain. It doesn't say it cancels a turn's worth, so it doesn't. Remember, cards only do what they say.

Also, and i can't believe i am asking this.....When a weapon says target hit if destiny +2> then defense value....does that mean if the defense value is 4 you need to get a 6?

No, it means you need to draw a 3 or more, because if you add 2 to 3 (or more), you get 5, which is more than the defense value of 4.

same thing with -2> I thought i knew these but i have never read anything directly addressing this matter, i've just always assumed, and you know what they say about assuming.....

If it's -2, then you need to draw at least a 7 in order to hit a card of defense value 4.

20. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    Well control says nothing about canceling ONE force drain, it just says cancel blah blah blah force drain.

21. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    "cancel a Force drain." A is singular.

22. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    Well it says Cancel Sense or Alter. (Immune to Sense.) OR Cancel an Immediate or Mobile Effect (even if just deployed), or Force drain.

I guess i was reading it to be the "AN" was only applying to the immediate or modile effect.

Well it's still a great card.

23. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Well, getting a better grasp of the English language is always a plus.

Whenever there is a list of objects in a sentence preceded by an adjective or other qualifier, that adjective or qualifier applies to the entire list.

So to stretch it out, it's an Immediate Effect, a Mobile Effect, or a Force drain.

24. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    Well technically, if it was supposed to be correct 100% English, it would have listed correctly seperated by commas and have a coordinating conjuction to tie in the force drain.

Thus, an immediate effect, mobile effect, or force drain.

25. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    This conversation is irrelevant and has the option of turning ugly with the developement of the inevebility of petty retorts.

How would i find out if there was any ccg "action" in my area? I know of one card shop that sells out of one reflections 1 box and won't host or do anything but i am having trouble finding-literally-anyone to play with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.