main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Attack of the clones??

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by paperclipx, Aug 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    What was he thinking? Or smoking? That sounds like a bad Sci-Fi channel movie....ugh.

2. banthagrl

banthagrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2001
    Ohmygod, I just heard! Attack of the CLONES???!!! That's AWFUL!!! Why didn't he just call it "Send In the Clones"? It's a bad Austin Powers joke!

3. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Now, let's not jump to conclusions... Where's my mat? (those who've seen "Office Space" know what I'm talking about).

My theory is, that it's bait for counterfeiters. That way, it'll be easy to spot bogus merchandise. Now, if the title were changed to "The Clone Wars", that'd be cool...

4. Dawmer299

Dawmer299 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Im bettign it is what it is... just like I thought the Phantom Menace was a dumb name

5. yatchie

yatchie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2001
    If it is it, maybe he'll pay attention to all the bad reviews from the fans and change it. We can only hope

6. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    THe thing is, people haven't seen a single frame of film and are already assuming the movie is going to suck. Just because the title's lame doesn't mean the movie will be...

7. yatchie

Jun 7, 2001
    I didn't say anything about the movie being bad. From what I've "seen" it's suppose to be pretty good.

8. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Im not judging the movie by its name, it could be called just about anything and I will still go see it again and again. And I am also sure I will love it. But the name is just real cheesy. It sounds like a bad 50's B movie, not the digital/FX masterpiece it is. Im sure it will grow on me, but I will always cringe.

9. banthagrl

banthagrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2001
    ok, I may not like the title - I may really, really hate the title - but I hate this idea of a fan petition to change the name even more. What arrogance, that a bunch of fans think they can tell the creator of the movie to change something because they think it sounds dumb.

Think what would happen if George started listening to every obnoxious fan who thought they knew better than him how to make a Star Wars movie - filmmaking by focus group! You'd end up with something like the tacked-on ending to the current Planet of the Apes - which I read came about because a focus group didn't like the original ending. (If you've seen it, you know what I mean)

Don't getta me wrongo, I still reserve the right to gripe and whine about what I don't like - I just don't expect anything to change to suit me...

10. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    I probably should've clarified- I wasn't saying anyone here says the movie will suck. A lot of the fan reaction I've read on the Net is people saying exactly that. SUre, it sounds hokey, but Most of us just refer to the movies as Star Wars or the episode number anyway, so I don't think it'll matter much. Besides, what's in a name?

11. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    I don't have a problem with it. Is it the best title? No. But I've seen titles on the books that are worse. And like "The Empire Strikes Back" isn't lame either? And that whole thing about "it sounds like a cheesy 50's sci-fi (sorry Kate,...sf) movie"? PPPPUUUULLLLEEEAAAZZZEEE!!!!! That's part of Lucas' inspiration for the movies! If that really bothers people, then they ought to be glad that Lucas made Star Wars, and wasn't able to follow through on his original intentions. After he made American Graffiti, he tried to get the rights to an old Sci-fi movie classic, but wasn't able to get the rights. That's right, we might've know George Lucas as the director of tha 70's re-make FLASH GORDON!!!!!!

This is just like the whining after the announcement of TPM. People will complain. People will make jokes. People will make petitions (as if that really does any good). People will deny that this is the title (even after they see it in the trailers). People will get used to it. And people will slide into a grudging acceptance (and some will be dragged in kicking and screaming).

**ehddited four sppelling!! :D

12. yatchie

Jun 7, 2001
    Obi Wan has spoken :- )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.