main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Attention People!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by JediKnightAlestor, Jul 25, 2005.

1. JediKnightAlestor

JediKnightAlestor Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2004
    Locked by request. Zoom was just trying to get a point across. If Alestor wanted an apology, he could have asked for it, instead of Izeith calling him out on it.

We need to start listing places for the next meeting. So thats what this thred is for.

2. JediKnightAlestor

Oct 23, 2004
    Zooms looks like it so far....

3. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    OK, not to be a thread Nazi, but we don't need 4 threads for a single meeting, and if you create a thread asking for attention, most of us are just going to glance at it and go..."Meh"...and probably not even reply. I'll admit, I wouldn't have replied, except for the fact that somebody has to speak up before BrotherHalo or JGoC come and say the same thing, and start locking half the threads they see. LOL.

In the future, let's try to keep ONE thread per meeting, aptly titled something subject-related -- perhaps "August Meeting" would do for the month of August -- vague thread titles don't serve much of a purpose except to give us a bunch of trash to wade through and ignore.

There. That was my thread Nazi moment for the year.

4. JediKnightAlestor

Oct 23, 2004
    I am offended I have the right to put anything I want as long as it isn't bad.

5. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    Jedi control their emotion... feel no offense...

Jedi Knight Alestor is obviously Jedi... should feel no offense...

Zoom is not Jedi... Zoom is ????.... maybe Cthulhu... and therefore can be as offensive as he wants...

;) :p ;) :p

6. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I am offended I have the right to put anything I want as long as it isn't bad.

Whether you're offended or not...bleh -- my whole point in that post is...once you start haphazardly creating threads, you'll eventually get banned, and all those threads will be locked. You have the right to post pretty much anything, but anything considered spam can be grounds for somebody pointing the finger of doom at you.

Having some sort of intelligible title, and only 1 thread per subject is more of a way of being courteous to everyone else, and people will be a lot more receptive to your posts.

7. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Sorry I didn't catch this earlier.

You are NOT free to post what you want. As long as it remains within the Rules of Conduct and Terms of Service, there's still a limit as to what can and should be posted. Redundant threads will be tolerated - but barely. If it's excessive, then you can be banned.

8. JediKnightAlestor

Oct 23, 2004
    But I have done this like three times since like last november and I still don't like being jumped on. I just figured that at the time no one was posting. So I made another post and that normaly gets people to post again. (but normaly not about not making posts) But any way even after I made this subject people still didn't even post for like two whole weeks.

So you know I am not complaining just letting what I think be known.

9. Izeith_Katarn

Izeith_Katarn Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005
    ok well I am not goin to get into the mess about redundant threads, But I do think that Zoom owes Alestor and BIG apology. Saying bleh to someone when they are offended is flat out mean and heartless in ANY society, not to mention disrespectful. If he was offended by Zoom then Zoom should find out why Alestor was offended and explain why he said what he said. That was uncalled for, Zoom is not in ANY place of authority and therefor has no right to dismiss people like that, just because HE didnt like what he heard. Well thats all for now.

Izeith_Katarn

10. Darth_Nast_T

Darth_Nast_T Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    Folks...

Drop it already! [face_frustrated]

Stop being so gall-darned hyper-sensitive! [face_frustrated] [face_frustrated]

Zoom's suggestion for a single thread per meeting is reasonable, and the tone of the post was tounge-in-cheek, not "jumping on" anyone. :rolleyes:

By the way, I recommend that folks looking for info on the September meeting goto the "September Meeting Thread"... less whining over there! :D