main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson August meeting on the calendar

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Bookman's was booked until 4pm.. so we are on the books on Saturday August 6th from 4pm till 7pm.. I gave us three hours.. we do not have to use the whole block of time, I just reserved it in case, I thought if we came up with our name.. we might work on banner ideas while we were all together.

In my mind I am still considering our meet time to be 3:47 pm.. just so no one is late, such as myself :eek:

also.. for this meeting.. let's toss around the snack idea a bit.. what snacks would people eat. I noticed at the last two meetings not that many people were snacking.. I would prefer to provide snacks that people would like to eat and drink. Considering hot water for hot tea and coffee and maybe some crackers and lighter cookies. though I make a pretty killer home made bean dip.. just list something if it is something you like to snack on more than what we have been bringing. and btw.. the sw cups and plates and napkins were a nice and fun touch. I loved that!!:)

2. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    How about popcorn? I can make some before the next meeting.

I guess snakes and drinks that are easy to just grab and chomp and talk with (no salt watter taffy).

:)

BTW... the tableware will make a comeback next time.

3. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Since it will be around dinner time we could make it a pot luck.

I have a crockpot and could make something in there.

4. Jamesmorbidia

Jamesmorbidia Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    Well I don't think I will make this one being that I usualy work durring that time. I might be able to pull something and make the end or something but no prommises.

5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I hate to think of having a meeting without you JM. I know that there will be times that all of us will have to miss certain meetings.. I wish we had a time set that everyone was free all the time.

For the food.. all of this sounds great.. a potluck sounds kind of great. it covers the while spectrum.. some could bring snacks and some could bring drinks and a couple of us could bring dishes.

the popcorn sounds yummy. I am always for popcorn.

6. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    I'll bring the home made pizza...from Pappa Johns... [face_whistling]

7. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Mugen posted on 7/12/05 11:45am
    I'll bring the home made pizza...from Pappa Johns... [face_whistling]
    [hr][/blockquote]

Where's my fish to fish thump him?

Here it is:

[image=http://67.18.37.17/1527/19/emo/tunasmack.gif]

You have been officially fish thumped by Dark Fish Slapper. :p [face_devil]

8. Corvis_E_Mortdelem

Corvis_E_Mortdelem Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2005
    Unfortunatly I have no funds to bring any food, let alone to share. So I'll at least bring the SW d20 core so you all can glance/skim through it.

9. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    that will be just fine.. having you there is great.. no worries about the food.

10. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Don't suppose theres going to be a TV and DVD player for us to use?

11. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    There might be, dialswiftjustice.

I was going to suggest that we make character sheets since we are going to have the room for 3 hours.

12. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I would love to make character sheets for gaming. Great idea

No television at this meeting.. the idea of a movie night is being tossed around.. but for bookman's I like the idea of keeping it lowkey. We can discuss a movie night at the meeting though and also a console game night as well.

What all should I get lined up for working on our banner.. as far as utensils.

13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    on the banner.. Jada.. what all can we pick from.. or can we just design it ourselves.. I have been looking at other boards to get ideas.. wondering if we should bring a laptop to the next meeting to discuss this.. or should we at least print out a few to see and get ideas from. Can we take from any book.. or do we have to worry about copy right laws..

14. Corvis_E_Mortdelem

Corvis_E_Mortdelem Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2005
    I dont have a printer, and my brother's is out of ink. Soo...you can download the character sheets at wizards.com...I'll look around to see if I have some laying about my game room, no garunte though.

15. Daikon

Daikon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    I could send you character sheets in excel format that Void created. It populates and calculates a bunch of stuff for you. They are really handy. PM me an email addy if interested.

-D-

16. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    I have something that we can watch if someone brings a DVD player and a tv......I have to admit that I am a bit hesitent to tell you all, as it is something that is not quite in the "white area"..in fact its down right "dark side"....dont hate me..but I couldnt wait for ep3 to come out on DVD..I had a "friend" get me one copy. So if you all dont hate me too much for doing it..we can watch it at the meeting. [face_whistling]

17. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Can I make a "backup" copy?

:)

18. Jamesmorbidia

Jamesmorbidia Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005

Well if you come by my store I'll make if for you, then it will almost be home made...and at a discount. [face_dancing]

19. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    COOL!!!! I am a poor folk after all...just say where and I am there before the shindig

20. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    someone had asked earlier if we would have a tv or dvd player at the meeting.. for the official monthly meetings held at bookman's or any other public meeting place I do not want to make them actual 'activities' no gaming or movie watching, or anything like that.. we can discuss future plans to do have gaming, and movie night and all of those things.. I just want to have our monthly meetings stay official for the time being.. working on things the group needs to have in place such as banner.. and working on character sheets.. those things are okay.. and even going to a house after a meeting for movie watching is okay.. but I don't want to bring tv's and gaming consoles into the meetings.. or really.. we won't get any of the work done. I hope I am hurting any feelings or stepping on toes.. I do not mean for that to happen.. I just want us to have a goal in mind for what we want our fanforce to be.

A computer however.. that is a different story.. we might could use one of them in order to show someone what we mean for some time of banner or whatever. Though I think bookmans will freak if I try and bring in my computer.. does anyone sport a laptop?

this post contained some major editing. just to let you know.

21. Daikon

Daikon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    Sorry guys forgot this was on my puter that got stolen. I'm trying to get it from Void, I'll send it out as soon as I get it.

-D-

22. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Did I say "snakes and drinks"?

Ewww, Yuck!

23. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    rotflmao!!!!! Awww, but some snakes are cute [face_love]

24. hal9k1