main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Battlestar Galactica 2005 discussion thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Ulkesh2, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    It's not a morality issue. It is about the survival of the species. Granted it's a hot topic for 21st century Americans but with a population of less than 50K you cannot afford to lose any viable potential warriors. Now on the flip side abortion may become mandatory a few years down the road for population control (like China). But with the current casualty rate every ***** is sacred. Okay everybody join me in that song from Monty Python's Meaning Of Life!

2. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    Monagamy is also out the airlock. 50,000 people is not that big of a gene pool. Galacticans will have to breed with as many different partners as they can to get as many gene combinations as possible, "Be fruitful and multiply".

3. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Yeah monoghamy (sic) may start fading real fast like. Then the other shoe will drop. That being the rise of STDs and civilian created entertainment about multiple partner divorces before a 'Rag-Tag' Fleet judge. Think Judge Judy of the Twelve Colonies. If that happens I say let the Cylons win. Bumpity-bump. Bumpity-bump. -BY YOUR COMMAND-

4. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes another clue that supports the idea of a revised Iblis. Sharon tells Caprica Six (Natasi) that she is a good liar. Satan is supposed to be the 'father of lies'. Well in this case 'mother of lies' applies.

Then there is Caprica Six (Natasi)'s invisible friend. Baltar. Or rather something taking on the appearance of Baltar. That something is...Satan/Iblis/etc. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Other Issues...

Sharon's baby. Hmmm. I admit I was suckered into thinking the baby was indeed dead. She is not. BUT where did they obtain a dead baby to trick Sharon, Helo, and etc?

President Roslin was I think very smart to pull a hide the child somewhere in the 'Rag-Tag' civilian fleet. The Humans might be able in a bad situation use that as a bargainig chip. I'd imagine the Cylons might refrain from destroying the civilian fleet outright if they learn that a hybrid is at large in it. Or maybe not.

Another idea is that the hybrid baby may be the the revised Dr. Zee from the classic BG. If that be the case then she is indeed the future. The Human-Cylon conflict is akin to the theory of Neanderthal man vs. Cromagmon (SIC) man. Did one commit genocide against the other? Or did they interbreed and produce...us? Maybe both theories are correct.

Personally I think if the revised 'Ship of Lights' is brought into the new show then they are the future of both Humans and Cylons. 'Children' trying to make sure their 'parents' work out their conflicts to a point when both merge and evolve into the people ('angels') of the revised 'Ship of Lights'. Even if this be the case there's still the problem of that 'fallen angel' - Iblis/etc.

BY YOUR COMMAND

5. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    From last week's episode, with the terminated pregnency of the girl from Gemini. Both pregnancies were "a long" about the same, and Hera was a preami. At least, that's what I thought when watching it. Kinda like the Sharron switch-a-roo from last week.

Is it really the last episode next week?

I'm I the only one excited about Dr. Who?

Will there be a Jim Henson's Cylon Babies cartoon about a nursery on the galactica?

/Jammies

6. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Okay, so next week is the next to last episode. The week after that (March 10) will be the 90 minute last episode.
    SPOILERS!

(not really)

I'm sure it will have some crappy cliff hanger that will make us wait 6-8 months for a resolution, only to find the resolution raises more questions that will only be answered after the mid-season break an entire year from now. Just in time for the powers that be to cancel the show. "No!" We all say, in a vader like manner, so BSG the Movie comes out two years later. "Yay!" We all say, as the plot points are answered in the first five minutes of the film, only to have yet more questions at the film's end.

"Lee's really a woman? The cylons time traveled from our Earth, how? Starbuck and Jammies have a love child that will save the fleet by superglueing the cylons' joints together?" Will we then find out the answers to these questions? Probably in BSG The Movie 2. Except it will be cancelled. "No!" We all say again, but we spent all our money the last time around, so no one listens. BSG 2 does come out direct to DVD, but by then none of the actors wanted anything to do with it anymore. Ron Moore, then, used sock puppets instead, all voiced and performed by Ron Moore (who is now addicted to painkillers and, thanks to me, airplane glue). By then it will be 2019, and we all really won't care anymore who is the 12th cylon.
    (it was Hotdog, but his mission was to steal pencil sharpeners, and thus not very exciting to watch ADAMA: Where the hell is my pencil sharpener? STARBUCK: Here, use my pen. HOTDOG wispering: Pen? Frack!)

All of us except Doug, who by 2019 would have just finished watching the Peagusus episode.

/Jammies

7. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Geez Jammies is having a Too-Much-Coffee Man moment. Also ease down on poor old Agent Sith. I have him on a Babylon 5 marathon. He's finished the Shadow-Vorlon War sub-plot. So give the Nugget some credit. OK yeah forgot about that abortion sub-plot in BG. So that's where they got a dead baby to pull a switch-A-roo. See even I have noggin lapses. Shocking I know, but it does happen.

8. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    FRAKKIN YES I'm excited about having the 8th/9th Dr. Who direct from the ol' Motherland. DALEKS are coming! DALEKS are coming! EX-TERMINATE !!!

9. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Two questions:
    Has anyone bought the season 2.0 DVD yet and is it worth getting as far as bonus features go?

Anyone know when exactly the BSG titanium ships are coming out?

10. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Yes BG DVD SET 2.0 is worth getting. I think 2.1 is coming in June or July. In time for the first half of season three. Me thinks.

The BG based Titanium toys are coming in June. But start looking in May. I WILL OWN A TITANIUM ULTRA 6 INCH GALACTICA. Pity the fool who stands in my way!

HEH-HEH-HEH...

11. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Loved President Roslin's giggle fits. Even Admiral 'Sourpuss' Adama laughed. See the starkness of this show makes little moments like that shine. Loved President Roslin telling Baltar to "Go frak yourself." Or something like that. Baltar and Zarek working together was nicely executed. The Chief's beating of Cally was...disturbing. Is the Cheif a Cylon? I doubt it. But I could be very wrong. I've got a bad feeling about Starbuck and her lover. I bet he's 'toast' for a Toaster.

REMINDER:

The season finale on March 10, 2006 is a special 90 minute show! So if you are taping it be sure to allow for the extra minutes![face_skull]

12. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    Would everyone please hurry up and get caught up 'cause I really want to discuss that thing with Caprica 6!

13. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    CIC ANNOUNCEMENT:

Big news regarding the prequel novel coming in August. Yeah you read that right. Tor Publishing is following up their novelization of the revised BG's pilot TV-movie with a prequel.

The story involves a younger William Adama and Tigh. Also in the cast of this prequel novel is Tom Zarek (Richard Hatch). At some point after the First Cylon War a younger William Adama becomes the XO of the Galactica. Meanwhile Zarek and the crew of the cruiser Lightning have indulged in a new activity following the war. Scavenging Cylon tech. They discover something called the Omega Station. They also find that this station has Cylons in it. This is a surprise because no one has heard a peep from them since the Armistice. Zarek manages to send an SOS with one word in the call for help...CYLONS. The Galctica is sent to investigate Zarek's situation.

I wonder if the Cylons onboard the Omega Station are going to be the classic BG style warriors? It would be kind of cool to read of Zarek interacting with the old model Cylons. Great opportunity for some nice in-jokes and homages to the classic BG and classic Apollo character.

14. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    I realise they've given us Dr Who to appease us but how will we survive until October?

15. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You know that feeling you have when you walk out of seeing a Star Wars movie for the first time? I had that feeling tonight after watching BSG. I am numb. I won't say more until I let this settle.

October can't come soon enough......

16. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Battlestar Whatthefraktica

I am wondering how they will get themselves out of this one?

Let the involuntary breeding begin.

17. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    Resistance is futile! Did antone notice the reference to "Bladerunner" in the last episode. He referred to the flesh-and-blood cylons as "skinjobs".

18. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    O.K., I Just finished watching Lay Your Burdens Down Parts 1 & 2. I'll have to get back to you... I've been rendered speechless... Again.

19. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    History is a ghost story. Or rather it should be a ghost story. Like many of you reading this post I have watched the stark black and white still photography used by Ken Burns in his Civil War epic on PBS. Or the endless reruns of old newsreel from the world war eras on the History Channel. I doubt ghosts in the traditional meaning exist. Yet the still photographs and newsreel of another age do seem to suggest otherwise.

The second season finale for the revised BG is also a history based ghost story. Does not the look of befuddlement on the faces of New Caprica citizens remind us of WWII footage? You know the flash frozen terror on Polish and French faces as German troops marched the grim and orderly music of invasion and occupation? That is why for many watching 'Lay Down Your Burdens' Part 2 the neck hairs stand on end. Our collective memory of past atrocities and errors of judgement play upon the fictional characters we've come to enjoy and/or hate. The producers of the revised BG know the power of these searing historical images.

I applaud the producers of the revised BG for reminding us to take a closer look at the invaded and the invader - the occupied and the occupier. When next you see the shock and awe on the faces of fictional characters featured in 'Lay Down Your Burdens' Part 2 you'll also think of those ghosts found in both still photography and the jerky motion of newsreel.

20. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    CIC ANNOUNCEMENT:

The title of the third novel based on the new BG has been released! The novel is titled... Saggitarus Is Bleeding. The novel is written by Peter David and is to be released in October. Meanwhile remember the second novel titled The Cylons Secret is to be released in August. Saggitarus Is Bleeding most likely deals with Tom Zarek.

21. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Oh for a good laugh go to the Unofficial Battlestar Blog. Somebody has devised a new BG themed toyline. Battlestar Buddies. Yeah there is a Six, Baltar, and Roslin. HEH-HEH-HEH

22. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    IN THEORY ONLY:

OK I've been thinking about the season 2 finale...and all that has come to pass before it. I think I might have a possible solution to the season 2 cliff-hanger. No I do not have all the nooks and crannies of this theory worked out. Only the basic solution. So here is how the Humans might escape their prison camp fate.

Remember a few episodes ago when Sharon saved the day by shutting down a rather large Cylon task force about to pounce on the Humans? OK now what if the two Adamas and Helo convince Sharon to try another kind of cybernetic feat. This time the cyber-virus slaving of a Cylon task force. The bargaining factor will be the knowledge that Sharon's baby is on New Caprica in need of rescue.

The Bucket and Beast sneak around in Cylon held space. When they are fairly convinced they are ready the Adamas pull a cyber-virus sneak attack. The result is a Cylon task force will be slaved to Sharon. Thus the two Adamas will have more ships to use in the liberation of New Caprica. The operation to obtain the use of a Cylon task force works...barely. Now the Bucket, Beast, and a slaved Cylon task force head for New Caprica.

In the episode 'Downloaded' the seeds of a possible Cylon civil war were planted. The two Adamas will use the slaved Cylon task force to cause confusion among the Cylons in orbit around New Caprica. The Cylons slaved to Sharon will suddenly open fire on loyal Cylons. This mostly works and allows the Humans held captive on New Caprica to make their move toward mass exodus. By and large this operation works and once again a Battlestar leads a rag-tag fugitive fleet for a shining planet called Earth.

23. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    SPOILER ALERT ! SPOILER ALERT ! SPOILER ALERT !

First episode of season 3 is titled 'OCCUPATION'. Tidbits about the story have leaked to Galacticastation.com and here are some highlights thus far.

D'Anna Biers (Lucy Lawless) is summoned by a Human called an Oracle. This old woman knows what D'Anna is. She is a Number 3 and that she has lost faith in both the Colonial pantheon of gods and her Cylon god. The old woman is chewing on Chamella leaves.

Meanwhile Anders and the Tyrol are building bombs and wrecking Cylon transports. Thus giving the Human resistance a much needed victory.

Elsewhere Ellen Tigh is frakking with an unseen lover that most likely is not Colonel Tigh.

Speaking of Tigh he is the personal captive of Brother Cavell. The Cylon priest tells Tigh he will be held for quite some time.

Roslin continues to be a school teacher by day. At night she takes note of Human collaborators. These Humans are Cylon appointed police.

They all wait for Adama's return. AS DO WE...so say we all.

24. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001

Sharon and Helo's baby has a name. Her name is...

HERA

25. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Uhm... You're a little late on this one hon. We already saw that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.