main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, GA Be Advised: Chick-Fil-A Kickoff Game to be Annual Event

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Frank-0-Sport, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank-0-Sport

Frank-0-Sport Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2003
    Greetings ....

I'm quite certain that many of you attending DragonCon 2008 were aware of the college football game between Alabama and Clemson at the nearby Georgia Dome on Dragoncon Saturday. The game was presented by a local Atlanta sports entity and Chick-Fil-A was the chief sponsoring corporation.

It turns out that this is the first edition of what will be an annual "Kick-Off Classic". Two teams will meet in the Georgia Dome on the first weekend of the college football season each fall. If that weekend happens to be the same one that Dragoncon is held, then we can expect to have a lot of Saturdays like we had this year.

The 2009 DragonCon dates are September 4-7, so maybe the game won't be played on that particular weekend.

My football information comes from this news article on AL.COM - an Alabama-based news service site.

Oh, if you were not keeping score, Alabama won 34-10. ROLL TIDE !!!

Thanx-A-Lot, Frank-0-Sport

See you all next year!

2. Cosmic_Knight

Cosmic_Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2004
    Oh, joy. :rolleyes:

I had a most difficult time getting a hotel room for Dragon*Con this year. At times, all of the main and overflow hotels were showing no available rooms online. They had rooms for other nights - just not Saturday. Only about a week before the con did I realize that this was because of the game.

3. MotF

MotF Jedi Master star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    Thanks for the update, Frank. It was good seeing you again at DC. Try and catch us at one of the meetings!

C

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.