main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

P.Rico Beat the Geeks: Puerto Rico Edition --Join the Game!

Discussion in 'Latin America General Discussion' started by Spike_Spiegel, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rao

Rao Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Como nadie quiere "challengiarme" me voy a quitar de ser el Harry Potter Geek pero les pido a todos ustedes, los pocos que se han leído los libros: Luis, Pete, Rafa, Gery(no se si te has leído los libros pero me has preguntado antes)... que me hagan unas últimas preguntas de despedida. Luego dejaré el espacio libre para que lo llenen con el conocimiento excesivo en algún área en particular de la preferencia de el Jedi Outcast que quiera aventurarse.

2. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Ooo Casi llego tarde con mis preguntas. Anyway, I challenge the Harry Potter geek.

1. What year was Hagrid coursing when he was kicked out of Hogwarts?

2. What would you get if you added a powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?

3.On which year did Dumbledore defeated the dark wizard Grindelwald?

3. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    1. Third year, because Tom Riddle framed him, his father died on his second year and never saw him getting expelled, they broke his wand after that but he saved the pieces and has some of it attached to his trusty pink umbrella. The same that got Dudley his piggy tail.

2. A sleeping potion so strong that it is called the Draught of Living Death. This Q was used by Severus Snape to anoy Harry on his first year at Hogwarts but like Hermione I've read my books beforehand and know the answer not like Harry who was a normal boy and did not study on the summer before Hogwarts.

3. The year is 1945.

4. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    *clap, clap*
    Good job :D

5. Darth_Valle

Darth_Valle Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    GEEERRRYYYY!!!
    Dónde están mis respuestas?
    Aún no has contestado mi challenge!

6. Khal_DRhonn

Khal_DRhonn Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2002
    NO MAS!!!

Ok, aparentemente no soy el mejor Soundtrack Geek. Por lo tanto, cedo mi puesto inmediatamente! (Que rapido, verdad? :p) Tan pronto sepa en que soy bueno, pues entrare nuevamente a participar.

7. Darth_Valle

Darth_Valle Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Ok, pues no me queda de otra que contestar mi propio challenge!

1- Danny Elfman
    2- Sanscrito (lengua antigua de la India)
    3- "Victory March"

:D

8. Pablo-Fett

Pablo-Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    OK THEN ILL TAKE MUSIC GEEK IF GERRY IS OUT!! SHOOT VALLE!!!! AND THE DAY IS MINE@!!

9. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Ok then, Pablo I dub thee the Music Geek: Pablo_Fett !

10. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    I challege the Simpsons Geek

1. What do a song from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory have in common with a song from the simpsons?
    2. what was the first line up of the singing group that Homer was par of and who got substituted by whom in the second line up?
    2. Resently why does Apu's icees taste so bad?

11. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    I challenge the music geek

1. Cual es el sobrenombre de la sinfonía núm 94 de Haydn?
    2. Porque se le conoce así a dicha sinfonía?
    3. Cual es el nombre de pila de Haydn?

Todas de Haydn para que goces un ratito.
    La última facilita.

12. Pablo-Fett

Mar 18, 2002
    QUICK ANSWER... despues abundo mas

1. SURPRISE
    2. POR LOS TAMBORES...
    3. JOSEPH HAYDN

me voy que rafa ya salio de la clase haha

13. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    1. correct

2. no; la pieza está en un pianssimo por un tiempo y de repente un súbito fortissimo toda la orquesta ningunos tambores. Para asustar a las doñas que iban a los conciertos para presumir y se quedaban dormidas.

3. correct

14. Pablo-Fett

Mar 18, 2002
    CHICO... pero lo mas caracteristico de la pieza... es el impacto de la orquesta en el corte cuando va creciendo....

paran pan pan... paran pan pan... paran pan papan papapan pan pan...

lo deje en puntos suspensivos pq dije que iba a abundar mas luego pq tenia prisa cuando vi la pregunta... ;)

15. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    paran pan pan paran pan pan

esto me suena a la 5ta de beethoven?

el chisme histórico está bien pero creo que estas confundiendo la pieza corrijeme si me equivoco, quizas es que con solo paranes t pan panes no entiendo lo que me dices lo mas que se parece es la 5ta de Beethoven.

16. Pablo-Fett

Mar 18, 2002
    haha lo hice tripeando.... pero si la enfocas bien con la melodia cae dale pausa entre frases de paranpanpan hahaha

OYE Rao en otro tema... a mi la cancion que se me parece a la de SHAOLIN SOCCER es CALIFORNIA DREAMING de THE MAMAS AND THE PAPAS... haha

17. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    Si esa misma es nos dimos ****a en el carro de Pete de camino a dejarme en casa de abuela Tumba la empezo a tararear y fuimos añadindo estrofas hasta que tumba dijo California Dreaming y Pete dijo que era de the mamas and the papas. Despues nos preguntamos como tu no lo habías sabido it's good to know you haven't lost your touch.

18. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Simpsons Geek! Where out thou!

19. Jedi_Boricua

Jedi_Boricua Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2002
    Ok, sorry por mi ausencia, es que hace unos dias hice un reply y mi computadora flaqueo y se me borro y me moleste mucho! No habia vuelto a chequear el thread.

Bueno, without further adue:
    A Rao:

what is the name of the car Homer designs for his rich brother?
    I believe the name of the monstrosity was simply ?the Homer?

what would Lisa be doing listening to la PVC?
    Ya me la contestaste en persona, en verdad que no me acordaba que el saxofonista de la PVC le decían encías sangrientes.

Name three movies or specials from which you might remeber Troy McCloure (it may be misspelled)
    Tengo que admitir que esto lo busque, pq no me acordaba de ninguno! Hace tiempo que no sale. Bueno para mi sorpresa son cientos de especiales, peliculas, infomercials, etc. Aquí algunos de mis titulos favoritos:
    -?The Revenge of Abe Lincoln?
    -?The Erotic Adventures of Hercules?
    -?Radioactive Man Two: Bring on the Sequel?

What do a song from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory have in common with a song from the simpsons?
    Haven?t seen Willy Wonka in years. But perhaps you are referring to the dream homer had where everything was chocolate. The streets, the light poles, the rabbits!

what was the first line up of the singing group that Homer was par of and who got substituted by whom in the second line up?
    No recuerdo el nombre en ingles, pero se que en español se llamaban los borbotones. Su primer éxito siendo ?Baby on Board?. Primero lo compuso Homero, Chief Wiggum, Apu y Skinner. Wiggum fue luego sustituido por el tenor Barney!

2. Recently why does Apu's icees taste so bad?
    Bueno Apu tuvo que cambiar la compañia que le traía los icees pq Homero lo atrapó teniendo una aventura con la chofer del truck del distribuidor anterior. Nuestro héroe se lo dijo a Marge, y ella a Magenta (su esposa). Este nuevo distribuidor parece no ser muy bueno.

A Jedi_Khal'de
    What's the first name of Principal Skinner's mother?
    Agnes
    Who's McBain's archenemy?
    Well the first time I remember McBain appearing in a movie the bad guy was named Senator Mendoza who was a Colombian drug lord IIRC.
    Who's Homer Simpson's Brother?
    Herbert Powell, who used to own Powell Motors until Homer ruined the company with the car he designed.

20. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Kid. . ."March"????? Its MARGE you bumbling fool!

Oh, and Homer's group was named the Be Sharps in English.

21. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
    Stupid Word Processor...Stupid Stupid Word Processor...

22. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Yeah, yeah, blame the word processor!

:D :D :D

23. Pablo-Fett

Mar 18, 2002
    what would Lisa be doing listening to la PVC?
    Ya me la contestaste en persona, en verdad que no me acordaba que el saxofonista de la PVC le decían encías sangrientes.

DAMMMNNN HAHAHAHAH TU CONOCES A "CHUPA" TAMBIEN?!?! HAHAH ESA ALGUIEN MENOS SANJUANERO Y/O SIN HABER IDO AL CONSERVATORIO JAMAS LA HUBIESE SACADO AHHAAHHA DIABLO RICARDO HAHAH

24. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
    Si mano el tipo esta pasao. And I mean Ricardo, no el saxofonista.

I propose he is officially named the saddistic trivia inquisitor!

25. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    Apart of Manjula's name being mistaken for Magenta the answer was correct I'm going to accept all your answers except the one about Willy Wonka, simply because it is mistaken

The correct answer to that Q is the song The Candyman can from Willy Wonka is used to do The Garbageman can on the Simpsons. The episode were Homer gets the garbage disposal company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.