main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beauties at C3

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by JediMaster22, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OneoftheSlaveGirls

OneoftheSlaveGirls Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2005
    Ok, I am begining to think, I shouldn't be wear this costume. First of all, all I have read is all the Leia's have celluite, they need to workout, all the Leia's I saw were so fat, and on one board I was posted and it said I was a turnoff. I never thought I was all that great, but I thought I was a little cute. But now I feel like I am so ugly and maybe I really shouldn't be wearing this outfit. Am I really that bad. I don't want to wear something that makes everyone sick. It would be nice to see some positive stuff. I mean goodness, maybe I need to walk around with a bag over my head. At least that is how I am starting to feel!

http://members8.clubphoto.com/_cgi-bin/getImage.pl?imgID=47955894-a6b9&trans=

2. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    Is the link a picture? Because it doesn't work (for me).

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Nah. Don't worry. You're cute.

4. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    The link doesn't work for me either but I have this to say about the subject . . .

The last thing you should ever do is take any of that personally. Anyone who wears a slave leia outfit deserves a nod just for having the guts to try it in the first place.

What a lot of the immature punks don't seem to realize is that as they're having their fun making these comments the people on the other end are getting increasingly self conscious about themselves and no one needs their self image drug through the mud for any reason. Especially from their fellow fans, what the hell is that about?

What's more is that I'll bet if you saw a picture of the ones hurling the comments, they'd be no prince charming themselves.

Even the single most attractive Leia at the convention was picked on for cellulite after a whole ton of guys just got done saying they would crawl over their dead grandmothers just to worship the ground she walks on.

So slave girl, pay it no mind. Some people have nothing better to do than rip on people they don't know. You shouldn't be offended by them, you should pity them.

5. OneoftheSlaveGirls

May 12, 2005
    Thank you, I know I shouldn't let it bother me, but that is all I am seeing every where I look. And you are right the ones who post the mean things, don't realize what it does to the person wearing the outfit. This was only my second time to wear it and first time to Celebration and first time to wear it with some many people. And it hurts to see that no one liked you. It also makes you not want to wear it again. It took me 3 years to get the guts to wear the thing. And I do it and what do I get, all those mean comments. Yeah, makes me feel real good about myself.

Here is another picture. Hopefully it works.

http://www.elvistrooper.com/SWC3/pages/005.htm

6. RemyCat

RemyCat Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2002
    Great pic of you and the Elvis trooper! It takes a lot of courage to walk around a convention in what amounts to a bathing suit, especially in 40-odd degree weather! Kudos to you! :) Don't pay any attention to what small-minded people say, they can find fault with anything.

7. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Always remember small minded usually means small... well you get the picture.

I for one could most likely only fill the Rancor Keepers outfit. And I give a round of applause tot he three I saw at CIII, I don't have the balls to do that.

As for one of the slave leia's, you look hot in your pic with the elvis trooper. I do recall seeing you at CIII walking around and of course checked you out. What else is a straight guy suppose to do? Believe it or not I do also check the face and that is how I remember seeing you.

I know you were not posting in hopes of getting a couple of nice comments and an ego boost but more for the fact that you wanted to call out a couple of comments posted from the anonymous cloud of the internet from males who most likely havent seen a real nekkid female that has not been airbrushed and is hidden between their box springs and mattress.

From an artistic perspective, I think you body is very well toned and you have very defined facial features, I do think having your hair down my accentuate that.

Ok before you think I spent too much time on that pic I will just close by saying the ugly inside always see the ugly outside everywhere they look. I pity them!

8. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    "airbrushed and hidden between their box springs and mattress."

That is the funniest thing I read all day.

Leave it to Bruno to have those one liners ready, man.

9. electrakitty

electrakitty Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2005
    OneoftheSlaveGirls-
    You look beautiful in that costume. I'd ignore what a bunch of troglodytes sitting in front of their computers say. You pulled it off beautifully, and what a coup for your ego that you went into public wearing it. I have nothing like a model body myself, and when I taught swim lessons and spent 8-10 hours a day in a swimsuit for three months, I found it very liberating to my ego. You get to the point where you realize that what your body looks like doesn't matter, just how you feel about it. I think that comes with age. Just know that as a professional costume designer, I approve wholeheartedly of your look :)

10. OneoftheSlaveGirls

May 12, 2005
    Thank you everyone! That helps me out alot! I am suppose to be wearing it for a Fan Force Event next month and was begining to back out. But now I will wear it with my head high and all those means words out of my mind! Thank you

11. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I wouldn't feel that way at all, and the fact that you had the stones to wear that costume in the first place makes me think you really don't care what people think and have a fairly healthy self image. in my opinion you look fine. To blazes with anyone who says differntly!

12. QCPsychoJedi

Aug 10, 2002
    We should start a new thread called "I'm too sexy for this costume"

13. Bruno_Fett

Mar 31, 2002
    And then I do my little turn on the catwalk

on the catwalk

on the catwalk yeh

I shake my little tushy on the catwalk.

Man, Just imagine a world with out Right Said Fred!

14. ms_ventress

ms_ventress Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2004
    i love that song... its the sweetest.

I like dancing to Madonna's Vogue song to. haha. not in the Ventress costume though... that is just strange.

15. Bruno_Fett

Mar 31, 2002
    Not in the costume, come on I had such a nice visual of that in my head!

Two points to anyone who can name Right Said Freds second single from his album?

16. ms_ventress

Aug 10, 2004
    Deeply Dippy????

-then which costume should i dance in if not Ventress?

17. siLv_Rieekan

siLv_Rieekan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Slave leia :D

18. ms_ventress

Aug 10, 2004
    don't have that costume... though i wish i did.... i kind of want to make an Oola costume. its neat.

19. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    Here is another picture. Hopefully it works.

You look VERY nice!

i kind of want to make an Oola costume. its neat.

You just have to be extra careful that your "parts" don't fall out like Femi's did! ;) :p

20. QCPsychoJedi

Aug 10, 2002
    Yeah I still say it's funny when someone freezes that frame. I wonder if anyone said anything to her about it at C3 or if they just plain didn't have the gumption.

Oh and Ventress, I have plenty of experience with twi lek (you've seen the photos) and Leia costumes. I'd be glad to help you out when I get into town.

21. Bruno_Fett

Mar 31, 2002
    Sorry, "Dont Talk Just Kiss" but we have some great consolation prizes for ya.

Actually, I have no problem with parts falling out. I say let them fall where they may.

Ventress, Leia, Oola, hell don't matter to me as long as its you and your dancin'

22. ms_ventress

Aug 10, 2004
    QCPsychoJedi.... or should I call you Achilles_of_Edmonton! you lead a double life! NNOOOOO! No wonder you two are never in the same room together! haha.

- i think that i will be wearing something that gives me support when i am dancing... thank you very much... maybe in my future TIE fighter pilot costume... hehe. look out for the hoses!!! hehe.

23. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    Very astute.

You may notice certain similarities between the QCPscyhojedi and Achilles signatures.

The main reasoning of course is that I lived in the QC (quad cities) as part of the quad city fanforce and now I'm moving back to Edmonton, hence the Achilles_of Edmonton tag.

I'm just easing the transition so people know who they're talking to.

24. ms_ventress

Aug 10, 2004
    hehe. thats fun. i like being ms_ventress 24/7!

25. Bruno_Fett

Mar 31, 2002
    hoses, nice!

Wait if QCPscyhojedi is Achilles of Edmonton, and Chancellor Palpatine is Darth Sideous, perhaps there are more double identities out there as well?

Note how we never see Chewbacca and Watto together!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.