main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Behind the Conference Room Door -- Jaina/Jag Index v2.0 -- Winter 2010 Updates!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jaina_Jag_Index, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE EVIL CLIFFIE

THE EVIL CLIFFIE Jedi Master star 2

Jul 11, 2008
    For the Hand of Thrawn plot bunny do you have to use ALL these elements, or can we mix/match/delete elements at our lesiure? I have a rough Idea of A fic that would fit this idea, so if you could get back to me soon, it would be apprecieated

2. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Plot bunnies can be adopted and adapted as you'd see fit. Just let us know if you want it and we'll take down the bunny from the adoption list :)

Does that answer you're question?

3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Ooo! I hope you do it!

4. THE EVIL CLIFFIE

Jul 11, 2008
    Tkeira_Lea- thanks. I'll probably do this one now. It's probably going to be canon-compliant up to the beginning of LOTF.
    thanks for the info!:D
    *points to Hand of thrawn bunny* I'm taking the bunny.

5. THE EVIL CLIFFIE

Jul 11, 2008
    Quick question - i'm probably being thick, but how do we send our fics here?:confused:

6. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    You are not being thick. :D

Copy the information below, fill out and PM to Jaina_Jag_Index.
    Title:
    Link to story:
    Link to your user profile:
    Co-Authors: (If applicable) And their user profiles
    Timeframe: (post NJO, post-Ruin, etc.)
    Characters:
    Genre: (romance, action, etc.)
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes: (WIP, Complete, Vignette, etc., Awards it's won)

Please do not use any mark up codes.

Thanks!!

7. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    A bunny has a home. How lovely :D

Can't wait to see what you do with it :cool:

8. THE EVIL CLIFFIE

Jul 11, 2008
    Thanks. I'm giving this bunny a home! Only problem is, I don't Know anything about keeping bunnies... :oops:
    EDIT: I've done a quick trailer for the fic. I haven't posted the story yet, but the trailer is Here

9. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    August update on the way later tonight!:cool:

10. Jaina_Jag_Index

Jaina_Jag_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2003

[b]August 2008 J/J Index Update[/b]

[b] New Stories[/b]

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga...477/28665539/p1]The Beginning Of Camelot [/link]
    Author: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=542223]Ceillean[/link]
    Timeframe: post NJO, post-Ruin, etc.
    Characters: Jag/Jaina, Kyp, Leia, Han, OC's
    Genre: Romance
    Summary: Before their daughter's wedding, Jaina and Jag reflect on the past
    Notes: WIP

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?to...&start=28763790]You Look Good in MY Shirt[/link]
    Author: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=Flowerlady]Flowerlady[/link]
    Timeframe: Post LotF
    Characters: Jag/Jaina
    Genre: Silly, flirty mush, humor?
    Disclaimer: The universe belongs to the great GL. The song ?You Look Good in My Shirt? belongs to Keith Urban.
    Summary: I think the genre and the characters say it all?
    Author?s Note/ Dedication: I don?t often do this, but I have to dedicate this fic to several of my friends and fellow readers. First, to the three Jagateers?you?ll see where you come in, though the spellings may be different? Next, I have to recognize Ceillean, because her fic Emergence of the Kyp Clones and the way she in which she brings in the Kyp Durron fan club, inspired me to do the same here with real life Jag fans.
    Notes: One-shot, complete

Title:[link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/28878296/p1/?17]The Masters of Fate[/link]
    Co-Authors:
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=1328407]canadianjedimama[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=132209]jadesaber75[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=12536]THE_PIED_PIPER[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=1230336]Flowerlady[/link]
    Timeframe: Post Legacy of the Force
    Summary: The galaxy has been peaceful for six years and the battered Solo/Skywalker clan is finding joy and hope again in the marriage of Jaina Solo to Jagged Fel, in the inspiring young Jedi Knight, Ben Skywalker, and in the delightful adopted daughter, Amelia Solo.
    However, it is a brittle peace that could easily be shattered. The powers keeping the delicate balance are faced with many challenges that will shape history. Chief of State Daala has the Jedi right where she wants them, but the Jedi aren?t totally alone, nor do they completely trust their once bitter enemy. They belong as much to the Imperial Remnant, in these days following the civil war, as they do the GA. And as one of the larger member states, the Empire, under the leadership of Grand Moff Jagged Fel, holds tremendous sway over the Senate and the Moffs, but many question his loyalty?and his ambitions.
    While all the while, in the background stalks a force that could bring it all crashing down.
    Notes: Speculation fic, Collaborative, WIP

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/28844407/p1/?0]For The Peace You Bring[/link]
    Author: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=padawanlost]padawanlost[/link]
    Timeframe: LotF
    Characters:Jaina Solo-Fel, Jagged Fel, Solo and Fel Families, Ben Skywalker, Jysella Horn
    Genre: Drama, Action, Romance
    Keywords: Jaina, Jag, alternate universe
    Summary: Three years after the Chiss-Alliance War, the specter cast by Darth Serpentus and his apprentice still lingers upon a galaxy struggling to rebuild itself. Will Jaina realize before its too late that the Sith have returned, more dangerous than ever before?
    Notes: This is the third installment in a trilogy with Without You, I'm Nothing, and The Eternal War. WIP

[hr]

[b]Index News[/b]

On the [color=red][b]cha

11. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    Yay for the update!! =D=

[face_dancing] And I'm excited for Rare Entries!

12. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Looking forward to it :D

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot for Jag4me, aurra, and Lex!!! Huggles!!!! Rare entries o_O Sounds fun!! :)

14. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    2008 Jaina/Jag Index Fall Rare Entries Challenge

Rare Entries is a game of strategy. In each category given there will be a limited number of answers. The key is to choose the answers that match the least compared to the other contestants. Since this is the J/J Index Rare Entries we will be using the categories to promote awareness of the Index as well as testing the fans' knowledge of all thing J/J.

For each category the contestant receives a score equivalent to the number of other contestants having the same answer. So if five contestants answer Category 1 with AnswerA, then they will each score a 5. Each contestant's score for each category is multiplied to receive a final score. The goal is to have a score of 1 - in other words every answer chosen does not match any other answers given in any of the categories.

The Rules

* For each category provide one answer. The challenge will look like this:
    1. Name a number between 1 and 5.
    2. A letter from the word "Alphabet"
    3. An original trilogy Star Wars movie

The entry would look like this:
    1. 3
    2. B
    3. A New Hope

*If requested, you must provide back-up for the answer (ex: book, page number)

*Answers shall be PMed to the J/J Index with the subject title - Rare Entries.

*Questions should be posted in this thread. If there is a need to revise the challenge to clarify a question, any contestant who has already sent in an entry will be given the chance to revise his/her answer to the corresponding category.

*Entries are due to the sock by August 31st, 2008 at Midnight PST.

The Categories

1. A current manager of the Jaina/Jag Fanfiction Index
    2. A planet where Jag catches up to Jaina (specify book, page number)
    3. A book in which Jaina and Jag are members of Twin Suns Squadron together.
    4. An author indexed in the J/J Fanfiction Index whose screenname starts with the letter P
    5. Jaina and Jag kiss in ___________. (Name book, must be on-page kiss.)

We look forward to your entries! Results will be posted no later than 6PM PST on September 1st.

Ah yes, and I suppose you're wondering about the prize. J/J bragging rights is what you'll get, plus some cookies and hot chocolate :D

15. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    Upping this for visibility! ;)

16. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I hope all the J/J fans are sending in entries!:cool:

17. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Has there been a post LOTF j/j fic challenge?

I'm eager to try one.

18. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    We certainly welcome all ideas. Anything specifically post LotF?

19. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Perhaps something that in which the two of them face and potentially explosive adminstrative or political or diplomatic situation?

Jaina faces the Moffs?

Jaina and Jag take a walk and discuss the last year as the ruling couple?

What ideas jump into your mind?

20. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    I like both of those suggestions! :D

21. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    A friendly reminder to get your Rare Entries send in!

22. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    The Rare Entries have been received and being tabulated. Look back here tomorrow morning for the results.

[face_dancing]

23. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    September J/J Index Update!

New Stories

Melissa_Fel13

Leaving
    Timeframe: NJO Era
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, Gavin Darklighter
    Genre: Romance, Friendship, General
    Keywords:
    Summary: After the Battle of Kalarba, Jaina wakes up in the infirmary to find that she has been blinded and is being put on medical leave. Later she receives a special visitor and finds that she's not the only one leaving. Takes place during the NJO book, Balance Point.
    Notes: One-Shot

Come Undone
    Timeframe: Post-NJO, Pre-DNT
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, Han and Leia Solo
    Genre: Romance, Drama, Angst
    Keywords: J/J, rendezvous,
    Summary: My account of the first and last "desperate rendezvous" that Jaina and Jag share after the war.
    Notes: WIP, Short Story, Canon

Jaina_Jade_Fel

Journey
    Timeframe: Instead of NJO
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, Soontir Fel, Jacen Solo, Davin Fel
    Genre: Romance, Angst, Humor
    Keywords: I guess I'm a little late
    Summary: Jaina Solo lives with her parents on Naboo, when a new traveler comes to town, Jagged Fel. Jaina and Jag fall in love, and when Jag has to leave he asks her to wait for him. 3 months later, one month over Jag?s deadline, Jaina Solo tries to contact Jag with a surprise.

All Good Things Come To An End
    Timeframe: Post NJO, AU
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Wedge Antilles, Jagged Fel
    Genre: Romance
    Keywords: embers
    Summary: A songfic about Jaina talking to Tahiri about the end of her relationship with Jag. An unexpected meeting sends her mind into turmoil
    Notes: Vignette, Songfic

Terminal
    Timeframe: Post NJO, AU
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, Luke Skywalker, Leia Solo, Han Solo, Mara Skywalker
    Genre: Romance, Angst
    Keywords:terminal illness, stars
    Summary: Jagged returns to Jaina?s side when she is diagnosed terminally ill a couple of years after the end of the Yuuzhan Vong war
    Notes: Vignete, Deleted Scenes posted!!

NYCitygurl

Not Okay Yet
    Timeframe: post-Invincible
    Characters: Jaina, Jag, minor others
    Summary: Jaina's taking her brother's death hard
    Notes: I'm not entirely happy with this, but I needed to write it It's based on my own veiws of Jaina's future and the results of taking with other J/J fans - plus some of what I would have felt if I were Jaina. Kudos and dedication to everyone who's posted in the J/J discussion thread in Resource.

TKeira_Lea

Wingman
    Timeframe: post-LotF
    Characters: Jaina, Jag, Soontir, Syal, Han, Leia, Cem, Wyn
    Genre: drama, romance
    Keywords: Jaina, Jag, wingman
    Summary: The epilogue every J/J fan wanted at the end of Invincible.
    Notes: WIP

[b]Reviews[/b]

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/28105499/p1/?5]Hello, Goodbye[/link]
    Author: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=canadianjedimama]canadianjedimama[/link]
    Timeframe: LOTF, Missing scene between Fury and Revelation
    Summary: Kind of a missing mush scene between Fury and Revelation inspired by Jaina telling Jag she'd find him to say goodbye. No spoilers but a surprise guest star!
    Review: We don?t know exactly what happened between the novels, but I would like to think this is it! Zekk drops in on Jaina while she is packi

24. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Congrats, Connie!!

25. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    And Connie wins again! :D

Sorry we can't offer her colors but I think someone should have to write her a nice J/J vignette as a prize.

I also apologize as challenge manager for taking so long with that. DRL was just rearing its ugly head.

I was pondering the next challenge. Would there be any interest in doing a sillier challenge, like everyone putting their names in to participate then picking random titles that you have to conform to?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.