main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Besides SW what is your favorite movie with X in UPDATED July 27

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    EDIT: As of July 27, the actor is now: Hayden Christensen

Hiya folks,

Here's the way this game is played. I name an actor in SW, and people post as to what was their favorite film, besides SW, that that actor was in. After a while, I'll name another actor (suggestions cheerfully accepted) and the game starts again.

Previously on 'Besides SW'
    Natalie Portman
    Jimmy Smits
    Keira Knightly
    Warwick Davis
    Christopher Lee
    James Earl Jones
    Liam Neeson
    Ray Park
    Alex Guinness
    Harrison Ford
    Carrie Fisher
    Mark Hamill
    Samuel Jackson
    Ewan McGregor
    Frank Oz

The first actor is Natalie Portman (bet folks were expecting me to name someone else first, eh?)

My favorite Natalie movie is The Professional. I find the story extremely interesting, watching this hitman, who is a bit naive about the world, adjust when this worldly-wise young girl is suddenly thrust into his life. For years there has been rumors about a sequel, but sadly, nothing has ever come of it.

2. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    I would have to go w/ Closer. It really showed that she has the acting ability to work in some real good things. I think V for Vendetta looks promosing and Goya's Ghost sonds good too.

3. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    With Natalie Portman, you say? Hmmmmmm.
    I would have to say Garden State. Her role in there just seemed so natural, unforced. Not to mention that it is a very good movie in it's own right. Granted, it's not everybodies cup of tea, as it is on the indpendant side of films. But I very mch enjoyed it.

4. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I have to agree with both of the previous posts actually. Though I liked Garden State better as a film I was really impressed with Natalie's preformance in Closer. It annoys me that Julia Roberts was listed as the leading actress in that movie cause Natalie's role was definitly begger and more significant. But hey, that's Hollywood I suppose.

Oh, and nice to see that youre alive Zero ;)

5. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    I would have to Say The professional i enjoyed the others but there was just something about this movie that was like awesome.

6. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I have to agree with Zero, Garden State was an overall better movie IMO. Her acting didn't suck also.

7. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    i say closer.....but the movie with the walmart baby was cute!(although slightly too mushy gushy warm and sugary)

8. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Where the Heart Is. I think that's a great movie. Mushy and angsty and with a happy ending :D

Okay, next actor up for discussion.
    For this one, we'll include TV roles also.

Jimmy Smits aka Bail Organa.

9. Phisherton

Phisherton Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    hmm, i really don't know him from anything else other then NYPD blue, though i'm youngin. So i'm picking that as it was one of my top 5 tv shows, till CSI and LOST came around, of course after they killed him off, my interest kinda dropped anyway.

10. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    jummiy Smits was in something else other than Star Wars? LOL

I didn't like NYPD Blue.

11. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Jimmy was in lots of things. Here's a list to help out.

I liked him in LA Law (the show that influenced my decision NOT to go into a career in law), but my fav role for him is his current one on West Wing as Presidental candidate Santos.

The Old King Cole role was cool, too. :D

12. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Our newest offering: Keira Knightly with a convient list of her films

As far as favorite films are concerned, if I look at it by just her role, it would be Pirates. However, if it goes by overall films, it would be as Juliet, the bride in Love Actually (grin, yeah, the one with Liam, even though I don't think they were ever in a scene together.)

Hmmmm. I wonder how many SW actors were in movies together. Not like Liam and Harrison in K-19, but in the same SW flick and then together again in another movie.

13. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I really liked Bend It Like Beckham and The Hole but overall I'd also say Pirates of the Caribbean. I'm a sucker for a good action flick though.

14. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    I would have to go w/ either THe Jacket or King Arthur.

15. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    king arthur...i love that movie sooo much!

16. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    I like Love Actually!!!

17. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    Love Actually or The Hole, but for very different reasons as they are VERY different movies lol!

18. ZeroCool69

Feb 22, 2002
    It's got to be either King Aurthur or Pirates, with The Jacket a close third. I do have a fear, though, that she may start to begin getting typecasted. While granted, I have not seen the movie, but from most reviews, her film Domino was not very well recieved, which may scare some movie companies away from casting her as the staring role, choosing instead to cast her in the parts that she has done well in (i.e. films that made the most $) Which is sad, because her work has shown that she does have acting ability.

19. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Next for your consideration

Warwick Davis

He was in the BBC version of the Narnia books, interestingly enough. And of course, who could forget those Leprechaun films. :)

While its tempting to vote for Hitchikers (granted all he did was provide the body for Marvin), I'm going to go with Willow. Its such a great movie.

20. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    Definitly Willow!! It's one of my favorite movies of all time!!!!

21. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    Willow!!!!....no my sister overrules and says harry potter...I concur

22. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    I agree Hsrry Potter w/ willow a close second

23. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Next up Christopher Lee

I know, the easy thing to do would be LOTR, but really, his character in that was almost exactly like his character in SW. A powerful force user/magic user who turns from good guy to bad guy and raises a massive army.

Christopher Lee made an great vampire and did good work as Sherlock Holmes, but I'm going for the film "The Last Unicorn"

On the film site it said they are remaking it! Looks like they are doing it live action this time! How exciting :)

24. ZeroCool69

Feb 22, 2002
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
    Yeah, he's only in the movie for maybe 5 min tops, but the way he says "carmel" an "chocolate" make me laugh a little inside every time. That, I don't really think I've seen any of his other movies. That I can think of anyways.

25. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    I have to go w/ The man w/ the Golden Gun. One of my favorite Bond movies!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.