main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Between Love and Hate I: What's a girl to do! ( Link to the sequel up) 6/12!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rose_Skywalker, May 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    A survey? I like doing surveys.

1. What character out of WaGTD was your personal favorite?
    I had two, actually. Tenel Ka because...I'm a fanboy of hers, and Zekk because he was well-written.

2.What Character did you like the least?
    The Vong president, but it seemed like you wanted us to hate him, so it's all good.

3. Which characters do you think were written well? which characters were not?
    Zekk, Raynar and Jacen were written well. Ryker seemed like a bit of a Gary Stu at first, but he matured into a well-written character, so take what you will form that.

4.What scene was your favorite? why?
    Didn't have any standout scenes for me. All seemed great.

5. Which pairing was your favorite?
    a. Jaina/Zekk
    b. Jacen/Tenel Ka
    c. Raynar/Rynna
    d. Tahiri/Ryker

Jacen/Tenel Ka.

6. Which storyline was your favorite:
    a. Jaina/Zekk
    b. Ganner/Tahiri/Ryker
    C. Jacen/Raynar

Jaina/Zekk.

7.What could i have done better?
    Ah...this is the toughest question for me to answer. I can't really think of anything standout, except a few grammar things.

8.What was the biggest surprise (In your own opinion) in the story?
    Ganner showing up alive. Still, it was a good surprise.

9.Was the posting schedule good for you? (every sunday)
    Posting schedule was great.

10. If No, What schedule would have been better?
    Sundays were good.

11. Would you prefer longer posts once every 2 weeks (5-6 pages), or medium sized posts once a week (2-3 pages) or short posts twice a week (1 page)?
    Once a week's good for me.

Thanks for the awesome story, Rose. Can't wait for part two!
    12. Overall from 1-10 (10 being best) what would you rate this story (be completely honest)?

2. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Thanks ZebulaNebula,RevaDurron, RK_Striker_JK_5 for taking the time to do the survey

Now the rest of you, please please please fill out the survery. Some of what is said in the survery is going to predict the way i write the sequel, or at least what stories i have first.

*breaks out chocolate* :D

Ps. I've added one more question to the survey, for those who have already filled it out ;)

3. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    1. The wonder twins + Zekk

2.Well Blackmoon was the one you love to hate, does that count?

3. written well? Yes.
    not? ...

4.I can't answer this! why? The fic was so long! :p Seriously, I loved a lot of the early scenes, but I read them so long ago I don't even remember what my favorite was. Of course the latter sceens are very good too and very fresh in my mind, so it's not a fair competition.

5. a. Jaina/Zekk, I'm a diehard like that.

6. C. Jacen/Raynar, but its close.

7. The whole Zekk being tied up in legal proceedure after Brakis got bagged seemed a little weak to me. Maybe it's just me.

8. There were more than a few things that surprised me in this fic, and again, it's hard to recall any single one :p sorry.

9.The posting schedule was good for me.

10. More, more often would have been better. ;)

11. medium sized posts once a week (2-3 pages) would be great.

12. Using my highly scientific rateing system:
    8.63486618 +/- 0.00751153 :D

13. Simaltanously

4. C3P0_R2D2

C3P0_R2D2 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2005

OC: Ryker! (Duh!)
    CC: Jacen*looks around nervously*
    No, it has nothing to do with the fact he'd get the hottest actor if they did a movie, not at all!

Cira Blackmoon(or whatever it was)

All written well, but Ryker seemed Gary Stu-ish at first. But he's not no more.(*stares* I suck at grammar and double negatives sometimes.)

*twitches* Too many!

b. Jacen/Tenel Ka

*shrugs* I'm a diehard.

b. Ganner/Tahiri/Ryker

Uhh... nothing. It was all good.

Ganner.

Yep.

Nope.

11. Would you prefer longer posts once every 2 weeks (5-6 pages), or medium sized posts once a week (2-3 pages) or short posts twice a week (1 page)?

Once a week.

12. Overall from 1-10 (10 being best) what would you rate this story (be completely honest)?

10- One of the best stories on the site. Up with Prankside and Sailor Senshi.

13. For the sequel would you like the stories to all get posted simaltanously (like WaGTD) or would you like each story to get posted one at a time? (Ie. the Tahiri/Ryker story would be finished before the Jaina/Zekk story would get started, and that would get finished before the Jacen/Tenel Ka story would get started)

Simaltanously.

5. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    Sorry that it?s taken me so long to get around to this, Rose. But it worth it to read those last few posts :) I?ve loved this story.

Survey time!

I think some of my answers are going to be a little brief, this story has been going on for a long time. If I get a chance to go back sometime and re-read it hopefully some of the details will be a little clearer, but I?ll give you my best answers I can :)

uh?Zekk. I love Zekk. Except in Dark Journey, but let?s not go there. Anyway, he seems to be in fine form here, and you reminded me why I liked him so much.

Cira. Do I really need to say why?

Well written: all the canon/eu characters and Ryker
    Less so: some of the other oc characters got a little tricky to keep track of and I think they suffered characterisation-wise because of it.

The wedding. Although I try to deny it, I really am a sucker for a happy ending!

a. Jaina/Zekk

I?m a shipper from way back!

a. Jaina/Zekk

See above! ;)

Less characters. There were so many, and while you did a mighty good job of keeping track of them it is harder on readers who don?t know them as well. That you didn?t lose anyone along the way was impressive ? I can?t even keep track of the few that I work with that you knew what was going on with the number you use ? whoa! But at the same time I think it got a little distracting away from the main plot.

And I struggled a little with the Vong plot on top of the other plots. It just seemed there were too many people and too many plots to follow comfortably. I enjoyed all storylines, but I had trouble keeping track of which was which.

That Tahiri and Ryker haven?t had a good ending yet. I was looking forward to that. Maybe Danni and Kyp having a baby ? now that is one thing I have trouble picturing :p

Had I not been so busy then yess it would have been good for me. Once a week is pretty good because it means that I don?t have the pressure of trying to keep up with daily postings and it isn?t too long between posts.

I wouldn?t mind long posts every two weeks. I love a good post I can get my teeth into, plus it can help cement the story line a little better into the head. But I can also deal with the medium length posts once a week. However short posts twice a week I would be ok with but I?d prefer the other style.

Complete honesty? 7.5-8 It is a really great story, and believe me when I?d say it?d be next to impossible to get a 10 out of me. I just think there was one or two matters that detracted from it is all.

13. For the sequel would you like the stories to all get posted simaltanously (like WaGTD) or would you like each story to get posted one at a time? (Ie. the Tahiri/Ryker story would be finished before the Jaina/Zekk story would get started, and that would get finished before the Jacen/Tenel Ka story would get started)

I?m sort of two minds. One story at a time would make it easier to keep track of the characters, but then if they?re meant to happen simultaneously then maybe that would be best. Whatever you think works best, Rose ? it is after all your story and you have to do what you works for you.

I have loved this story Rose, and I'm glad you got a

6. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    1. What character out of WaGTD was your personal favorite? OC: Ryker, Canon: couldn't say

OC: Cira, Canon: Brakiss and that's how it should be

3. Which characters do you think were written well? which characters were not? All were well written

um.....I liked toooo many to pic. *brain explodes*

a. Jaina/Zekk
    b. Jacen/Tenel Ka
    c. Raynar/Rynna
    d. Tahiri/Ryker

a. Jaina/Zekk
    b. Ganner/Tahiri/Ryker
    C. Jacen/Raynar

Nuttin' that I can think of

8.What was the biggest surprise (In your own opinion) in the story? Ganner commin' back.

Excellent

*see above*

I can't wait two weeks for a post girl, medium sized works for me.

12. Overall from 1-10 (10 being best) what would you rate this story (be completely honest)? 9.9 Cira took the .1 away.

13. For the sequel would you like the stories to all get posted simaltanously (like WaGTD) or would you like each story to get posted one at a time? (Ie. the Tahiri/Ryker story would be finished before the Jaina/Zekk story would get started, and that would get finished before the Jacen/Tenel Ka story would get started) simaltanously

Fireyforce

7. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Ryker

Raynar

All of 'em were good

The last one between Ryker and what's her name, shows a good relationship

d. Tahiri/Ryker

b. Ganner/Tahiri/Ryker

More Ryker!!!

The ending

every saturday

every saturday!

medium once a week

Simaltaniously... more to be interested in.

8. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    1. Ryker

2.The NEw Republic Hidden girl w/ Brakiss... i forget her name... .you cant just watch while they get hurt like that!

3. Jaina, Tahiri

4.didn't Have One

5. I liked Your a & d

6. Jaina and Zekk

7.Ummmm... longer posts

8.The people you brought back

9.Perfect!

10. N/A

11. Nope...... id get deprived

12. 8.5

13. all together!!!!! dont change it!

9. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

Alright i'm compiling the Data for this now, before i tell you what i think the strengths and weakness of my story were. Any more Survey takers want to get in on the action ? :D

10. The_Jedi_Obi-Solo

The_Jedi_Obi-Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2003
    Awesome ending!!!! :D

Survey below

11. The_Jedi_Obi-Solo

Jan 6, 2003
    Hang on! Here's mine!! :D

1. Zekk

2. Brakiss because he was the bad guy. Well done though.

3. All of them were written well

4.The scene where Jaina locks Zekk from his ship's computer. I thought it was funny.

5. A

6. A

7.I ain't an author. I thought you did done good. ;)

8.Ganner's reappearnce

9. It was good

10. N/A

11. As long as they need to be

12. 8.5
    13. Simultaneously because chronological events are easier to keep in order

Awesome story overall!!! :D

12. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

All right, overall survery results (for some questions):

Ryker got the most votes with Jacen and Zekk right behind him.

Cira got the most votes. If the villains is liked the least then i'm doing a good job.

Jaina/Zekk wins this one

Ganner/Tahiri/Ryker and the Jaina/Zekk tied, which is a good thing

Average was an 8.7, and i am rather happy with that number.

as for everything else. After looking over the reviews. I'm sticking with the same posting schedule. 2-4 pages posts once a week on sundays. They seem to work best for me and for you guys. The three stories will go on simultaneously. My biggest complaint about my story is actually the characters. I felt, particularly with the twin suns sqaudron, that i had too many characters in the story. I started getting confused with them. I actually had to make a chracter list to keep all 11 of them straight. I started getting confused on who was female, who was what species. On the flip side of that, i couldn't have battle scenes with only 4 characters, and i couldn't go around calling them all twin suns 2-12. I felt i had to give them names and personalities to use them. The twin suns sqaudron will return in the sequel but with less influence on the story

Another Vote- so i'm working on the cast list for the sequel, and i need names for characters so you get to vote on which ones i use. And the options are:

A. Cyria & Cahara
    B. Nixie & Naiya
    C. Astria & Aolani

:D

13. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    C.
    Those two names seem the most "star-warsian" to me.

14. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

alright one vote, any more takers ;)

15. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    "C" for me as well. Although they're all good, "C" seems to stand out. For "A", Cyria reminds me of Cira, which may cause problems. Who are these OC's supposed to be, anyway?

16. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    I can't believe it's actually done! For those of you that don't know, I was an integral part of this story from the beginning, til I had to lose my internet connection, and still havent finished the story. But rest assured, Rose, I will, and I will most definately try to be around for the next one!

my pick is A, for the characters. And I wanna state, I havent read anything with Ryker, but I dont like him ;)

17. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    Definitely C. I like those names! :)

18. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I actually like option B myself.

19. The_Jedi_Obi-Solo

Jan 6, 2003
    C sounds pretty cool to me

20. Fireyforce

Jul 23, 2003
    gonna go with A

Fireyforce

21. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

My vote is actually for b.
    alright the current vote count is

A. Cyria & Cahara - 2
    B. Nixie & Naiya - 2
    C. Astria & Aolani -4

ZebulaNebula-Who are these OC's supposed to be, anyway?

you will have to wait and find out when the new story starts.

CptCorranHorn -I can't believe it's actually done!

AHHHHHHHH *tackles him* I've missed you! I can't believe its done either!

For those of you that don't know, I was an integral part of this story from the beginning, til I had to lose my internet connection, and still havent finished the story.

Everyone who likes this story owes a debt to Corran. He was the first beta, and partically my co-author. There are parts of this story that would not exists without him. The Most important one is Ryker. We got into a fight one night over whether people want to see Tahiri with a new love interest. And i said they would, and he said they wouldn't, so we placed a bet, and let the readers decide. And i won, and thats how Ryker was invented and ended up in this story.

But rest assured, Rose, I will, and I will most definately try to be around for the next one!

Yeah right, i don't believe you! ;)

I havent read anything with Ryker, but I dont like him

then you really won't like the sequel. :p

22. Fireyforce

Jul 23, 2003
    that sounds promising.

Fireyforce

23. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

So the New character names are Astria & Aolani

There pretty important characters in the story. You'll meet them in the first 5 posts. Astria was a name i just came up with. Aolani is a hawiian name. I have offically started writing the sequel. It doesn't have an offical title yet, sort of just ones i'm using currently. Sort of like how Return of the jedi was filmed under the title of Blue Harvest. ;)

24. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    I haven't posted in like, forever!!!!!!!
    I'm so sorry!!!!!!!!

The ending was great. I can imagine Han saying stuff like that. Oh, and Pm me for the sequel, please!

25. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
    Valin_Halcyon-I haven't posted in like, forever!!!!!!!
    I'm so sorry!!!!!!!!

It's no problem. I know people get caught up with school and real life, and lose interest in stories. I do all 3 so i can't get on anyone else for it. :)

The ending was great. I can imagine Han saying stuff like that. Oh, and Pm me for the sequel, please!

Yeah, i like endings, but i thought lets go out on a funny note. Han seemed like the perfect enough character for that. And you're on the PM list :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.