main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Black Sun Collectors Club Informational Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediAutobot, May 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texxun_raider

Texxun_raider Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    ok, i checked out the target in orland. they got nothing. so don't bother going.

2. JediGeek

JediGeek Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2003
    Texxun Raider - Sorry. They only had the ONE Vader figure/cup set. As a matter of fact, that was the ONLY figure/cup set they had at all. I didn't even know they were still carrying them.

Schph - You know I'm always up for a toy run, at any time of the day/night. Looks like it's going to be a LONG night on October 31st! [face_pumpkin] [face_coffee] [face_hypnotized]

3. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    lol....Cheryl...you ain't lyin' sister...gonna be a LOOOOOOONg night...and an expensive one...if the Mitchels has all the new books...

Texxun Raider...what time are you gonna be at the new Target?
    I may take a run down there and join you...what time does it open?

4. JediFalcon25

JediFalcon25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Yo whats up everyone, im gonna definitely be at the Target Grand opening in Tinley Park. Im gonna be meeting up with Texxun Raider and company. I'll see everyone there, if you see a black Navigator and guy with a Sox cap driving ,that'll be me.

5. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Does it open at 8:00 am?
    Well....look for a red Jeep with the plates
    Schph 1

I plan on heading down there shortly before 8:00 am...will look for a Navigator....
    and will check this thread for Texxun Raider right before I leave the house

6. Texxun_raider

Jun 6, 2005
    just woke up guys. will try to be there around 9 or so. don't wait on me, i have to get the kid and hubby up and ready still. hope to see you, but if i miss you, happy hunting. if you find something on my list, pm me. i'm home today and will meet up to pay back. laters.

7. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Jedi Falcon and I had some happy hunting...we met in the parking lot shortly before the store opened at 8:00 am

we both managed to get one each of the Plo Koon Jedi Starfighter....Jedi Falcon spotted one on the end cap..and we managed to find another for met...there were only two...one for him and me.

There were also only 3 Evolutions there...and...as luck (or maybe not) would have it...there was one of each of the Evolutions packs...I could NOT pass them up...I have wanted to get them but refused to run around to eventually get all three...how lucky that there were only 3 there but that they managed to be one of each..

Alas, there were no Vader Cups ....we did look...
    there were also no Unleashed....

All in all...a pretty good trip......
    Jedi Falcon stopped by to see my collection after Target...boy...this new Target is a nice, clean, straight shot from my house....

8. Texxun_raider

Jun 6, 2005
    i arrived around 9:30 and was unable to find anything good. there were tons of people. but they did have some of the new christmas orniments on the other end of the store in seasonal. they were pretty cool but the "friend" we went with bought one of each. even though there was only one vader head. jerk. then i went back a few hours later to do some other shopping and by the time i got out, the car parked next to me spilled chocolate milk all over the driver side of my car. so today was a total waste. but thank you jedifalcon and schph for keeping me in mind as you shopped. good to know i have "real" friends out there.

9. nalan1138

nalan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    Well i am sorry but this thread has to be shut down due to an ongoing investigation between the NSA and Lucasfilm, we are trying to stop people from planning things as crown gathering scares the government and Mr. Lucas sooooo.

Move along now, move along

(Just kidding o course but that is the most damn stupid thing I have ever read, someone need to tell that kid that impersonated a fed to stop watching CSI and COPS)

(oh and i think spilling chocolate milk on a car is a hate crime)

"Special" Agent Nalan1138

10. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    moving along...
    moving along....

and now for the REALLY bad news.....

I will have to miss the Kane County Toy Show!
    :mad:

I got a "guilt trip" laid on me for that date....and once again...it is the Jedi "sense of duty" that kicks in....
    I think it is time to go over to the Sith!

About the only thing that I am looking for is both Anakin and Zam's Speeders from AOTC...preferably loose....for hanging on the ceiling in the Star Wars room....

and...of course...all of the E-11 Blasters with the folding stock for $10.00 that you can find...[face_clown]

11. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    What! You're not coming? :_|

I will miss you Phyllis!
    And I will be looking for a blaster, but considering the topic of a future costume club, I will be getting it for myself. [face_devil]

And don't feel guilt, because we all know you don't do anything at all that helps the environment or people out :rolleyes:

On another note, according to Rebelscum, a Canadian store received plush SW oranments. Yoda, Artoo and Chewie. I love collecting plush SW stuff, so I hope they show up here!

12. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    I did kick myself in the butt for not looking for Christmas season stuff at the new Target...

and...it would seem that "mother nature" is angry....with the tsunami, the hurricaines, and now the earthquake in Pakistan...so...doing what I can for natural areas makes sense......I had around 10 Joliet Junior College students trying to keep up with my one chainsaw on Saturday....but I also wanted to be at paintball.

but....making these decisions is getting harder...I am getting kinda tired of working and feel I owe myself a little fun too....

13. JediFalcon25

Nov 24, 2004
    Yo whats everyone, it was kool going to the Target Grand opening, Phyllis met me in the parking lot we both scored a Plo Kloon ship, and she got all three evolution sets. That was pretty much all that they had,afterwards Phyllis, gave me a tour of her most impressive collection!!

14. Texxun_raider

Jun 6, 2005
    the christmas collection ornaments are not bad in price. ranging from $4.99 to $12.99. the collector tin with 3 ornaments is actually pretty nice. but i could see phyllis owning all of them. i just get a new nextel, if any one else has one let me know so i can chirp when i find goodies.

15. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Kane County Info:

This is off the postcard flyer I got, so if you didn't get one, or didn't read it...

Show Entry MIGHT Be Altered
    The North field and road an no longer Fairgrounds property, and new construction has begun. Our usual Randall Road entrance MAY BE BLOCKED. Should that occur, enter the fairgrounds this way:
    Enter by driving Weswt on Rt 38 (first road South of the Farigrounds). [Roosevelt Rd-JA] See an iron moose sculpture on the right at the Moose Lodge. The road immediately after the Moose Lodge on the right (Miller Road) is marked as our new Fairgrounds entry for exhibitors, customer parking and admission. We will park in the rear West field and enter throught the West gate. Guards will direct.

Reading through those, I think our basic direction would be, take Roosevelt west. Do not turn right onto Randall keep going straight. Turn right at Miller. This will lead you into fairgrounds.

16. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    There are a couple new figures suppoed to be out this fall as WalMart Exlusives that really caught my eye...

they are 3 3/4 figures called the "Separation of the Twins" figures...
    one is Obi-Wan with baby Luke and the other is Bail Organa with baby Leia...

Now those are two that I want to get my hands on!

17. nalan1138

nalan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    For all of you who are looking, I found the mustafar obi wan and anakin today

I dont think these are going to be as hard to find as the previous exclusives (these are not numbered like previous figures)

The 2 targets I hit had Plo kloon starfighters too (One of em had a pile of the mustafar figs too, until I took about half their stock for my fellow black sun members)

And for anyone wondering about that Target Shadow Warrior exclusive, check Targets on the 16th, thats when they are allegedly putting them on the shelf

18. Vicfett

Vicfett Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2002
    The Target on Touhy near the leaning tower has the Mustafar Vader and Obi Wan, they also had the new figures, I got my Bly and Gree figures, I only saw two Plo Koon starfighter and a few cup sets. It seems like they just restocked their section because all the pegs were stocked with figures. The new figures were on an endcap so hit that section first. Good luck to all.

19. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Scott....sent you a pm...
    [face_dancing]

20. JediGeek

Nov 7, 2003
    So, who all is going to the Toy Show this Sunday and what time are you showing up? I know the gates open at 8AM. I THINK I'm going to be there around 7:15-7:30. Gonna need that 7-Eleven hot chocolate!!! [face_coffee] Brrrrrr!!

21. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    I unfortunately think I'll have to pass on the Toy Fair this time out. I have been having a financially tight time lately and I'm almost through the thick of it and since I'd rather have spending/traveling money for Fort Wayne next week with Schph and JediGeek I'll skip this one. But I will be at Bowling afterwards. So see you guys there!

22. Lt_Dak-Ferris

Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    I'll be there. I'm hoping to tailgate with JediGeek at 7:15am. We'll see if that works out.

23. JediGeek

Nov 7, 2003
    Excellent!! Someone to keep me company while I'm freezing!! =D=

Okay everyone...Don't forget to update your WANT LIST!!
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=19872653&start=20129718

24. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    soooooooooo......how did it go?
    what did I miss...
    maybe I don't want to know....
    who bought what?
    any goodies?

25. JediFalcon25

Nov 24, 2004
    Yo whats up everyone, i was at the show at 6:00am, b4 the crowd came in,it was cold and rainy.I bought a boxed a-wing,a boxed tie-bomber,50 thundercats,dozens of clone troopers,an airsoft semi-automatic m-83 gun,theres was tons of Star wars stuff, some of it was expensive.The food is always good there,i was eating chili and drinking hot chocolate all day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.