main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blair really is

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Wormie2, Apr 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    our bitch, isn't he?

No no no no no NO! I can't even believe we're being stoopid enough to consider this. Invade Iraq with everyone in the middle east freaking out over Israel and we're starting something that's too big!

Damnit!

You people have to stand up to us. Blair has to tell Bush no. Just once!

2. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Yes he is, but he's the best we have :)

3. Dark_Queen

Dark_Queen Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 23, 2002
    All politicans are spineless m'dear... I don't hold much regard for them at all, cheating, lying, hypocrites the lot of them! Do you really think they care one iota about the strife in the Middle East? NO it's the oil contained therin that worries them and as far as they are concerned the whole lot of us can go to hell in a handbasket as long as their precious oil is safe and if that means annihilating whole civilisations of innocents then so be it! I know that's an overgeneralisation but ask yourselves this... why do they not send in crack assassination teams to take out the main culprits and their officers? because the politicians are tutting and pulling their faces we are also arming these people!

4. Kiame_Jinn

Kiame_Jinn Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2001
    Do you really think that Bush would listen to anything Tone says? I don't. I think he's determined to finish what his father started - protecting western oil interests (oh and get Saddam, of course).

5. Embra

Embra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2001
    Don't forget, Bush is particularly keen to guide media attention (and, therefor, our own) away from the whole Israel snafu. The far-from-resolved Afghanistan situation (which became as complex as everyone warned it would) no longer holds the media's attention, so it's time to start a new war. What better way than to re-open a conflict that we 'won' last time.

While the media are frothing over a war in Iraq, Israel's incumbant government and the idiotic Palastinian extremists can get on with what they're doing quite happily at the moment - killing civilians and, very occasionally, each other - without all that messy moral stuff stirred up by unwanted media intrusion.

Bush will be happy, as it saves him having to risk losing votes by telling off the Israeli government. Oh, and he gets to follow more directly in dear old dad's footsteps. Perhaps the fact that there are fewer caves in Iraq will make his military bods happy.

You gotta feel sorry for the soldiers...

>...here ends todays burst of cynicism...<

6. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    I believe you are referring to 'collateral damage'

Lets not upset people here by stating things as they really are

(sorry - my view may be a little skewed when it comes to sending our loved ones off to fight other people pointless wars)

7. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Well, you'll have to put up with Brown next term.

8. Embra

Embra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2001
    With you on that one, Kali.

As for dear old Gordon, I can't complain. He's the first Chancellor in about 30 years to consistently get it right, steering the country as well as could be expected through a rather nasty world recession/down-turn/thingy. Brown can stay, the rest can go.

Hmmmmm...

This is all way to serious...

Did anyone else see Temura in Hangman's Daughter on Sci-Fi last night (I'm assuming it was him - I missed the end titles)? He was pretty damn good in the ol' gunslinger role. Way better film than the second in the series.

9. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Roll on Mr. Kennedy I say.

10. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    I MISSED DUSK TILL DAWN 3?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :(

11. Dark_Queen

Mar 23, 2002
    NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Dusk till Dawn 3 SUCKS! The best one is the 1st one and ONLY that one... I love Dusk till Dawn I must have seen it about 30 times... I saw it 4 times in the cinema!

Has anyone seen Desperado? now that's an ACE film (and not just because Antonio Banderas is in it) they are suposed to be remaking El Mariachi with Antonio in it so I've been told as well...

12. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    Close. The Sequel, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, is out this year. Banderas, Hayek, Depp, Dafoe..... Mmmm, goodness :)

13. Dark_Queen

Mar 23, 2002
    Ahhhhh... thankyou! I thought it sounded a little odd remaking a film with just different people in it! MMmmm goodness indeed :D Do you know if it's going to be directed by Robert Rodriquez (SP?) again perchance?

14. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    Yep :)

As a side note, Danny Trejo and Cheech Marin return, playing diffrent characters. Rodriguez is doing similar to what Sergio Léone used to do, casting people who died in the sequel, as someone else.

15. Dark_Queen

Mar 23, 2002
    Well being as MOST people died in Desperado it's a good idea lol... poor old Campa and Kenu! The first time I saw that film I only caught the end of it where they have all met up and the last fight sequence was well underway and I had NO idea what was going on... men shooting people with rocket launchers in guitar cases LMAO :D

I noticed though 'Love Machines' cod piece (from Dusk till Dawn) makes an appearance in Desperado also when Salma is going through his weapons in the guitar case!

16. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    Yeah. I saw Desperado the week before Dusk till Dawn, so it was even funnier :)

17. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    ...............And this is wyh I say WW3 will start.

18. Dark_Queen

Mar 23, 2002
    Because of Desperado??? ;)

19. DarthArsenal6

Oct 16, 2001
    Because of Desparado BUSH

20. Echo_Base

Echo_Base Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2001
    thats cos he has to hold the hand of your Fool of a President. The Thief in Chief who stole the election of the "greatest democracy in the world", despite no-one noticing that the other bloke got more votes.
    Bush is an utter, utter cretin of the highest order, and the World is lucky he has people like Blair and Colin Powell helping him out.

21. DarthArsenal6

Oct 16, 2001
    greatest democracy in the world

yeah right- thats why they never had a Black
    president or even a Red Indian president since it's their land who kindly shared with Europeans( no offence to Americans or Europeans)

Beside Bush was put there for a reason.

22. Tanktopgirl

Tanktopgirl Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2001
    our bitch, isn't he?

Ok - so Blair's a skanky ho - but there's a more burning question still - Bush or chimp? Lookit that face and ponder.

23. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 13, 2000
    Actually, Blair felt that way before Bush was President and when Clinton wasn't that bothered. And I for one actually agree with him for once......

Of course the reason Saddam Hussein is still in power is the American negotiators at the surrender cocked up......but that's a whole different story.

24. Arun Dale

Arun Dale Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 21, 1999
    I like to see how Bush handles something as complicated as the west bank crisis..

Do you reckon his 'war on terrorism' isn't as simple as it sounds...

25. ObiJohnKenobi

ObiJohnKenobi Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    [image=http://members.aol.com/richidscal/images/pic81.jpg]

[image=http://members.aol.com/richidscal/images/pic60.jpg]

[image=http://members.aol.com/richidscal/images/pic63.jpg]

[image=http://members.aol.com/richidscal/images/pic47.jpg]

[image=http://members.aol.com/richidscal/images/pic48.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.