main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL "Blatnet" Drive for Post 30k

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Le_Penguin, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Albatross!

Oh, and I'm also more impressed by SpaceShipOne than by Mount St. Helens. The volcano is just doing what volcanoes do, however awe-inspiring their raw power can be... but SS1 was a triumph, man!

2. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Darth did you look at the numbers so far on the Best poll ever?
    got to love it!
    How Many Versions of Star Wars Do You Possess?
    · Zero (17936)
    · 1 (6717)
    · 2 (3973)
    · 3 (2631)
    · 4 (730)
    · 5 (494)
    · 6 (243)
    · All of them (1470)

3. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Suggested names for the new Star Wars TV show:

CSI: Coruscant

Law & Order: Imperial Sedition Unit

Extreme Makeover: Tusken Edition

The Darth Vader Factor

Survivor: Tattooine

Survivor II: Dagobah

Who Wants To Marry a Sith Lord?

The Apprentice

Imperial Eye for the Jedi

Trading Space Stations

The JC

Ani the Jedi Slayer

Mind-tricked

4. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    lol....
    those are toooooooooo funny...
    you have a future in television

5. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Yeah a future just like this guy.

http://www.ircuser.org/files1/Knives.mpeg

LOL

6. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    thanks, lucasfilm!

7. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    come to think of it...
    I am not sure TV has a future...

8. RexGetz

RexGetz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2003
    Hey Matt, thanx for the idea. Here is my list of shows...

New Comedy:
    "Anakin in the Middle"
    "According to Yoda"
    "Everybody Loves Palpatine"
    "Sith TV"

Talk Show:
    "The Obi-Wan Show"
    "Late Night With Mace Windu"

Soap Opera:
    "All My Jedis"

New Reality Show:
    "Sith Makeover"
    [/i]"Average Jedi[/i]"

New Cartoon:
    "Adventures of Anakin Skywalker: Boy Genius"
    "Codename: Sith Next Door"
    "Jedi Showdown"

9. flippingyodacola

flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    Code Name Sith next Door is priceless... :-D

10. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
  11. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Why does Spongebob need pants?

He's a sponge!

and if he needs pants...why do they have to be square?

do the other sponges have pants?

12. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    From doug Benson,the greatest movie critic of the century:

Thursday, October 07, 2004
    I LOVE STAR WARS!

George Lucas recently gave an interview to ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY to promote the release of the ?directors cut? versions of the first three STAR WARS movies that just came out on DVD. What follows are actual real (true!) quotes from George, along with what I would say if he said that sh!t to me?

DOUG BENSON: Why the **** did you have to go and add a bunch of useless crap to the original trilogy?

GEORGE LUCAS: When STAR WARS came out, I said it didn?t turn out the way I wanted?it?s 25 percent of what I wanted it to be.

DOUG BENSON: 75 percent of the movie wasn?t there? Funny, it seemed pretty complete to me.

GL: So the choice came down to, do I please myself and [finally] make the movie I wanted, or do I allow the audience to see the half-finished version that they fell in love with?

DB: Half-finished? That?s only 50 percent.

GL: If you really look at it, there?s hardly any changes at all.

DB: First you say 75 percent, then 50 percent, then hardly any changes?are you retarded?

GL: The thing that really caused the trouble on STAR WARS is the whole question of whether Han Solo or Greedo shoots first.

DB: Yeah, Han Solo understandably shoots Greedo because Greedo is holding him at gunpoint.

GL: He didn?t shoot first.

DB: But he did. I saw it. At least 50 times.

GL: In my mind [Greedo] shot first or at the same time.

DB: Sounds like you really don?t know what your mind thinks.

GL: We like to think of [Han Solo] as a murderer because that?s hip...

DB: Yeah, murderers are awesome!!

GL: I mean, I don?t see how you can redeem somebody who kills people in cold blood.

DB: Greedo, the green ant-eater faced monster, is a person now? You?re so crazy, I wanna have your baby.

GL: Every other change is, you know, I wanted to have a good matte painting in here.

DB: So you?re saying STAR WARS is 75 percent matte paintings? I thought it was mostly characters and plot and sh!t. But then again, I?m not a filmmaking genius, I?m just an a**hole comedian.

GL: Half of directing is great casting.

DB: You should really stop throwing around percentages.

GL: It really is. If you cast it right, you don?t have to do much work.

DB: That kid you hired to play young Anakin in PHANTOM MENACE was terrific.

GL: I said, well [PHANTOM MENACE] is not going to work because I?m making it about a ten-year-old boy, and nobody is going to want to see this.

DB: I certainly wish I didn?t.

GL: And then [ATTACK OF THE CLONES] is a love story.

DB: No wonder I didn?t like it. Love is stupid.

GL: It?s not a hip, happening romantic comedy with the Olsen twins.

DB: Um, I know you?ve been busy making horrible movies, but there?s no such thing as a hip, happening romantic comedy with the Olsen twins.

GL: So at least Darth Vader is in [EPISODE III]. Only for two minutes, but he?s in it. If you take them all together it?s a fascinating saga.

DB: Oh, I get it, if I see EPISODE III next May it will magically make EPISODES I and II not suck. I?m gonna go get in line right now!

----------

-Le Penguin
    see http://www.bobanddavid.com/doug.asp for more reviews

13. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    The True Legacy of Lucasfilm:
    -----

Director Raimi To Film New Scenes for 'Spider-Man 2.5'

Not only does Sony plan to release the Spider-Man 2 DVD in November, but it also plans to release Spider-Man 2.5, with additional action and effects scenes next year, director Sam Raimi has told the website IGN.com. It is really not a matter of his wanting to release a director's extended cut of the film, Raimi indicated. "Sony said to me, 'We want to release a 2.5,' because they want to make more money. It's not really that I had some scenes to put in. The movie really was the best I could make it. It's not like I think I could make it better." Asked why the studio is waiting until next year to release the extended version, Raimi responded: "It's just a financial decision by the studio. They know that people who liked the second movie would want to own it as it is on DVD, and then it's just a gamble. 'Oh, if we spend another four million dollars, can we make another ten million dollars?' I think that's how it works."
    -----

At least Rami (and through him, Sony) is being up-front about the motivation for the new version.

-Le Penguin
    "You won't be needing _this_!"

14. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    i hear in the new version, uncle ben shoots first.

15. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    No, Uncle Ben doesn't shoot first in the new version. It's going to be the fully restored scene that ended up on the cutting-room floor that shows uncle Ben trying to get out of paying a male prostitute the $75.00 he owes.

16. RexGetz

RexGetz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2003
    Now that's great, give GL more ideas. That's really funny.

17. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    and with that cut scene featuring uncle ben trying to pay off the male prostitute, we'll also finally get that classic spidey quote on film:

"with great sex comes great responsibility...to pay great male prostitutes."

18. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    So it's come to this.....
    -----

Fox Fined $1.18 Million for 2003 Reality Episode

An episode of the Fox reality series "Married by America" that aired in April of last year has drawn the wrath of the FCC, which is seeking to fine each of the Fox owned and affiliated stations $7,000 for airing it -- a total of $1.18 million. The commission unanimously voted to fine the stations after receiving 159 complaints. Although nude shots of the participants were intentionally blurred ("pixelated") for the broadcast, the FCC complaint said that "even a child would have known that the strippers were topless and that sexual activity was being shown. The material is gratuitous, vulgar and clearly intended to pander to and titillate." Fox indicated that it would appeal the action, calling the program "not indecent." Today's (Wednesday) Washington Post quoted an unnamed TV executive who works in reality TV as saying, "The FCC is wasting time, and they should recognize that as adults we can be responsible for our children. They should monitor things we don't have control over. ... It's a Fox show, and people should know what they're getting themselves into."
    -----

WTF???

0.0000006% of the population was offended by something on FOX? Isn't that a personal best for that network? Hell, way more than 159 people were offended when Bart Simpson said "Hell" back in '89... where were the massive fines then? (good thing Bart's not a NASCAR driver.) I can't wait til Family Guy starts airing again.

Still, 159 people????? Since when do the ultra-prudes dictate standards of decency in America?

This country makes me sick. I wonder if I still have the URL for those Candian job listings...

-Le Penguin
    "No! I tell you no! I won't have you bringing some young girl in for supper! By candlelight, I suppose, in the cheap, erotic fashion of young men with cheap, erotic minds!"

19. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    looks like stern's making a pretty brilliant move heading over to sirius satellite.

my feelings on the FCC cannot be expressed without using many, many profanities. OMG i HATE them.

20. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Awesome! No network is working harder than Fox to get the current Executive Branch re-elected for another 4 years than Fox...including FCC Chairman Michael Powell who thank Jesus is protecting us from pixilated snoobs and wirty-durds. I mean let's face it, if it weren't for the filth we see on TV today, Uncle Ben would be alive right now.

21. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    Those complaint letters about "married by america"?

hell, uncle ben wrote most of 'em.

god bless uncle ben!

22. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    180 posts to go....

23. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    I just won tickets at work for a 2005 Kane County Cougars game.
    Way cool.

24. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    I don't want to sound like I am in disagreement with y'all about the FCC. I'm not. If ever there was a group of jack-booted thugs, it's them. And the FAA. And the MPAA, RIAA....pretty much anyone with a double-letter acronym.

However, there is an industry formula for complaints that says something like "for every 1 person who complains there are 1,000 people who feel the same but don't bother to call". I am too lazy to look up the actual number right now, but it's something like that.

Still, 159,000 people is a pretty small number for a network program. I think the REAL problem here is the fact that we live in such a litigious society. If we would stop sueing each other left and right, things could get back to normal. 50 years ago we weren't lawsuit happy, and things were fine. Of course back then a woman's place was in the kitchen, brown people couldn't vote and we beat children with anything that was handy. So maybe it's a wash.

The FCC places stiff fines because if they don't appear to be doing anything about it, someone will sue them because Janet's saggy breast scarred her poor son Jimmy for life. Hospitals are so expensive as they have to carry outrageous amounts of malpractice insurance, because Heaven help them if they are like the rest of us and make a mistake. Even grocery stores are forced to carry insane amounts of coverage as protection from lawsuit-happy people that might fall down in their store.

I tell ya, that cabin in the woods is looking better all the time. I wonder how I would look with a full beard?

25. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    The publishers of Bush's hometown newspaper make their political endorsement:

http://www.iconoclast-texas.com/columns/editorial/editorial39.htm

"iconoclast" indeed...

-Le Penguin
    "Can't we have one meeting that doesn't end with us digging up a corpse?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.