main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***BLENDER*** Help, forum links, tutorials, etc.

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by DVeditor, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joek1010

joek1010 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2004
    no prob

2. me_luky

me_luky Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Hey, I've used blender befor and I've been looking for a way to convert a .Blender file to .nif, I've hurd that the only way to do that is to buy 3dsmax and import then export it but I have no way on buying 3dsmax. so, Is there any like a free stand alone programs or plugins for blender that any of you know of?

Nat[face_peace]

3. me_luky

me_luky Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Oh, Never mind, I found what I was looking for. If anyone needs this type of plug in you can find it at http://niftools.sourceforge.net/ It's a plugin for blender and Maya 6.5 (you'll need python 2.4 and blender 2.4 for it to work)

Nat [face_peace]

4. BojacRedleif

BojacRedleif Jedi Master star 3

Jun 1, 2004
    Yeah I got a question, What's the file type for Blender?

I checked (poorly) but I didn't see it on here so tell me quickly and we won't have any problems.

5. RyiokuXL

RyiokuXL Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Hey guys... Need help once again, How would I go about creating a sand storm in blender? I imagine it would be some sort of particle effect... but I have no idea how I would make it look realistic at all.

6. joek1010

Feb 16, 2004
    Blender uses (as far as I can tell) .blend as its main scene and mesh filetype. However, blender also has native support for DXF, Inventor and VRML files.

7. Mooky

Mooky Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2006
    Blender can import some other 3d file type like .3DS, .OBJ(wave front), .Lwo
    and so on..
    the last complete listing.
    Import:
    [image=http://mooky.3d.free.fr/dynamique/modules/uploader/files/import-blender.jpg]
    Export:
    [image=http://mooky.3d.free.fr/dynamique/modules/uploader/files/export-blender.jpg]

8. joek1010

Feb 16, 2004
    Yeah, but those are all python scripts. The ones I listed have native blender support. Honestly, the python scripts are a little hit or miss, and the quality of the conversion really depends on the complexity of the file and the specific python file. I would try to stick with what blender can open natively.

9. Lightsaber_Monster

Lightsaber_Monster Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Hi guys!, Ive been looking into particles in blender and I need a tutorial on creating falling snow/rain like in this picture:

[image=http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3883/cap0568ow.png]

10. Mooky

Mooky Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2006
    To make this effect you can use the particule system and use the wind affect to an Empty objet to make a realistic mouvment of particles or Curve Guide to similar result.

To render the Ray mouvment of the Rain or Snow particules, use the Motion Blur "MBlur un the render Panel
    render un a séparate Scene the snow, and in the Video sequense Editor make the Final render in add Firt Scene (your City) to the Snow Effect
    .Blend exemple

If you need more, i can try to make a tutorial to Particule, Mblur, And Sequence Editor practice

11. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    Anyone know of any blender sites not related to SciFi stuff? Like animals?

12. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    Hey, I have a question for you Blender people. I'm thinking about using Blender for rendering some parts of my movie, basically just because it might go faster if I render in Blender rather than rendering in 3ds Max. But, I would like to setup the files in Max. So basically the files contain a bunch of background models that are non-animated and then it includes a box that will take the place of geometry that will have already been rendered for the background. What I want to know is if I can convert the .3ds file and have the mesh AND the camera animation imported into Blender. If the camera animation can't be imported then I really can't use Blender because the footage won't match up with the other renderings of the background and the foreground elements from 3ds Max.

I had tried using the regular .3ds importer that is already in Blender, but the camera wasn't included in the conversion, consequently, I don't think it was exported with the from .3ds. 3ds does support exporting the camera doesn't it?

13. jedi20111

jedi20111 Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2006
    Hi everyne. I'm askinghow to get a video of my own into blender. Also I want to know how should I export my animation so I can play it as a video in quicktime?

14. jedi20111

jedi20111 Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2006
    Ignore my last reply. I have another question people so please help me. How do I make lasers in blender?

15. jedi20111

jedi20111 Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2006
    Also how do you make explosions?

16. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    looking for a fox model...help me out if you can...

17. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    I know you can install 2 diifent versions of blender on a computer if you have a Mac. Can you do it for a PC as well?

18. Mooky

Mooky Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2006
    Yes you can install all version you want in PC. prefer to use Zip download to installer For (Windows system)on unix like it's always an archive of binarie.

19. outrider462004

Oct 31, 2004
    Boy does thing need a bump. I got a problem. I've created this small film projector I created in Blender. There is a pass around it to revile whats on the screen. While I can get the reels to move, I don't know how to make the film itself follow the reel and thread into the projector. Any idea's?

20. hihi88

hihi88 Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2006
    hi guys im new to this forum and somehow (no clue how) i was looking through youtube, followed a few links did some stuff in icarus and now im here. well i wanted to just have some random model on my dining room table and on the last step i was in blender 2.34. when i opened up the .txt file i hit alt + p and it said python script error, check console" what should i do?

21. hihi88

hihi88 Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2006
    can ne1 give me a link to blender 2.34 for windows?

22. outrider462004

Oct 31, 2004
    Ok, forget my last request that was over the top. But I have something else to do. I'm creating a space enviornment. I'll have a planet, maybe a moon or two, and the sun. I have no clue how to make a sun in Blender. Help?

23. CA_Wingardh

CA_Wingardh Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2006
    Here is a guy who work in blender a lot! and have some tutorails too!
    www.peerlessproductions.com

24. outrider462004

Oct 31, 2004
  25. BruceM

BruceM Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2006
    Hello. I have officially started animating in blender yesterday. I am wondering, is it possible for a point in the 3d space for blasters to come out of. I am making a space battle as a test(so far I have about 10 seconds slightly animated, just a camera chase of two jedi starfighters and two venetors, I am going to add other ships later. Is it possible for me to say, at for example, at point 1,2,3, create a laser blast at frame 12 or so. Can I do that, like make controlled laser blasts from turrets, or do I have to animate them blast by blast. Also, is their a script or so to make a model break when it hits a model, and explode. Instead of just adding the explosion, blender figures out how to. Also, is it possible for engine glow? I am using the current version of blender.

Bruce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.