main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Book Club Note: Star Wars Novel Allegiance By Timothy Zahn

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Ulkesh2, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Hey fellow fans we approach zero hour on Zahn's new SW hardcover novel. This novel takes place between Episode 4 and 5. So it is a classic trilogy novel. Be on the look out for it from now till the end of January! Highlights are angst driven stormtroopers (shades of our very own Cole in that plot element), Vader in his prime, and young Mara being the Emperor's Hand. Wonder if Zahn will capture that retro feel? This novel should have some strong irony in it.
    :-B

2. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    I am eagerly awaiting this book. I wonder if Zahn will stick Thrawn in anywhere just because he can.

Edit: I just got mine ordered online and places have it listed as "in stock". I guess the 1/30/07 release date is not right. Go get it now!!!

3. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    Not only did I get this book... but I read it. Thats right, no audio book cheating here.

For those of you who have read it, who is your favortie Stormtrooper in the book? They all have very different personalities, and I seemed to agree with Quiller the most.

4. yoda_pimp

Jun 18, 2002
    Fistofury got to it first. I have to wait untill she's done reading it before I can start it. I am taking this opportunity to finish the last 2 books of the X-Wing series finally.

5. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    My question is, are there any clones of the original template?

Or rather, Jango'ade? :p

6. yoda_pimp

Jun 18, 2002
    Interesting note concerning the clones and the OT. I am playing Battle Front II finally and in a scene, the 501 commander is talking about how a sample of the source DNA was saved from Kamino and also that other sources for DNA was sought out and used to fill out the stormtrooper ranks. I would assume that since this is Lucasarts that did this that it must be fairly cannon. Since a sample of the Jango's DNA was rescued from Kamino that they cloned some more Jangos. I think however that the new Jango clones were used by Vader personally in the 501st.

7. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    Not to spoil anything for anyone...

The troops in this book are actually recruits, joining up on their own will from various places around the galaxy. However, that is only this group. The unit from which they come from is not very that elite. The videogame states that the 501st is all Jangos. I believe that somewhere in the EU, some officers were used as clone templates and that it was considered quite an honor.

Uncle George was asked about the clones once:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.