main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Broken Promises

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Lightsaber11, Mar 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lightsaber11

Lightsaber11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2001

I'm good at those.
    Sucks to be me.

What I want to say is i'm sorry i missed the last meeting, but i have many reasons.

I can list those.

i have no car
    i live in sidney
    i had $0.00
    i had nothing prepared
    i didn't get off till 7

excuses excuses I know.
    but meetings are a little difficult for me. I am the day-by-day kind of person that loafs about. I tried to get my roomie to lend me his car but he would have none of it. SO i guess I'm not going to say I'll be at the next meeting because i'm not sure if I'll be able to get there.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for info and if I can make it I'll be there. And when i show it will be with lots of stuff for everyone to look at. if you're interested.

i'll see you around someday.

but for the moment, i must go.

ciao.

2. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    ::shakes her head and whistles softly:: Wow.... Look, if we said that we were disappointed you couldn't make it either to the first meet or the second, then that would only be stating the obvious....though of course that's never stopped *me*, you know that. ;) And if we said it was frustrating, confusing, and generally very disheartening....then that, too, would be only all too apparent. Obviously it's not meant as a guilt trip here, just....pointing out a sad fact, is all.

Now, of *course* we want you to make it to the next meet....another thing that goes without saying by now? I think so, yeah. :) If you're sick, deathly ill, that is of course understood....*has* to be, now, doesn't it? But as far as the issue of money is concerned, as an example....it doesn't have to be an issue....we *are* just meeting for the sake of being social, after all - we can do it just about anywhere. :) And not having anything prepared....well, really, what's that about? It shouldn't be any great concern! Just come as you are....with all the thoughts in your head....and that's plenty. That's all *any* of us have at the core, anyway. :)

So, in conclusion.... Disappointed, yes. Stymied, yes. But vastly hoping for an improvement and some more encouraging news/developments soon enough, i.e. with our next meet? Oh *hell* yeah....you betcha! There *has* to be a way....that's only fair, after all. :)

Dawn.

3. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    You know... with Rani's huge-o vanno, there' ain't no reason we can't come out to Sidney for a meeting, eh?

It's an idea... I've been broke and stuck in a rual area before, so... I can sympathise fully. I'll talk to Rani and see what she says... :)

There's hope, Nolan, always. :)

*Derisa*

4. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    ::snaps her fingers emphatically and with vigor:: Now *that* is a plan! That idea, I like....see, we do have a solution after all! Like Derisa said, there is always hope. :) Personally, I don't think I've ever been up around Sidney-ways....whether or not that implies I've led a stunted existence, I do not know. ;) Still, it'd be a nice change of scenery, I think....and if it lends itself to a meet that much better, then great! Let's do it! :)

Dawn.

5. Lightsaber11

Lightsaber11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2001
    well I'll be.
    If you're willing to make it out here, I'm sure I could find us a nice place to sit down. There is a lovely cafe in Brentwood by the water that is sooooooooo nice. you all would enjoy it.

I'm up for suggestions.....

I'm thankful you all understand my situation. I feel a tonne better. all i really am is shanghai'd in a rural area... not to mention I don't have a loonie to my name for bus fare. I'm dead broke. i barely cut rent and groceries... now i'm just sobbing, i'll go.

[face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain]

Smiles everyone, smiles....

:) :) :) :)

BIG smiles!

:D :D :D :D

yay!, that's the spirit

:p

6. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Aha! Okay then....we're on the road here, we've got the wheels back on the trolley....so to speak. No, wait, that isn't right. Oh well. ;) At any rate - I think the primary thing for us to determine, in this case, is which day is best for most people....in particular for Rani, I guess, being as she's our transport out there. ;) At present for me, at least, I can say that pretty much any day, any evening is a good, solid go....up for anything here! Basically, whatever's decided, I'll go along with it. I'm ever so agreeable that way, as you may have noticed. :) Whee!

Dawn.

7. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I think we've figured on this Friday, the fifth of April. We're waiting to hear back from master Dao-Rin as to whether that works for him, and whether he'll need a ride, and Nolan has to give us the name and location of that groovin' coffee shop he suggested, and then we'll jump and ask YJN to post the pertinent data to the fanforce.net site. :)

I hope I can persuade the ex to take the ferry so I don't have to, and so my ten-year-old Padawan Kelson can come to the meeting too.
    :)

*Derisa*

8. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    I asked in another thread this question but nobody replyed...

"How many showed at the 2nd meeting?

9. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Two people attended the second meeting in person, (myself and Qui-Dawn), plus we had a written "report" which I read aloud from Derisa, who was forced to miss the meeting due to illness.

Derisa gave us an update on the progress she's made with contacting the theatre, and Qui-Dawn and I discussed possible names for our FanForce chapter, people we each knew who might be interested in joining, pros and cons of line-up locations, and future social and charity event ideas.

I'm estimating a minimum attendance of four people this Friday, and possibly as many as eight or more.

Regards,

- Rani

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.