main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT C-3PO, R2 and a Stormtrooper??

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by THE PortmanLuvva, Nov 12, 2012.

1. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    Sorry if this obvious.

In episode IV when C-3PO and R2-D2 are in the death star whilst Luke, Han and Ben are "doin the mission", the stormtroopers come into where they are. As they leave one of them stands guard. C-3PO then talks about where Luke and the others might be or whether they are in danger.

Why doesn't the stormtrooper ask questions or is he the other side of the slide door. Maybe my eyes decieved me!:p

2. THE PortmanLuvva

Oct 26, 2012
    C'mon Sumbody answer, pleeeeeaase=((

3. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Questions thread!

4. THE PortmanLuvva

Oct 26, 2012
    Ah ok man thanks!

thesevegetables likes this.
  5. Greedoliveson

Greedoliveson Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2012
    That Stormtrooper is the Empire's equivelant of G4!!

Why ask him to stand guard if he is just going to let them walk, he is then guarding an empty room!

6. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Stormtroopers are morons who underestimate droids. C-3PO & R2-D2 were regarded by their 'guard' as little more than pieces of furniture, and he paid about as much attention to what they said as he might to one of the chairs in the room. That's about it.

Not to mini-mod, but I'm pretty sure the questions thread is really only necessary for periods of ridiculously high volume (which doesn't happen too often on the CT forum) and/or imbeciles with too much time on their hands who treat the forums like Twitter.

Said imbecile, who rarely bothered to use the questions thread anyway, seems to be either banned, sulking, dead, or has finally got the message.

7. THE PortmanLuvva

Oct 26, 2012
    Darth_Nub WTH does mini-mod mean mate?? And who you callin' imbecile fool. :mad: Im new to the site and im no computer whizzkid.

8. Darth_Nub

Apr 26, 2009
    Chill, I wasn't referring to you in the slightest, merely referring to something mentioned in a previous post (regarding directing questions to the Questions thread). Sorry if you got the wrong impression, it wasn't directed at you at all.[face_peace]

(There's been a bit of bother around here lately with a particularly bothersome troll, I was just making an off-hand reference to him after answering your question. Apologies again)

9. THE PortmanLuvva

Oct 26, 2012
    Darth_Nub Ok Dude. [face_tee_hee] But still, just wandering what mini-mod means??[face_dunno]

Oh, and thanks for answering the question thread title!

10. Darth_Nub

Apr 26, 2009
    To 'Mini-Mod' means when someone who isn't actually a moderator of an internet forum (i.e. just a normal user) decides to start acting like a moderator - taking it upon themselves to point out the rules, or even deciding to direct other users' behaviour. While there's a certain amount that any user can & should do to point out to others what they can & can't do, some step over the line & act like they're in charge, citing rules, calling an end to discussions - just acting like little tyrants when they don't have any authority at all.

All I was pointing out above was that the Questions thread in this forum doesn't seem to be 100% necessary with the absence of the troll I mentioned - but I decided to qualify what I said by saying I didn't want to be a 'mini-mod'. I'm not a moderator, so it really isn't up to me to say when someone should be directed to the Questions thread or not (I just didn't think your own question needed to be relegated as such).

THE PortmanLuvva likes this.