main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C-IV MEMORIES (and speculations on C-V)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Absolutely agree, Jay. We'll know when we know.

2. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Oops. Uh, on second thought...

Reading all that speculation from the other thread is hillarious. It just goes to show, no one can reads the minds of LFL.

Since everyone thought it was going to be in Indy last time and it ended up in LA, I'm going to throw something totally random out there-

Omaha, Nebraska? Fargo, North Dakota? Dallas, Texas?

How about Kalamazoo? ;)

3. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY

JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    Just announced, its going to be in Hoot Owl, Oklahoma. Google it, lol.

4. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
  5. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Everybody already knows it's happening...

6. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Gee, a whole lot of nothing at DragonCon. What a shock.

The usual claptrap: "east of the Mississippi, summer includes May, any city with a convention center is possible (uh-huh)," blah, blah, blah. Apparently the contract with an organizer will be done in the "next couple of weeks" and then they will look for a host. That seems hard to believe if "summer" starts in 8 months for them. It seems a little half-assed if all of this is true but I have my doubts.

7. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    If it's easy hope it's south east but bet it will be north east closer to NY

8. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Anywhere is OK with me, as I have always said. I'll just be happy when they finally say.

9. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    The submit button didn't work for me. :(

10. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I will be seeing Steve next Friday. I'll see if he'll tell me anything. But I doubt it :).

At least we know it's not L.A. Too bad GenCon messed that all up.

11. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I saw him last night and his mouth was sealed tighter than . . . well, something!

12. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Since nothing came out of Dragon*Con either I guess it's just to wait until we are all taken by surprise by a sudden announcement on the official site.

13. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY

JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    Well if it is going to be the same time of year as the past 4 celebrations, its only 8 months away.

14. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    I knd of knew they would not make an announcement at Dargoncon just like they did not make an announcment at San Diego Comic-con. I just don't care about a Celebration anymore. I am dead broke, in debt several thousand dollars, and living off food stamps after losing my full-time job in May, 2009 and part-time job in August, 2009. The best thing that could happen star wars related would be all 6 films on blue-ray dvd and Star Wars Battlefront III on PS3 and X-box 360 and airing live action tv show on regular tv not satellite or cable. I would be content with that.

15. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    It's been said that it's not going to be Memorial Weekend, so if it's later in the summer there is still almost a year left.

16. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    But Sansweet said that it would be during the 30th birthday for Empire that will put in during memorial day 2010

17. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Wow, no announcement yet? What a surprise. o_O

I think they'll realize the error of their ways when they announce the Celebration and badge sales plummet from last time. Or, if anything, people will buy out all the single-day passes and they'll have a glut of multiday ones. Or people will just go for the stuff that comes with the prices of the badge and leave the 'extras' (ie, autographs, colletibles, souveniers, etc) alone.

joesdomain- I know what you mean. Dad's hours have been cut in half and all three of us 'kids' have been looking for any kind of work for months. We've had to live on food stamps before. Good luck with the job hunt!

18. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Wow, what a bunch of sad sacks!

Yes, times are hard, and we've been waiting AGES for an announcement, but come on!

I have a 'coin box' I've been stashing PENNIES in, I'm saving a positive space pass for the city (which is hard because it means the rest of the world will be stand by, even places like Australia!) - we know it's coming, and sometime within the foreseeable future.

A LOT of activities at Celebration are free! Panels, droid hunt, seeing costumes (both from the films and fan made) - a good many of the actors are incredibly approachable, even if you're NOT buying an autograph (and FWIW, I've NEVER purchased one and have met most of them including the 'Big two') and of course, seeing your freinds... You can volunteer to get reimbursed for a badge, room with friends or stay at a hotel farther away (buses and feet FTW) - A freind and I went to LAX, saw Phantom AND disneyland on a McBudget.

It's all about choices - skip the Latte, and the X Boxes, and do a little saving here and there... C-5 will be easier than you think.

ETA - I'm not belittling those in straights - trust me, I KNOW what it's like (and I'm talking about trying to live solely on a McWage, only eating on days I worked) but by the same token, I'm just tired of all the whining.

19. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Now, now DB.... (imagine my finger wag here). Although I can understand where you're coming from, trust me.

It's a waiting game. It's frustrating. Frustration leads to impatience. Impatience leads to whining. Whining leads to.... oh wait, something about this isn't right. [face_laugh]

Those who live in the middle and eastern part of the country should be happy. It's a hop and a skip :). Me, I'll book the plane tickets from SoCal as soon as the date and location is announced. Why? Because I can.

Steve says next summer -- NEXT SUMMER! Even if it is at the beginning of summer, that's nearly a year away! Why would badge sales plummet for something that is a year away? Did we buy our badges a year ahead of time last time? Noooooooo....

So why this doom and gloom?

Be glad that there is such a thing as Celebration.

20. JossKanubi

JossKanubi Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2008
    As a long time reader, rare poster I have to agree and add this. We know a Celebration is coming next summer, details are not need to save money. Obviously it would help knowing how much you need to save but at this point just start saving. As the details come to light you'll know how much more you need to save. If at that point you find out you cannot save enough for the event, consider what you have saved up a bonus to spend elsewhere.

21. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    A wise man, you are, Joss.

22. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    It was never a question of if, but when the next Celebration would come.

People have had since the last Celebration to save up for CV.

Even those who are hard streched for money, would still have had something like 36 month to save up for CV, and if they are incapable of that, then it is poor planning on their part and whining about it doesn't help. And yes, I also call it whining, because that's how I see it.

23. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    did you see the news? Possible in Chicago or Atlanta. [face_hypnotized]

At least I am going to have a mini SW celebration when we all go to the SW concert. If my family cancel the trip to Alaska I will to celebration V. Still [face_thinking]

Oh I already tired of waiting for any news with the location. [face_tired]

24. Capt-SithPaark

Capt-SithPaark Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 24, 2004
    (in case you haven't seen) TF.Net has posted this (taken from a journalist who recapped what Sansweet spoke of at Dragon*Con)

1. Celebration V will take place next summer (2010) to commemorate the 30th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back.

2. No Place or time has been set, though there are two things Sansweet said this weekend to remember:

A) They've inked deals like this as late as 6 months out, and:
    B) It will be on the "right half of the country" (which, according to Sansweet, means that it will be somewhere between Chicago and the Atlantic.)

25. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Oh, I'm sure they've seen it. Having a wee bit of information doesn't seem to matter. The complaining still comes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.