main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Those are absolutely awesome. Future avatars!

Except Snow White. She's giving me nightmares already.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    s65horsey likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I definitely like Bounty Hunter Mulan.

Ariel must be the new Lord Nyax though, the lightsabers look like they're growing out of her hands.

4. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Fallout 4.
    Massachusetts.
    Yes.

Gorefiend likes this.
  5. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009

I do hope that Kotaku has hit gold this time. I'm tired of false hopes for Fallout 4.

6. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    i dont want to talk about it

krtmd likes this.
  7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Dunno why they didn't make Ariel the new Ackbar.

....or Jar Jar.

8. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    With all the Lovecraft stuff in F3, there had better be more if they're going to Massachusetts.

And you are going to possibly play SOMEONE FROM BEFORE THE WAR? Man, if I wasn't going to buy another Fallout no matter what, that would do it.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, I'm not believing a single thing about Fallout 4 until I'm playing the game. Actually, I still won't believe it.

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    the artist deviantArt gallery http://pushfighter.deviantart.com/gallery/43110217
    and two other galleries with Star Wars/Disney mashups
    http://white-magician.deviantart.com/gallery/42307284
    http://josephb222.deviantart.com/gallery/26279122

11. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    So, apparently the last episode of the IT Crowd aired on the ABC last night. I did not know this extra episode existed.
    [​IMG]

blackmyron likes this.
  12. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Nice, but still waiting on Half Life 3 :(
    I'm getting more excited for the new season of Community. Just hope Jeff/Annie gets some love this season.
    Also Archer!

13. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    The part about the main character being voiced makes me suspicious. A Fallout protagonist with actual personality? Inconceivable!

14. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I gave my Fallout protagonists plenty of personality, don't complain about your own failings. :p

JackG and Gorefiend like this.
  15. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Funny enough the Fallout 2 Manual makes it rather clear that the original Vault Dweller was a giant jerk. ;)

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm currently fleeing from the holiday party at work -- stayed out for about an hour, met a few people, but goodness being surrounded by a bunch of people who've known each other for years while I've been here for less than a week is more than a little overwhelming. I managed to meet ONE fellow n00b and she's got her last day tomorrow. Just my luck.

My last place I was lucky to have three colleagues start at the sane time as I plus twelve others from another group, so I had a huge peer network. Here? Not so much. Maybe the n00bs who start next semester will do... but until then I get to fend for myself for another month.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

Edit: on the bright side, I am comfortable enough to dare use my phone at work now so there's that.

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Just because I found this in my quota collection

’Right to the Blues’ av ‘Teddy Payne and the Bluebears’ från ‘Critters #23’
    I'm as cute as a button, won't you give me a hug/
    Got a face full of stuffin', I got skin like a rug/
    I'm a teddy bear, baby, I'm a teddy bear baby/
    I got fuzzy arms and I wear fuzzy shoes/
    But even teddy bears have got a right to the blues.

Got these little stumpy legs, only come up to your knees/
    I was put here for lovin', won't you give me a squeeze/
    I'm a teddy bear, baby, I'm your teddy bear, baby/
    Now the only ones who love me are my momma and booze/
    Yeah, even teddy bears have got a right to the blues.

I wanna be a bad guy, but I got a smile that's stitched on/
    But I can be forgiven 'cuz my reason for livin'/
    Was taken away, she's gone, gone, gone...

My little sugar bear had taken pretty ill/
    Lost an ear, lost an eye, she was put into the Goodwill/
    I'm a teddy bear, baby, I'm a teddy bear, baby/
    Now nobody loves me, it's a line I can use/
    Even teddy bears have got a right to the blues.

(Solo)

Now the clock is startin' arguments just by sittin' on the shelf/
    It's always tickin' at me while I'm talkin' to myself/
    I'm a teddy bear, baby...I'm a teddy bear, baby/
    First you broke in my nose and then you broke my heart/
    The stitchin' on my inseam, you pulled it all apart/
    You put me in a toy box an' then you close the lid/
    I know that you'd rather have a Cabbage Patch Kid/
    The only fire within me is a quick burnin' fuse/
    Even teddy bears have got a right to the blu-ues...

18. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    GrandAdmiralJello, jSarek, AdmiralWesJanson

My Micro Machine Starfleet is coming together. A big lot I won on Ebay (9-10 capital ships, over a dozen fighters, and a bunch of ground vehicles) that arrived today, while the ships I bought from Wes are due to arrive tomorrow.

The Mon Remonda arrives tomorrow as well. [face_dancing]

Soon, the Rebel and Imperial navies will face off... for my camera. And the image will be glorious.

--Adm. Nick

darthscott3457 and jSarek like this.
  19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    //buys a Silencer-7

[face_whistling]

20. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I have two R2D2.

R2D2 > World Devastator.

My capital ships don't even need to get involved. [face_tee_hee]

Also- do you want an Executor, old friend? I will have four of them, which is excessive for a Rebel lover like me. :p

--Adm. Nick

21. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Only by 1- Lusankya, Guardian, Megador. Otherwise, you need at least 3 to refight Orinda...

I see a bunch of x6 of the same ship lots on E-bay, but only the Rebel ones are bid on. Is that you?

Also, may want to look at this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-M...765?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e8410a345
    It's not the rare ones, but the book packs are still awesome.

And if you need Ackbar minifigs:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-M...5951?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2c77facbff

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    AdmiralNick22 -- sure, I'll take an SSD. Mine is dented, got heat warped in the car when I was a kid. Poor ship has never recovered. :(

(that was my third SSD... or maybe second. I either lost one or two, I'm not sure because I have a hard time telling whether or not I had two prior or if one of them was just a dream. yeah actually that's weird. memory is a bizarre thing.)

23. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    I currently live in Bakersfield, California. We have had measurable snowfall exactly twice since the 1930s. The snowfall on January 25, 1999 still gets talked about in this town with reverential awe.

GrandAdmiralJello is from the Los Angeles area, on the other side of the Transverse Ranges from Bakersfield. Snowfall there is slightly more frequent, but only slightly.

I grew up in Frazier Park, a small town a mile high in the aforementioned Transverse Ranges. We got snow frequently there, occasionally measured in feet rather than inches. I was living in the CSU Bakersfield dorms on January 25, 1999. When dorm-mates excitedly woke me up at three AM about the foreign white stuff in the air and on the ground, I looked around, said "It's snow. I've seen it before," and went back to sleep.

This was The Best Thing.

Agreed.

Oh, if you're a Trekkie, this might help you enjoy Godzilla's Revenge a bit more.

24. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Since we're discussing Southerners and snow, here's something amusing I noticed when my mom came up to visit from Florida. Keep in mind that she's a native Pennsylvanian and has only lived in Florida for perhaps two years.

1. Constant complaints about the temperature, even if it's in the mid-forties.

2. So many layers that it's ridiculous. The temperature was in perhaps the low-forties. My mom wore the following:
    -T-shirt
    -Long-sleeved shirt
    -Two fleeces/flannel shirts, one with a hood
    -A hoodie
    -A lined coat
    -Two shawls
    -A scarf

On average, she was wearing four shirts, even when she got her thick fur-lined winter coat.

I wore a hoodie.

3. Her utter amusement at the plastic pink flamingos in my yard(? patch of stones) set against a backdrop of a snow shovel.

4. Complaints that my place wasn't warm enough. My heat is up to 70. That's plenty warm.

The coming holiday season is sure to bring more weirdness.

25. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    My mom used to enjoy the cold until an event some years ago. She caught a horrifying intestinal parasite (giardia, for the medically informed) that put her in the hospital for almost a week and, well, long and disgusting story short, lost around twenty pounds off an already skinny frame. Ever since, the moment the temperature drops below fifty, she's got a heavy jacket and a pair of slippers. Right now, here in Chicagoland, it's about eleven degrees Fahrenheit, not counting wind chill, and she's wearing at least three layers just to walk around the house. I'm fine with the cold, to the point where I'll just wear a t-shirt and jeans so long as I have a jacket to throw on to go outside. She thinks I'm utterly insane, I'm pretty sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.