main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Calgay Expo - FF table

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    We are in need of enthusiastic and informed volunteers to man the Fan Force table at the Expo this year. You must be personable, willing to talk to the public and outgoing! Costumed and non-costumed members welcome!

Expo hours are 10-6, both Saturday and Sunday.

If you can't make the next meeting but would like to volunteer, please post here. We're looking at booking each volunteer for 2 hour increments throughout the day:

10-12
    12-2
    2-4
    4-6

The focus of our table (other than promoting our awesome group!) will be The New Clone Wars series and the 10th anniversary of The Phantom Menace. If you have any items you'd like to display, please let us know. We are also in need of more recent pictures of the group from meetings and/or events (costumed or otherwise). Please forward any pictures to my attention.

Please note: Volunteering for the FF table doesn't get you into the Expo for free. Also, programming isn't up yet for the Expo - if you volunteer for the table and there's a conflict with a panel you'd like to attend, we'll do our best to accommodate you. However, if you have volunteered, we do expect you to show up for your shift.
    If you have any other ideas and or suggestions, don't hesitate to post about them!

2. Texanadian

Texanadian Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2008
    Id like to volunteer for a shift. Dont know which one yet but Im game

3. Rusted_Halo

Rusted_Halo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2008
    i'll volunteer at the table too.. just not sure which time

4. JKCY47

JKCY47 Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2007
    I'm in for saturday, put me down for most of the day.

Cam

5. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    I'll have to wait and see before I can commit myself for any time.

6. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    I'll be there both full days

7. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    I can do 4 -6 on sat & 10 -12 on Sun

8. LEXIAL

Nov 29, 2004
    @};-Just wondering if the schedule has been figured out for the Expo. For those of us who have signed up when will we have confirmation?

9. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    I'll try to have it worked out soon.

10. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    We're looking for some Phantom Menace themed items for the table (since it's the 10 year anniversary). If you've got something that would work, please let myself or Ryan know.

Thanks!

11. Rusted_Halo

Apr 6, 2008
    i've got my preminum Darth Maul fig that i was bring to get signed so if you what it can sit on the table and i'll see what else i got here with the Ep1 theme also i'll get the 8x10 of the clone wars line pic and also i can do the BT group shot and the kids day group shot if you want too

12. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Thanks Marcy - as long as you feel comfortable leaving your Maul at the table that would be great!
    Don't worry about the pics - Manson managed to pull all those off the CFF website for me. Thanks again ;)

13. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    I think I might have some TPM stuff lying around. I'll have a look. I haven't figured out my schedule for other volunteering yet but more than likely I will be able to work the table for a bit. Also, is it cool with everyone if we have a bit of rebel legion swag on the table as well? I have a bunch that I got from Jason at the Edmonton toy show.

14. PADAWAN-JOHN68

PADAWAN-JOHN68 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2008
    I would like to know if we have a meeting this Monday. And were do we pick up our t-shirts for the event this coming weekend? and also were are we going to meet on Saturday?
    Thanks John

15. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    John - there is an Expo volunteer meeting tomorrow night at Eau Claire. It's not mandatory for you to attend though.
    Manson and I are getting together today to work out the volunteering schedules (for the table and the Expo). So we'll post that as soon as we've got everything nailed down. There are still some folks who haven't gotten back to me though...

The shirts are supposed to ready by Tuesday - we might be able to set up a pick up spot Tuesday night for everyone to grab theirs. Stay tuned to the boards for details.

Shawn - what kind of swag do you have? I don't think it's a problem putting some cards and/or pamphlets on the table. I just don't want people getting the RL and FF confused as being the same (that happened a lot last year). The FF is more than just costuming - but people tend to be hesitant about joining if they think that's all we do....

16. Jeedai9

Jeedai9 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2006
    Hey folks!
    I have a 4 piece EP1 banner from Blockbuster from when it came out on DVD!
    And....it has a HUGE graphic of Maul!
    I will bring it. If you need it sooner let me know, and I can arrange to drop it off.
    I can help on Sat and Sun. Put me down for 2-6 on Sat, and 2-5 on Sun.

Any word on whether FF is able to get Ray out for drinks after like with Daniel?

Lani

17. PADAWAN-JOHN68

PADAWAN-JOHN68 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2008
    Thanks I will be waiting.

18. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Table schedule is
    Marcy Sat 10-12 Sun 10-12
    Nicole Sat 4-6 Sun 12-2
    Cam Sat 12-2
    John Sat 2-4 Sun 2-4
    Sylvia - Fill in throughout the day
    I will be at the table both days.

I know lots of you said you are able to do table duty all weekend and that would be great but everybody need a break every now and then so feel free to help out longer than your scheduled shift but I had to get some times down for those that are interested in panel and other things.

Thanks
    Ryan

19. LEXIAL

Nov 29, 2004
    Hey Ryan ..I am booked with the Expo volunteering from 1-3 on Sun. (Yrol has signed me up a while ago on the Expo volunteer page), So 12 -2 won't work for me. If there is an earlier shift or one right after then I can do it.

20. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    How bout Sunday 4-6.

I'll find somebody from 12-2.

Thanks
    Ryan

21. LEXIAL

Nov 29, 2004
    Sun 4-6 should be good

22. Jeedai9

Jeedai9 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2006
    I can help out for the 12-2.

23. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Sounds good If you want to do 12-2 both days that would be great. That way we have lots of coverage when it's really busy.

Also if you want to swing by and pick up your shirt I have it at home here. Just give me a call. I am in class till 8:30 Wednesday but then I'm done.

24. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Thanks to everyone who helped out at the table this weekend!! =D=
    Special thanks to PreludeRM who held down the fort almost the entire time - you rock!

Your enthusiasm and fervour for SW really translated and people were really impressed - hopefully more folks will come out and join in the fun. Thanks to everyone who contributed items for the table too.

Our new shirts were really visible and totally stood out ;)

25. Rusted_Halo

Apr 6, 2008
    i agree... a big hand to Ryan =D= and the table plus the shirts looked awesome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.