main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Asia Campaigning for Fanforce Philippines

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by jedi_ginny, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_jp

Jedi_jp Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    3 is the charm heheh

2. DarthScully

DarthScully Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2001
    DarthScully standing by...

how many people are needed to make this thing official anyway?

3. Dejsa_Frmak

Dejsa_Frmak Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2002
    hope we can gather up the needed number soon

4. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    I dunno, but I guess we just have to get the powers-that-be's attention until we get our own board. THAT, plus when we fill Ginny's quota and start meeting up to..*ahem*...(goes ala Palpatine)...to consolidate our power. Heh-heh. How about that?

5. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Hi to Dejsa_Frmak, DarthScully, and jedi_jp! Thanks for replying to our posts and responding to our campaign.

As for Stomp's question, I really have no idea whatsoever what the quota is. We have 27 members back at our Yahoo group, and a few more people here who are not part of SWP. As Campaign Coordinator, can you try and reach the administrators and ask? :)

Ya know, we really have to track down that Art Department guy. Really. I'll think of something, then will just let you guys know. It would be really exciting! :)

For those who havent joined our Yahoo group, Star Wars Philippines yet, head on over to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/starwarsphilippines
    and register! But don't forget that TF.N's board is still our major get-together place as we campaign for Fanforce Philippines. The Yahoo group is the place to exchange files, photos, news, and go into detailed discussions.

Recruit more people! :)

MTFBWY all!

6. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Seems like your first aim is to get your own FanForce board.

Next, which is Singapore's target now, is to be recognized as an active FanForce Chapter and that means having a start of 3 meetings announced at this Board or the FanForce Website(?).

Here's something one of the person at our Board posted about the regulations from the Fanforce FAQ

How can my city be recognized as a FanForce Chapter?

Well, it's simple. Each metropolitan city is divided into regions. (You can view a list of U.S regions and International Regions here.) These regions are also "categories" on the FanForce Discussion Forums. These regions contain unique City forums, where Star Wars fans come together online and meet fellow, like-minded fans from their area. But FanForce is not about the "online" world. The following is a list of pre-requisites in order for your city group to be recognized as an official FanForce Chapter:

1. Get to know everyone posting in the forums for your respective cities. If your city is currently not on the forums, start it up! Maintaining a strong presence on the forums is vital! (done)

2. Start planning group activities and meeting with each other! Communities are not built over the Internet alone! (done)

3. [IMPORTANT] Your city group must plan and execute three events or activities and have advance notice of each posted on the FanForce Headlines/Main page. We want you guys to build grassroots, self-contained clubs that actually do more than just chat on the forums all the time! Network with your fellow fans! Without the completion of this particular guideline, consideration cannot be given.*

4. Choose one individual to represent your organization to FanForce. This person will work directly with a FanForce Regional Support Administrator to help you plan out activities, interface with charities, gather sponsors (if and when necessary) and address all issues and concerns regarding FanForce and TheForce.Net in general.

5. A local FanForce can be run any way the fans of that city wish it to be run. All we ask is that you use our FanForce City Forums as your online meeting place! (done ~ duh. )

*Special consideration can be given to city groups and clubs that have demonstrated a sustained membership and record of activity.

Fanforce has these requirements because it is much more dynamic than just a message board. We want to hear about what you're doing -- whether it's Star Wars-related or not. Star Wars is what brought us all together, but our community involvement with one another is the glue that will keep us that way.

How can I get involved?

As a member of Fanforce and your group, their a few ways you can get more involved. The first opportunity is the City Representative position, or CR. CR's have essentially replaced what are known as moderators. A moderator is responsibl for maintaining their online forum. However, a CR transcends this role because they are also responsible for representing their chapter and its interests.

A CR must be a leader -- capable of organizing and supporting their entire chapter. A CR is elected by the members of a chapter. However, if a group has not yet become a recognized chapter, they may still elect someone to represent them and their interests until said group becomes official.

Good luck! :)

(Ps: After this we do a little SEA Rebel Regional Outpost and SEA 501st Garrison? :D )

7. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    I sense that the Jedi Council needs to talk about this. Ginny?

8. hat_tr1ck

hat_tr1ck Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    Sign me up!

9. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    Hey, Darth Eagle! So you're from Singapore? :)

Thanks for the info. :)

SEA 501st Garrison, eh? Not a bad idea. ;)

10. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    Thanks, hat_tr1ck! And thanks for joining SWP too. :)

11. DarthScully

DarthScully Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2001
    *waves*

hat_tr1ck hi! :)

12. j3di_g3rL

j3di_g3rL Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002
    Hello!!! Im new and i love anakin!!!
    Anyways, how can i join?? and any requirements??? Thanks!!!!

13. hat_tr1ck

May 3, 2002
    An elegant weapon for a more civilized day. :D

14. hat_tr1ck

May 3, 2002
    In response to Dejsa_Frmak's post on the previous page, I'm already thinking up of a fanforce logo as we speak. We should also come up with a name too, like Philippine Jedi Knights or Philippine Sith Lords. :D

Hey, DarthScully and StompboXX! :D

15. hat_tr1ck

May 3, 2002
    An expansion to the Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds is out and it's called Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns!

Sadly, it got a marginal rating from Gamespot.com. Anyway you can check out the review here...http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/reviews/0,10867,2868521,00.html

16. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    Hi, j3di_g3rl! I love Anakin too. Well, not Anakin, really, but Hayden. ;)

Anyhoo, there are no requirements, just keep logging in to this forum and keep posting! :)

Also, you can join our little group at Yahoo! Just go to:
    Sign up and introduce yourself! Although this forum is more of talk about how to establish our own Fanforce chapter, as well as meeting other Pinoys, the Yahoo group is more about discussions and stuff. :) Will look forward to seeing you there. But keep posting here! This is a wonderful place. :)

17. j3di_g3rL

j3di_g3rL Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002
    same here!!! i love hayden and anakin!!! :)

Thanks for welcoming me. Im trying to join the group, i already have a yahoo id, do i need to sign-up again??? anyways, thanks again!! :)

18. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    Well, all you have to do is log-in to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com
    using yout Yahoo ID.

Then, type this address in your browser:
    and once you get into our homepage, just find the button that says "Join" and answer all the questions, then you're in! I think at the end of the registration process, you will be asked if you want to go to the Homepage. Just click on that.

If you have problems, you can use your e-mail address to subscribe. Just send a blank e-mail to:
    starwarsphilippines-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

If you STILL have problems, then just post here and tell us about it, and we'll try to resolve everything. Thanks for your interest.

19. j3di_g3rL

j3di_g3rL Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002
    Thanks!!! ill do that :)

May the force be with us!!!

20. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    Welcome, hat_tr1ck!!

As I see our numbers ar far from dwindling.

(And why did that voice suddenly sound Palpatinian? Eek. Okay, I admit..I'm a closet Palpatine fan. So hang me. LOL)

Ginny..are we pushing through with our AoTC EB/field trip? This coming Jan 8?

21. masterjedi_rye

masterjedi_rye Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    Yup, its good news to us here in the Philippines. Sign me up!!!

masterjedi_rye

22. rachel1013

rachel1013 Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    HI everyone!

I want to be part of this too! Sign me up! :)

Rachel

23. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    Hello to Rachel and masterjedi_rye! Thanks for responding to our campaign. I encourage all of you to post here and keep reading the other posts so you can keep updated. Any questions may be addressed to me, or to our coordinator, Stompboxx.

I suggest you join us back at the Yahoo group, Star Wars Philippines.

The URL is:

You can also subscribe by e-mail. Just send a blank message to:
    starwarsphilippines-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

You can meet the rest of the gang there, as well as exchange Episode II reviews, SW news, pics, files, and more!

BUT, I will reiterate that this forum is our HOMEBASE for the Fanforce campaign, so keep posting here and keep a watchful eye on the boards.

Again, thanks for your interest and support, and we hope to see you back at the Yahoo group soon!

MTFBWY!

24. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    Stomp, I hate to always be the bearer of bad news. Looks like something important came up that I can't make it on the 8th. Darn darn darn.

Let's just hold everything for now, I'll get back to the issue of the EB next week, ok? Darn darn darn.

Heeeey.... Closet Palpy fan. Did you take the SW personality test posted back at SWP? Did you turn out to be Palpy on "agreeableness"? Hehehe...

25. jedi_telcontar

jedi_telcontar Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2002
    Hi guys! I just followed the link to this forum (from SWP) and I hope this thing'll keep on going. Uhmm I believe you know me already from my username. Right, Ginny? Hi Stomp! Hi Ulan! :) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.