main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR Can darkside charectors play in a lightside campaign?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by LottDodd, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Can you have Jedi Consulars and Sith Inquisitors in the same party?

On a similar note, if you join a republic guild can you play as imperial charectors and vice versa?

2. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    No and No :D

They have said that there will be SOME cross-faction communication. But you cannot group with Imperials if you are a Republic character or vice-versa.

Mostly likely you will be able to make Republic and Imperial characters on the same sever though. At least on the Player versus Evil servers. On Player vs. Player servers, maybe not, but you will be able to roll on a different server if that's not the case.

They won't limit you, they want you to play all 8 classes at some point. So you'll just have to find yourself two different guilds. One for each side.

3. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    But they won't let you join more than one guild....

4. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Yes you can, you just can't do it in the format they are doing guilds now. This is the way it will work at launch.

You join a guild on swtor.com. That guild is automatically made when the servers go live. When you log into your first character (assuming it is on the same alliance as the guild you joined under) it will prompt you to join the guild for your FIRST character and your first character only.

Every other character you make, whether it is on the same server, different server, same faction, different faction, must be manually added to the guild in-game by someone authorized to invite people to the guild.

The pre-launch guild feature is more or less just to get your first character in the guild as soon as you sign in so you aren't trying to find your buddies or someone to invite you. Everything after that will work similarly to other MMO's where you have to be added by someone with access to do so.

But no, you are not designated to only one guild ever. If you have 8 characters you can be in 8 different guilds. But 7 of those characters will have to be manually added by someone in game, after the game is live.

5. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    One of the best of the best features of MMO's is the line drawn between the two factions. In WoW, it was really awesome because boths sides speak different languages so you can't say anything to them, and you can't join up in a group with them....but you *can* help each other out on quests. There were some very pocahontas moments that went on there...without the romance.

6. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    Ok, that makes it make much more sense! Thank you Darksideyesplease!

I have had a goal of playing a Sith Inquisitor forever, however I have gotten 3 of my buddies to sign up (so we have enough for a server) but we want to only play when we can do it all together, so I want to try something opposite with them, a smuggler or soldier... My inquisitor charector I will have a lot more time with on my own.

That made me feel a whole lot better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.