main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can you help? Research survey for a graduate paper

Discussion in 'France' started by ChristineP, Apr 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChristineP

ChristineP Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2005
    Hi, I am a graduate student at Johns Hopkins University. I'm currently in a film and culture class, and I am writing about Star Wars and it's enduring qualities and huge fan base.

I've posted elsewhere on theforce.net, but I'm trying to get some responses to my survey from all over the world so I can show that Star Wars goes beyond just US and UK fans.

Below is the survey if you want to cut and paste it anad email it to me...feel free to ask a friend/family member too...and email to me at cplumer1@jhem.jhu.edu

Thanks so much!
    -Christine

SURVEY:
    1. General statistics: Age: _______ Sex: ______ Religion: _________ Marital status: ______________ Highest level of education:

2. Have you seen any of the Star Wars films? yes no
    If yes, please mark the films you have seen, the format in which you FIRST viewed it (theater, home video, tv) and approximate year/decade.

Star Wars: A New Hope (1977)
    The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
    The Return of the Jedi (1983)
    The Phantom Menace (1999)
    The Attack of the Clones (2002)

3. If you have NOT seen any of the films, please list any characters? names that you have heard of or might know.

4. If you have NOT seen any of the films, please list anything you know or have heard about the plot of the films.

5. If you have children, what are their ages and have they seen one or more of the Star Wars films?

6. If your children have seen any of the Star Wars films, how were they introduced to it?

7. Do your kids like the Star Wars films? (choose one)
    love them...like them...don't care either way...don?t like

8. Have you ever seen a television show, movie, or text that has referenced or mentioned Star Wars or its characters? If yes, what was it?

9. On a scale of 1 to 4, rate yourself as a Star Wars fan

1=not a fan at all
    4=Star Wars is my life!

10. Do you participate in any fan based activities (in person or online)? If so, what?

11. Have you made any friends purely because of a mutual interest in the films?

12. Do you (or have you ever) owned any type of Star Wars merchandise? If so, what?

13. How would you rate the Star Wars films in each category, with 1 as least sucessul and 4 as most successful)?

-Value as an adventure film
    -Special effects
    -Character development
    -Plot/storyline
    -Moral or spiritual value

14. Do you see any commonalties between ?the force? and your own religion? Explain.

15. Which do you prefer:
    a) The Original Trilogy (Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi)
    b) The Prequels (The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and soon to be released Revenge of the Sith)
    c) I like them equally.

If you prefer one over the other, explain why.

16. Concerning the upcoming release of Revenge of the Sith:
    a) I may or may not see it.
    b) I?ll wait until it comes out on dvd.
    c) I have no interest in seeing it at all.
    c) I?ll probably see it in a theater sometime during it?s run.
    d) I?ll see it in a theater within the first week of its release.
    e) I?m there on May 19 when it opens.
    f) Can't talk... I?m in line for my ticket now.

Any comments you?d like to share:

If you got this far, thanks again!
    Christine cplumer1@jhem.jhu.edu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.