main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada Canadian Theological Debate Thread

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Ian_Ball, Nov 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ian_Ball

Ian_Ball Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    post 100 :D

anyways, I think the only reason we are a puzzle is that we love self destruction...now that`s a puzzle even god coulden`t figure out.

2. Entil`Zha

Entil`Zha Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 1999
    Probably. But also because there are so many mysteries about us that we can't understand on our own.

Post #101

3. Ian_Ball

Sep 21, 2001
    I don`t think that we can`t figure these things out it`s just that no one really cares enought to persue them fully.

4. Lightsaber11

Lightsaber11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2001
    I believe...
    (Now isn't that something)

I believe in the universe, and beyond, there is only one energy that controls everything.
    Chi.
    Chi is the energy that exists in EVERYTHING. Earth, Metal, Water, Wood, Fire... people are filled with this energy, and when this energy is balanced improperly, people begin to feel certain ways... happy, sympathetic, sad, scared or angry...

this chi makes up your life force, and when you die, the chi is released from your body... And we all know about the simple scientific idea that energy cannot just disappear, it has to go somewhere... your chi, your life force, dissipates into your surroundings, not all into the same thing, it spreads everywhere........

this philosophy is based on Traditional Chinese Medicine, and is over 2000 years old, well older than The Holy Bible.

I have found great comfort and balance in this philosophy and encourage others to look into it if they are grappling with concepts such as religion...

This is not a religion, this is just an explanation of how things work.

When it comes to religion, I lean towards the ideas of the Buddha... The Eightfold Noble Path....
    If you are interested in finding inner peace I suggest you look there.

But for the time being I say only this, everyone is of their own mind, and their own body. Let people think what they will, but hold fast to your own beliefs, as a matter of integrity. If you believe enough then you will find what you are searching for, be it within you, or from another outside source.

In no way is this meant to make anyone feel WRONG... This is merely my own idea.

if anybody would like to discuss this, then please do. i will respond.

5. Entil`Zha

Jul 9, 1999
    We helped a guy make a demonstration of Chi (or Kii).We were 4 guys, and there was another person sitting on a chair. We all concentrated and with the use of only 2 fingers each (under the arms and knees of the person on the chair), we lifted her up to the ceiling of the classroom as if she weighted nothing...

So it's really more of an energy type of belief

6. Ian_Ball

Sep 21, 2001
    I`ve always been interested in budda..never understood it....but it sounds like the best concept out of all the religions out there.

7. Lightsaber11

Nov 22, 2001
    Don't try to think of it as a belief.
    The energy is real.
    It is PROVEN.
    Talk to an acupuncturist for more information.
    You might be able to sort out some of that old baggage you've had locked away for so long.

8. Entil`Zha

Jul 9, 1999
    Old baggage?

9. Ian_Ball

Sep 21, 2001
    LOL, he knows me well, who ever he/she is.

10. Entil`Zha

Jul 9, 1999
    I hope he didn't mean to insult you in some way. That would be bad for him, especially in a religious thread! :D

11. Ian_Ball

Sep 21, 2001
    LOL, It`s ok.

12. Lightsaber11

Nov 22, 2001
    I didn't mean to insult anyone. What I meant by the "baggage" comment, is that everyone has baggage, stuff from their past that in some subliminal way is preventing them from moving on with their lives. I know I had some, and had to work it out to make more progress in my life.

So check it out, it'll be worth it.

13. Ian_Ball

Sep 21, 2001
    LMAO, Lightsaber11...you didn`t insult anyone...my clonetrooper helmet sheilds me from insult.

14. Lightsaber11

Nov 22, 2001
    Now after all this talk of Chi and whatnot, I still must inform you of my religious past. I went to church as a kid, I went to Bible Camp, did scripture study, all that stuff. Heck, I even lived with Mormons. MORMONS!!!!! They're the pushiest type of religion. Always trying to convert. ALWAYS.

SO HERE IS MY GOD RANT.

First of all, I know that the teachings of old JC are good. I know that he is right in that we should obey those commandments... because they are RIGHT. As opposed to being WRONG (eg... murder, theft, adultery, rape, all that jazz that makes one a criminal in our society). These things are not positive and they do not help people. Now, to say that I am a not a commandment breaker isn't true in itself. I have stolen things. But only from greedy corporations. And innocent flower vendors. But what right do they have to pick flowers from our earth and sell them back to me for my hard earned money? none i tell you... So I stole a bunch of frickin posies... That makes me a Commandment Breaker.

Oh and a note for Christians regarding the statement; "You're going to Hell."

For a Christian that's one of the worst things to say to someone, because;
    A. you're judging them, and that's reserved for GOD and GOD alone...
    B. Maybe that person will accept Jesus in the end and you'll be caught with your Holy foot in your mouth when you see that person up in heaven.

Another bit... Church is good, its great when people come together and praise, and you get that tingly feeling. But that's just the love in the air. If you like a loving atmosphere and you can handle 400 cheery people at once, church is for you. Personally it sketches me out.

If you choose, Live with the idea that there is someone watching out for you and loving you no matter what you do, and will never give up on you no matter how many mistakes you make.

You can also choose to believe in yourself, and that you are the only person you have, after all, you *are* the only person you have.

You can choose to believe anything, and that is the beauty of being human. We are all human, regardless of our beliefs, and when someone approaches you with an idea, don't drop your own because theres sounds nicer. If you have a shed of integrity in you then you should believe what your heart tells you.

Follow if you choose.
    If not... keep your faith.
    its the best idea.

15. Ian_Ball

Sep 21, 2001
    you stole posies?????????? whatta jerk (im joking)

well, one look at my CD collection or tattoos...I`m pegged as a satanist....which I`m getting tired of....I`ll call Anton LaVey so I can just agree....it`s all very tiring

end rant.

16. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    A person is not their CD's, their tattoos, or even their beliefs. The things that you enjoy, the choices that you make, these are what make you who you are from moment to moment. Constant movement and change, sometimes lightening fast, sometimes slow as glacial encroachment, but change nonetheless.

And I guess that's part of my theology. :)

*Derisa*

17. Ian_Ball

Sep 21, 2001
    I like it.

sorry about my rant...it kinda explains my sig. I guess :)

Organised religion of any sort has really ticked me off one way or another...

If anyone is wondering why I haven`t been posting here very much any more...I found a site with no mods...it`s REALLY fun ;) All we do there is pretty much debate religion and such..I seem to be in my element there..and I`m not cencored (which is really nice when i wanna throw a childish tantrum)

What ever you believe in, whom ever you follow, just remember that others will believe in something else..or in nothing at all exept themselves, like I do. In religious eyes it has become apparent that this is not acceptable (exept ppl on here who are very kind and understanding..and I thank you all)

I hope that one day the world will wake up, and just get along to be honest. I don`t want my kids made fun of or attacked due to the music they listen to.

18. Lightsaber11

Nov 22, 2001
    Ian

drop me that site where you can truly express thyself... by PM of course. I'll talk god all day. and night.

i'm hammed.

i joined the dark side for this night only.

heres to being a teenager for only 2 more days....

glugglugglugglugglugglugglugglug

mmmmmmmm. fireball....

mmmmmmmm. whiskey.

19. Ian_Ball

Sep 21, 2001
    ummm, I did already....lol.

20. Izird

Izird Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Hey! Whazzup? I know I haven't been on in a while, but I'm going to try to check back once in a while. Lightsaber, I think it was you that mentioned that Christians have no right to say who's going to Hell. That is God's authority alone, so good call! I don't really have time to read all the discussion you've been having in depth, but I hope to be able to jump in again at some point! God Bless!

21. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    Is anyone from this thread still checkin around and posting, or is it a dead thread that just hasn't been crossed off yet? It would be a great one to continue...

22. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    Isn't this better suited for the Senate?

The "crossing off" occurs when one of the mods decides to be evil and locks a thread. ;)

Actually, I think they automatically lock if they're inactive for a long time.

23. E_Greyshadow

E_Greyshadow Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    Actually, I think it's better suited here, since it's a "Canadian" theological thread. This way, we don't get no pushy Americans in here, telling us we're wrong and they're right.

24. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    Actually, to be perfectly honest...I go to college in Sussex, New Brunswick, and have been there for three years...but I am an American, hailing from Stuart, Florida...however, I realize that I am in no place to tell someone whether they are right or wrong...that is for them to decide...I can present my view, and listen and consider theirs, but that is as far as I can go. I'm sorry you have the impression that all of us Americans are rude and pushy and such. I can assure you that, to the best of my knowledge, I am not...I love Canada very much, and the people in it...I hope you will not hold the fact that I am American against me. I have a tendency to break stereotypes, and I hope I will be able to live above what you obviously believe about Americans. I would like the chance, if you would allow me. I also post on the Maritimes boards, where they all know me as an American, but respect me just the same...is it too much to hope the same could happen here? :) I hope to talk to y'all sometime soon...

25. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    Not having Americans try to force their views on us is definately a good thing, but how does nationality play any role in theological debates?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.