main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    NC is pretty well done. Unless there is 100k Obama supporters in that 5% uncounted left. Virginia could still go either way though.

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I guess I'd better start making travel arrangements for fleeing to Canada...

3. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Oh don't worry, those two states don't matter much. Florida and Ohio are both leaning towards Obama (47 EC) plus the always Blue West Coast (55 just from California). Obama will most likely win.

4. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Good. I really don't want to move to Canada. I hate moving.

EDIT: Obama won. Yay!

5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm glad Obama won. Romney is a, well, saying what he is would get me banned for breaking the TOS. I'm hoping that all the good he's done and will do gets set in stone or at least so hard to undo that it'll last. Oh well. With Obama still President I can at least feel confident that he will do some good.

6. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    As long as they weren't punch ballots, I trust paper ballots more than computers, lol. I like something tangible.

Also, NC and VA both went blue in '08. Provided there are no absentee surprises in the state, populous blue northern VA turned the state around late in the count, just like they did in '08.

7. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Nah, these ballots were the ones where you had to fill in a circle with black pen. Takes me back to the days of the MAT tests in school...

8. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    My ballot had arrows with a gap between the point of the arrow and the tail of the arrow. If you want to vote for a candidate you fill in the blank part of the arrow next to the person you are voting for. It is like those "complete the picture" assignment you would have in kindergarten. But since we didn't have any machine problems it is probably a good thing. I was astonished that there was a big controversy over voter ID in other States. Here in Michigan we have to show a driver's license or other legal ID like a passport. What I thought was funny is one of the ID's they accept is the Concealed Weapons Permit. I worked the polls during the last election and I was surprised that men were actually pulling out that ID. I think they just want impress the ladies working the polls...this dude is armed and probably not dangerous since he has State approved permission to carry a gun.

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Those were mine, too.

10. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Since my state ID still has an outdated address (haven't bothered to update it, yet), I had to dig out my voter registration card and be ready with other forms of ID. Thankfully, the card was all they needed, and I was reminded to get a new ID some day soon.

11. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Only one full day and then 3 hours before I can get off early for the Symphony. I talked kateydidnt into going to the SLC Public Library for one of our picture book afternoons, where we just sit around and read children's books out loud.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    On a fanfiction front...you want dedication? Its 12:40 AM here, and I'm still hard at work on one of my fics. 5k words in too. [face_hypnotized]

EDIT: For a single chapter mind you.

13. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    On a real life front... you want laziness? I have an original novella on the go, I'm in the planning stages of an original novel, I have a research project due in less than a week, two research papers due at the end of the month (one I haven't even looked at the topics for) AND I did positively nothing to day exept wait for a bus for two hours for a 50 minute class.

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    T-65, I once did 13,000 on a post. :) Then again, I promised a reader I'd get to a verdict by the end of her birthday.

15. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    On the wilderness front... you want weird? I was taking a walk through the woods today and decided to go for a stroll in a local field. I saw some deer munching on whatever leftover crops were there after the field had been cleared. More deer joined those deer, and more deer joined the herd. There was a lone young buck on the other side of the field, munching on grass and watching me closely. After a while, he made his way towards the cleared portion, and then started coming towards me. He came pretty close, close enough that I could clearly see his face and the little velvety antler buds. He kept coming closer, so I pointed to the herd and said to go join them. The buck watched me for a moment, and then turned and went off to join the herd.

16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    TrakNar the buck-whisperer. Did you do a Jedi-mind-trick hand wave when you said that?:p

17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Yep! XD

I could have let the buck keep coming toward me, but really... I don't wish to interfere with these deer. If they become accustomed to me and tolerate my presence and let me get close enough for pictures, that's fine, but I am not looking to be able to pet them. I'd rather observe them.

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I had a deer run past me while I was reading a fanfic the other day. It was worth reading...

19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    You got to watch out for those deers. They cause the deaths of more people each year than bear, snake, mountain Lion or alligator attacks combined. I know they are always trying to throw their bodies in front of my speeding car.

20. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I hit a deer once . . .

It's snowing. I hate snow. It's cold and wet and irritating, and it sticks everywhere.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  21. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    I see what you did there...

22. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Star Wars is real and here is the proof!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Lando

It seems Lando swindled his way into power here on Earth. :p Would make a humorous one-shot, kinda like that Infinities story of the Falcon crashing on Earth and Chewie starting the Big Foot legend and Indiana discovering Han's skeleton and the Falcon.

23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
  24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I live along a scenic river trail and the snow is knocking down or knocking off a lot of things. So I keep hearing cracks and/or thunks against my window. It's creepy...

25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I live deep in the woods. I'll tell you what you should never do...watch the Blair Witch Project while alone and there are damn chipmunks running around in your attic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.