main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Monday Mush:) I will be looking for that. And I like to write in before.

2. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I guess I should pop in here too. Yo everyone! It's been awhile! I promise I'll be here more often now that everything is somewhat working... I should get back to writing.

I mainly write in Beyond because those are the characters and situation I fell in love with. But lately its been NWSFF and probably will continue to be until the SW muse comes back. Mercy Kill might have sparked something...

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I was egged on to write Harry Potter and it got out of control. And then there's my 37-story Transformers collaborative project.

4. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
  5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    It's only the old posts that are truncated, it seems, as new posts can be as wordy as you damn well like, without being truncated.

6. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Trak... I was mostly joking. Mostly. Hee.

7. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    During testing I discovered that 150k is a bit too much to post at once, as it will simply crash out after spinning its wheels for several minutes. :p But I think I got up to 75k posted all right.

8. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Well, I'm still all for drabbles. Perhaps one of these days, I should write some.

9. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Honestly, at the moment I can't think of a specific reference. Just a handsome pic, I guess. I bet that doesn't help any, huh? :p

Drabbles are a great idea, me thinks. Maybe someone could start up the official drabble challenge thread now that we're back?

10. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Oh ... oh my. This is all so new and delightful!

11. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
  12. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    I feel exceedingly uncreative with my new forum avatar just now. Nostalgia won over and I just made a larger version of my old Nomi icon. Maybe I'll come up with something more interesting later? But, if anyone needs a photoshop dealy done for a new avatar, shoot me a PM. I do enjoy doing simple little icons.

13. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    It's up! It's up! It's up! [face_party]

14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Your avatar reminded me that I should soon get a haircut. My hair is nearing Skywalker mop-top length...

15. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I kind of like the new "official" Kyp pic but you know what? Totally reminds of Michael Fassbender, who then reminds me of Magneto. :p And then...the plotbunnies start jumping all over my muse.

16. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Maybe restart the 10-minute challenge.

17. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
  18. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Still trying to figure stuff out here. So far the new boards feel great, though.

19. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Did someone say Michael Fassbender? And what isn't JediMara77 replying to that? :p

I have to look for a icon. I don't know what I want... SW or otherwise... hmmm....

20. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
  21. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Seems somsone else loves Michael Fassbender? :p MsLanna is quite smitten with him as well. I like him as an actor. He's too skinny for my taste. And pale. Most of the time he looks like he's sick. :( Absolutely adored him as Magneto though.
    So, obviously, when looking at the new official Kyp pic...yeah. I mean, he's still good looking and the pic makes me smile like a maniac so that's great. :D

[​IMG]

22. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hey everyone!

I'm loving the fact that we can choose whatever icons we want. I'm kinda a photoshop n00b (I only have it because it came free on my computer), but I still love playing around with it. I've made a few so far, but the one I have now is my favorite.

Did someone say drabbles?! Someone needs to start up the drabbles challenge. I wrote my first drabbles over the move, hoping that the boards would be back up for Father's day, but they weren't, so I may just save them for next year. But between university and (attempting) to write an original novella, drabbles will probably be the only fanfic writing I'll have time for.

This isn't really a question thread, I know, but it's something that I am wondering. FanFic awards. Are we just going to wait till next year and make fics posted from July ’11 - March '12 eligible (not like I wrote that many fabulous fics in that time)? Or hold a Mini rewards for that timeframe and for anything posted on the temp boards once the dust settles.

I'm blabbering, I know, but I'm just so happy that we are HOME!

23. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Curse you double post. I even copied my post and refreshed the page before posting again. Grrr.

24. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I think it would be better to hold off with the fanfic awards until next year. Given that we can't even reread the stuff that's on the boards at the moment due to the truncated posts.
    And I concur with the drabbles. Great way to get the muse going again. So who's up for starting the challenge? :p

25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm up for the challenge! My god, I haven't been able to lure my muse back! I thought for sure that it was waiting for me at CVI. Apparently, I have left it in Orlando.

Or in Cleveland, where my flight was cancelled. Or in Washington-Dulles, where I got lost trying to find the damn gate. Either way, my muse didn't come home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.