main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I used to call people hon after 6 weeks of living with a girl from Chicago who used it a lot. Now I have to stop myself from calling people mija/mijo.

LLL likes this.
  2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    If it's an older person, I say "sir" or "ma'am." If I know the person well, I'll call them "dude."

As for an easy fix for anemia? Prunes. Get those Sunsweet dried prunes and snack on them.

3. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Hard part right now is I'm having trouble with dizziness and stuff, so I really shouldn't drive. So I can't leave the house and go get something. I had some beef ravioli and that seemed to help some. I'm just going to have to return to eating red meat, a little at a time, because my other medical conditions won't let me keep to the other diet.

4. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    If someone is able to run to the store for you, add dried prunes to the grocery list.

5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    You don't have stocks in Sunsweet dried prunes, do you? :p

Iverna likes this.
  6. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    No, but prunes in general are a good source of iron. At the blood drives I went to, they always had prunes. I just happen to like Sunsweet's prunes better. They taste pretty good.

7. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    I was anaemic as a teenager. I had to take iron supplements because I don't really eat meat, just enough to disqualify me from vegetarianism. But I'm really bad at metabolising food, so I have to take supplements no matter what I eat. But yeah, I'd look into supplements if I were you. You can get some fairly natural ones, at least here. The one I took was called Floradix. If you're iron-deficient it's really hard to get the levels back up just with diet, especially if you've got other dietary issues interfering. Well, in my experience anyway.

8. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I just had to start back on iron pill last week. I was getting light headed. I suffer from low iron. I remember trying to give blood once and they pricked my finger and then put a drop of blood in some liquid in a vial...it is supposed to sink to the bottom, but my blood just floated on the fluid like a freaking cork.

I love liver and I was told that was a good source of iron. But then I also found out I was prone to gout. For those who never suffered from gout...be happy. I get it in my toes and it feels like the worst ingrown toe nail. Anything touching your foot causing horrible throbbing pain. I couldn't even have a sheet over my foot while sleeping. It sucked. So I am sticking to the pills.

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm anemic, but luckily don't have restrictions on how much red meat I can have.

10. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    Haven't been here in forever...looking around to see what's up and who's still here.

*waves at Ish* Hi!

11. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Hi, LLL! We have new digs, that's what's up! :)

12. LLL

Jul 16, 2000
    I saw. After years and years, it finally happened! Just checking in to see what people think of all this new SW news. Cool to still see some familiar names.

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Hi, LLL! *Throws her a stuffed Palpatine doll.* I wish you would stay here for a while.

14. LLL

Jul 16, 2000
    *catches the doll* Palpy!!

Coolio. How's that book coming, Ish??

15. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I just returned about a week ago.
    Finally found my password.

16. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Of course I do! :p
    I actually didn't have moonshine until I was somewhere around 26 and only the one time... I apparently don't know the right people! :p I've also only had deer meat one time and that was in college.

Most people there actually call any soda, "Coke" no matter what it is, but when hard pressed to give in on the soda/pop quetion, WV is very divided on the situation, even in the area where I was from. Most of the "city" people (like me) said soda but people from the outlying areas usually said pop. 8-}

I call people (pretty much just my patients) sweetie, some times hon and if it a guy usually 'bud'. Where I grew up, it was normal for people to call you something like that... I hated it when I was younger but now living in New England, I kinda miss it. :(

17. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Well... it did seem like a practical joke at first... *waves*

Edit: And... MU! Good to see ya!

18. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Trying to decide if I should brave the snow and drive myself to the emergency room in my stupid car, wake my easily-pissed-off stepfather and have my parents drive me to the ER in their Jeep, or call an ambulance.. Or wait a couple hours until they wake up and have Mom drive me to InstaCare. Choices, choices . . .

19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    What's going on that you need to go to the ER?

20. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Things they told me on my last visit to look out for that I won't detail here. Ended up waking my parents. Mom drove me to the ER. I'm in an embarrassing backless gown, waiting to get probed.

21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Sounds like a wild and fun night. [face_plain]

Hope you feel better soon!

22. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I hope you're feeling better soon.

Here's a little something I made up to hopefully bring a smile to everyone who's ill:

There once was a Jedi named Qui-Gon,
    Who was a great duelist of bygone.
    Until he met up with
    an apprentice Sith,
    and now he is called quite gone.

Sorry, I know it's stupid, and might not fit the rhythm scheme quite right. It's just something I thought up in the shower this morning and thought I'd share. [face_blush]

TrakNar, mavjade and Iverna like this.
  23. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Oh, those gowns are just lovely, aren't they? I had to wear one once. It was just a scare and it turned out to be nothing, but I remember the gown. Hope you're ok! [:D]

Alexis_Wingstar: hehe, 'quite gone'! I like it! :D

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Feel better and feel free to not go into detail.

Lll, I am trying to get my beta to finish reading. She's had it since thanksgiving.

25. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    *looks around, feels lost*

Too much new paint for my liking...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.