main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cartoon Network Clone Wars Microseries Update

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    *goes off to write the Clone Wars into her fan fic* :D

Hummmm... and I think I just got another idea by looking at my wallpaper on my other (old) computer... :)

I liked that they put Yavin IV in here, as Geoff pointed out, it ties everything together, since I don't think we see it in Ep. III (don't answer that... :p)

2. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    It ownd!

Ani is a SWEAT saber wielder!

3. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    That was a cool chapter. Except I thought that they did the jumping towards each other clashing sabers mid-air thing a little bit too much in a 3 minute time span. I also likened Anakin slicing all the objects up that Asajj was throwing at him to his later battle with Luke on Cloud City. Very very entertaining.

4. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    OMG. Tonight's was my favorite. You could just see the Dark Side flowing through Anakin. The flashes of Obi-Wan and Yoda running through his mind as he went off on Asajj was just awesome. And, as Alex pointed out, very similar to Luke going off on him in ROTJ. Totally cool.

5. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    The flashes of Obi-Wan and Yoda running through his mind as he went off on Asajj was just awesome
    There was one other face in those flashes...Qui-Gon! Very poetic, since Qui-Gon was the one who had the most faith in Anakin. It was very much like the vision Master Yoda has in AOTC...faces/voices from the past surfacing to as warnings of the future.

I thought that they did the jumping towards each other clashing sabers mid-air thing a little bit too much
    That was very much like many foriegn martial arts films. My favorite was the one where they're flying (right to left) and Assajj attacks Anakin while in mid-air. This part of the story (the main sword battle) had a very anime feel to it (much like Samuri Jack)

This episode has a number of references to Luke's trials (bespin and Death Star II) only this time we see the father do the wrong things...and we see where it leads him. It makes that "I am a jedi...like my father before me" scene even more dramatic.

I thought it was cool how Anakin seemed to be learning "the tricks of the trade" in the battle...deflecting Force pushes, and throwing objects. He's using the same dirty tactics as Assajj was..."once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny"

One more chapter to go!!!

6. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!! WOW!!!!
    And he RAN THROUGH THAT FORCE PUSH!!!!! WOW!!!! RAW POWER!!! I CAN'T SAW WOW ENOUGH!!! WOW!

7. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I CAN'T WAIT FOR EPISODE 3!!! GENERAL GRIEVOUS IS AWESOME! Plus my Aayla finally showed up. [face_love]
    GO GRIEVOUS!

8. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    #20.....

[image=http://www.lwg3d.org/forums/images/smilies/LWGjawdrop.gif]
    I cant wait till Sat so I can watch all 20 at one time!

9. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I love when I walk in the door, and ask "did you tape CLONE WARS" and my padawan responds..."kinda?" :eek: She used the wrong tape (which ran out of tape) last night...and did the exact thing again TONIGHT. Fortunatly, she rewinded the tape enought so I caught most of tonight's episode...if only out of order.

I was wondering how Anakin was going to get off of Yavin 4...in my grieving for R4, I forgot all about Assajj's ship. He's already showing more of that "arrogance" that Obi-Wan hinted at in AOTC, and it's going to be interesting to see how he's gotten worse by Episode III.

General Grievous looks great, I'm curious how they're going to bring that kinda action to the big screen (CGI for sure) without making it too "cartoon-ish"

Things are starting to get pretty dark, and we're probably going to see many of the jedi we've come to know in the prequels die. Just don't kill off Aayla Secura on-screen (please)

10. DarthDurance

DarthDurance Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2004
    Pretty cool last two chapters. Except I had heard it was going to end with Palpetine getting captured somehow...

11. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I just hope the GL decides to continue the Clone Wars cartoon. Even if he sticks with the 3min shorts, the writing, the animation, and the action were all worth it!

12. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    GREVIUS IS AWSOME! I didn't even know you could squash a padawan...

13. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    OH MY GOD GRIEVOUS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!

Move over Vader, Maul, Malak, there's a new bada$$ in town. This guy's amazing with lightsabers! I love the way he twirls 'em around so fast, that's just crazy. Now I wish Episode III would just get here so I can see this dude in action again!

14. DarthDurance

Mar 29, 2004
    Speaking of the crushed padawan...since when did Shaggy join the Jedi? And where was Scoob?

15. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    "Oh man Scoob! We gotta get out of here. There's like dead Jedi everywhere!"

"Raggy! Wook Out!"

**Squash**

"I am Grevious, and I will grant you a stoner's death..."

16. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
  17. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    THE SHAGGY JEDI'S ACTUAL NAME IS SHA'A GI!

OH MY GOD THAT"S FRILLIN HILARIOUS!

From the databank" Sha'a Gi found the mental disiplins of the Jedi Order difficult"

Well duh, pot makes it hard to concentrate.

18. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    [image=http://www.durbnpoisn.com/images/faces/BigLaugh.gif][image=http://www.durbnpoisn.com/images/faces/troll2.gif]REY RAGGIE!

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    THE SHAGGY JEDI'S ACTUAL NAME IS SHA'A GI!
    I'm pretty sure that was done as a nod to Cartoon Network, for hosting the series. Either that, or the guys working on this chapter are HUGE Scooby-Doo fans. ;)

On a lighter note, wouldn't it be great if Sha'a Gi and company captured General Grievous:

Ki-Adi: Yes General Kenobi, the true identity of GG is...(removes helmet)
    JEDI: Chancellor Palpatine!!!!
    (long-winded explaination of how TPM was going to lead to the Empire)

Palatine: And I would have gotten away with it...if not for you meddling kids!

((Scooby-Doo emerges))
    SCOOBY-DOOBY_DOOOOO!

Don't forget to set your VCRs...Saturday night they are running marathons of all 20 chapters of Clone Wars!!!

20. DarthDurance

Mar 29, 2004
    LOL...OMG Krash you beat me to my punch...though you probably worded it better...THen I see it wasn't just me then...that was evryone's favorite hippie...

21. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Don't forget to set your VCRs...Saturday night they are running marathons of all 20 chapters of Clone Wars!!!

I knew there was something on tonight! Ah well. I watched Brother Bear instead. Just got finished with the commentary... with 2 Star Wars references with it. :)

I have them all taped... and I ran out of tape... going to have to get some more 8 hour tapes!

Sha'a Gi was modeled after Shaggy... they say it on the commentary. (You can get that on cartoonnetwork.com for anyone who doesn't think that they can watch the commentaries because they don't have Hyperspace.)

22. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I had almost all of them taped (last 2 got frelled up a bit) so I wanted to get them in order. Of course a marathon typically involves a lack of commercial interruption; to say nothing of these annoying "Teen Titan" cartoons.

23. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Hmm, I'm thinking I should shave all my facial hair but the chin area and don a Padawan braid for C3, and go as Sha'a Gi, haha.

24. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Nevermind this post...

25. DarthDurance

Mar 29, 2004
    After rewatching the series...I didn't notice til now the scrotum on the back of the squidheads...heads...very falic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.