main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Casting Call for Star Wars Episode VII!

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by dolphin, Feb 17, 2013.

1. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    As I said in the other thread about this:

This is 100% fake.

Here's the deal. People set up pages like this in order to sell things. In this case its this guys eBooks about making it as an actor and related topics. This is not a new angle for sleezy internet marketing, however I give him an A for creativity in this case. What many many people and companies do is set up sales pages to sell their products. The key is to set up sales pages with content that is likely to attract attention. Here we have a page set up to act as a casting call for the new Star Wars film. Along with all the info about the film, which is all the rumors we already know, you also have links to purchase these ebooks. They are intended to look natural to the page content so that you, the reader, believe that you need to buy this product in order to have a chance at a role in Ep VII, or at least they hope you do.

And yes, people/companies who do this open all kinds of fake pages to seem legit if you Google them, including Twitter pages, IMDB accounts, Facebook, multiple blogs, and so on.

FAKE.

I can't believe TFN ran this story.

Darth Chiznuk and LawJedi like this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    TFN just updated the story. The gist for people who are too lazy to check it out? Just ask Senator Vreenak!

3. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Or Admiral Ackbar / Emma Stone!

my kind of scum likes this.
  4. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    So if I've heard back that I'm hired, then what the hell am I hired for???? Is this how the seedy underbelly of Hollywood Babylon really works???

5. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    You can still go, there's just a good chance that you'll wake up in a bathtub full of ice in a seedy motel missing a kidney. But, hey, there also might be a chance you'll be an extra in a friggin Star Wars movie. That's a coinflip.

6. L0RD VADER

L0RD VADER Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I can't believe such an obvious fake has stirred so much attention that it ended up on TFN main page

7. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Fake. Seriously, can you imagine the swarm of people they would get from a casting call like this? Too much information. Also, it makes no sense that it mentions EU and the other movies to come.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Darn, I missed all the excitement over this one. The last time I go on vacation! Oh well, to quote the wonderful Elaine Benes, "Fake, fake, fake, fake!"

dolphin likes this.
  9. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I love this thread!

I'd like to think TF.n saw the thread, contacted LF, which then resulted in their response. That would mean we are all indirectly responsible for a LF statement! Yay! Hugs and High fives all around!

Of course that pales in comparison to us having a direct impact on a scene in AOTC. That was the highlight.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.