main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion [Castle] Can you feel the 'Heat'?

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by brodiew, Jan 25, 2011.

1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    First of all this thread needs a new title. I saw that other fandom thread names were a question placed after the title. Help?

Secondly, I thought it was time to post a thread for one of my top three fandoms, Castle. The premise is that of thriller author partnering with a NYPD detective as research for a new series of novels. No sooner does he meet her that he falls for her. She was not as quickly enamored, but soon began to see that there might be something to man.

So here are a few questions; since it seems the thing to do in these threads:

Who is your favorite character?

Do you have a favorite episode?

What is your favorite aspect of the show(writing, acting, etc.)?

Last, but not least, Will Castle and Beckett get together? When?

At first, I was skeptical about this show, but it grew on me quickly. The banter between the two leads is very 'Thin Man', if you're familiar with the old movie series starring William Powell and Myrna Loy. The dialogue sparkles and the two leads have a great chemistry. It makes the will they/won't they aspect of the show very intriguing.

The supporting cast is also excellent and ads a great dimesion of humor and humanity to the show. As much as it is a police procedural, it is much more. In some shows, it is evident that the cast is like a family. I think this is tre of Castle on and off screen.

If there are those interesting in a challenge, I'd be open to that discussion. Especially in light of last nights episode! The was definitely more to that kiss than a cover story.

I'd lvoe to hear from you, so please coming on in and drop a line. You're thoughts and opinions are welcome!

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Who is your favorite character? - This is a tough one. Castle followed very very closely by Ryan.

Do you have a favorite episode? - The recent Nikki Heat episode hasn't made me laugh so hard in ages.

What is your favorite aspect of the show(writing, acting, etc.)? - The chemistry. Sure the show is forumlaic. It's silly. A few times it's downright implausible. But the actors just click. There is so much love on this show between it's actors that you can't help but feel pulled in to their family.

Last, but not least, Will Castle and Beckett get together? When? - Eventually. Maybe. Probably not for another season, and even then, it's not going to be pretty, since the sexual tension between them is part of the conflict that drives the show.

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Castle. Then Beckett, and Ryan. I also have a soft spot for Alexis. [face_love]

The most recently broadcast one. [face_hypnotized] While I love the show's silliness, I also love it when they drop the silliness and go into complete and utter :eek: .

Miana, I have to disagree with you - the episode with the Nikki Heat actress drove me nuts, mostly because I was going "OMG! Method acting noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! *hyperventilation and facepalming*" throughout the entire thing. It was a good idea, but I really didn't like how the actress ended up being looked upon favourably at the end. Just... no. No... agh...!

Apologies. Conflict of acting interests. 8-}

What is your favorite aspect of the show (writing, acting, etc.)?
    This is an incredibly fun show. The actors click, the writing is enjoyable, the belligerent sexual tension between Castle and Becektt is hilarious... It reminds me of Bones, and I actually like it better, possibly because it hasn't been as extended (yet) as Bones, which is kind of running into a rut as a show. :p

Last, but not least, will Castle and Beckett get together? When?
    Yes. Not now. Probably closer to when they decide to finish off the show - which, I'm hoping, will last another season, but I don't want to see it go on forever. A show like this can only go on for so long before the UST between the two leads just becomes tiresome. See Bones for examples. :p

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    *punches air*

YES! It's so good to see this up. [face_love]

Beckett. :cool: Sooooo much girl power. [face_love]

After that, I adore Alexis, and Brodie has me in love with the idea of Lannie/Esposito. [face_batting]

Just watched the latest one last night. There is sooooo much to love!! [face_love]

What is your favorite aspect of the show(writing, acting, etc.)?

The sheer chemistry between the characters. Sometimes the show itself stretches incredulity, but the wonderful bantering and bickering and team-brilliance between the characters makes up for anything. And Mister Fillion brings back all sorts of happy Firefly memories. [face_love]

Last, but not least, Will Castle and Beckett get together? When?

The very last episode - which will hopefully include one more season after this. :p

The writers are going to be mean. [face_laugh]

[face_dancing]

~MJ @};-

5. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    I know this thread has been neglected, but there is nothing like a jaw dropping season finale to make it relevant again.

So, what did you think?

I'll be messaging a mod for the ok, but this seems to beg for a writing challenge. Is anyone interested?

My, but that was the best finale so far!

6. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    All I can say is wow. Every other season finale has a lot to live up to. I cried during this season finale. Not just tears in my eyes but literally tears ran down my face.

But a plot bunny came to me. And I will act upon it. I swear!

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I just finished the season.

And I hated it. A LOT.

Obviously, Kate's going to live, but that Mongomery plotline was terrible! they could have made anyone that third cop--as in, a new character. If the actor wanted out, they could have just retired the character--he said he was going to retire; all they had to do was not add that joke about him always retiring and he could have just retired.

But I'm looking forward to new fanfics!!

8. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    I've unlocked this because...well because having these two almost die multiple times without confessing their feelings is getting Rediculous! My affection for the show is ebbing, however slowly. I'm hoping for a real, bonafide kiss by the,season ender.

What do you think of awkward moment after awkward moment?

Ironically, I don't want them falling into bed either.

How ate you feeling about Castle and Beckett these days?

Can you stand another lame post near drowning scene?

Feel free to chime in.[face_whistling]

9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    The problem with UST is that it gets old after a while, and shows tend to jump the shark when they do get together.

I definitely preferred earlier seasons, but I'm not giving up ... but we'll see what happens during the rest of the season.