main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Cat litter" (re-loaded), an old fanfic in a new coat

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Sep 8, 2012.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Grianan saved one crazy bastard. She and Lucien are together now
    A nice post

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005

@SWpants666, Lady_Misty, earlybird-obi-wan, DarthUncle, Tyranus230, Gkilkenny, Sinrebirth, Chilla

The wedding ceremony was held in the open, to provide visibility and space for the many guests that had come. The lack of my other siblings around meant that they were busy with a surprise at Dún Barr.

It fell on Éleos to deliver me to my husband. As the customs of the Udalers demanded, he bore a sword that would be my wedding gift for Luçien.

The three grooms each made a sacrifice to the gods of Draconis: Skje Jörd killed a goat to Dealg; Luçien, a sow to Ischáh; and Ciall O´Maoilrian,a boar to Darach. The blood of the slaughtered animals was caught in a consecrated bowl. The flesh would later be a part of the actual wedding feast.

Sionnach paled considerably during this gyðja, but managed not to faint. It amazed me just how much liquid a small animal could hold.

Following the exchange of the swords, we exchanged our rings. They stood for the unbreakable nature of the wedding vows. Luçien said it aloud for us:

“We swear by peace and love to stand,
    Heart to heart,and hand to hand.
    Mark, O Force, and hear us now,
    Confirming this, our Sacred Vow.”

His words still echoed in the air when Sionnach stepped in front of us, beaming. She opened her arms and quoted an old Elfin wedding blessing, which she had altered slightly.

“May he Force be with you and bless you,
    May you see your children's children;
    May you be poor in misfortune and rich in blessings;
    May you know nothing but happiness from this day forward.

May joy and peace surround you both,
    Contentment latch your door,
    And happiness be with you now and
    May the Force bless you evermore, forever more,
    May you live
    Fill your life with trust, and nurture lifelong affection,
    May your lifelong And allow your dreams to come true for you, move ever that direction.

May the road rise to meet you,
    May the wind be always at your back,
    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    The and the rains fall soft upon your fields.
    May the light of friendship guide your paths together.
    May the laughter of children grace the halls of your home.
    May the joy of living for each
    other trip a smile from your lips, a twinkle from your eye.
    And when eternity beckons,
    at the end of the a life heaped high filled with love,
    May the Force embrace you
    with the arms that have nurtured you,
    the whole length of your joy-filled days.
    And, today, may the Spirit of Love
    find a dwelling place in your hearts.”

Instead of staying with the wedding party, my husband led me deep into the woods. The guests were busy watching Ciall carrying Draíocht over the threshold of the hunting lodge.

My blood raced at the feel of Luçien’s fingers intermingled with mine. “Another abduction?” I joked teasingly.

He was not offended. “If you really want me to, I can drag you over the forest floor by your hair. In the old days this was the official wedding custom around here. But make no mistake; it will hurt.”

“I like holding hands for now.” I squeezed his hand lightly and continued walking.

“Good,” he chuckled. “I did not feel like picking nettles out of your clothing later on.”

I smiled but didn’t say anything else.

We walked in silence until I saw the star ferry of Parhelion glittering in the moon light. I mockingly raised my eyebrow. “No hand-fastening ceremony?”

His smile made my stomach flutter. “Why would I want to tie our hands together with a ribbon? I promised to never tie you up again. No, I have a better idea for spending the night with you.”

His half-brother walked towards us, casually. He wore civilian clothing only, looking strange without clerical robes.

“I thought you were at Dún Barr, Parhelion,” I exclaimed.

“Luçien asked me to return for the two of you. Since Heulwen stole his star cruiser, I seem to be his own interstellar travel agency.”

“And where might we be going?” I asked mildly.

Luçien cupped my face with both hands. “To where it all began. Where we first set eyes at each other.”

The prayer that I used is originated from a Catholic prayer book and slightly altered that it fits better into the SW universe.

The blessing that Sionnach speaks is an old Irish one, also altered here and there to give it a reference with the Force.

See you all next Friday with the first part of "Cat litter, Chapter 42". I bet you all want to know where our honeymooners are off to.

3. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Very beautiful!

Religious references are sometimes the basis for somethings. that are used in both pro and fan fiction. I used cursing for for the Ashlans and then I used something I heard as a child from others for the basis of a punishment.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A beautiful wedding ceremony with those poems^:)^

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Thanks for the background on the beautiful prayers!

As the customs of the Udalers demanded, he bore a sword that would be my wedding gift for Luçien.

Swords are fun :)

May the Force embrace you
    with the arms that have nurtured you,

Love it!

“Another abduction?” I joked teasingly.

One she wouldn't mind, I'm sure.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Oh, good to know! :)

Well, there will be more wedding business soon. Because this part of the story was written in a time when a lot of my friends married. So I had some inspiration. O:)

Okay, a new update! Because it is weekend and you guys seem to need new stuff here!

earlybird-obi-wan, Lady_Misty, SWpants666, Gkilkenny, DarthUncle, Tyranus230, Sinrebirth

Chapter 42: Destined to play

When we landed at the Holy Isle of Cunabula, I felt a community awareness of my safe return. My people were happy for me, but they stayed inside their houses, granting my husband and me absolute privacy. Telepaths are polite.

Parhelion said something about a wedding surprise in progress, and flew off again.

When Luçien and I walked over the great plaza, I saw three shapes on a roof. Mora, Aranea and Luna gave me a thumbs up. I could not help but giggle.

“What is so funny?” Luçien wanted to know.

“I tell you another time!” I beamend, feeling alive and re-born.

After a short walk, we stood in front of the staircase of the royal pyramid, framed by a million of orchids.

“So, are you ready for me?” I demanded to know sneakily.

He lifted me up with a smile and kissed me. His silence was all the answer I needed.

By the time we arrived in the royal bedchamber I was not able to return the kiss with artistry any more. It was pure passion and instinct. I fumbled with his shirt and ran my hands up over his chest.

He interrupted our kiss, chuckling mildly. “So eager!”

“What else would you expect?” I answered a little hoarsely. “I’ve waited long enough.”

Luçien caressed my hair, smoothing the curls back from my left ear. “You deserve a fitting reward.”

Soon his hands and lips were everywhere.

We drifted into sleep together at the first rays of day light, holding hands.

I woke up due to Éleos and Daná glowering down on me. Their snaky stares startled me.

[​IMG]

“You are getting good at vanishing,” my sister let me know sourly. “We were all very concerned!”

“You came all the way up the pyramid to tell me that?” I asked, placing the thin cotton bedsheets decently over my husband and myself.

Daná roared, “Off to Dún Barr with you, Gri.”

I could feel the deep rumble of amusement in my husband´s chest.

“It smells of cat up here!” Daná shot Luçien a poisonous look and stormed away. “How can you live with that stench, Gri?”

Éleos lingered on a bit longer. “Of all possible places, did it really need to be this bed chamber?”

“This place always has been her sanctuary,” my husband said, raising an eyebrow. “I wanted her to be at ease with me.”

Daná’s shrill voice rose up to us. “I am still waiting! Don´t make me come and get you, Gri!”

“Éleos, the ship will take too long,” I sighed. “There is a short cut to Dún Barr through a forgotten porta nigra in the bowels of the castle. The girls and I found it around my fourth birthday.”

“I wonder what else your best friends and you have in stock for me. Those secrets seem to pile up.”

Daná and Boreas had planned a true Amnionian wedding at Dún Barr for themselves and also for Luçien and me. The engagement ceremony took place in the royal library, where the bride and groom were supposed to exchange their rings. It did not matter to anybody that my husband and I had done so several times already. My sister insisted on keeping to the tradition.

As there was no bride mother to give away the dowry, Caelestris took up the task. She handed over some symbolic household items to Daná: the keys of the castle, a hammock from Cunabula and a cookery pot from the Mare Coloris.

I received a copy of my favourite love novel from the royal library, a jungle orchid in a flower pot, and a pole weapon from Ombra´s tribe.

After an exchange of hugs and kisses we all went into the dining room for the actual wedding reception. It turned out to be a huge party filled with old friends. During the night, Parhelion had flown back to Amnion and collected the family members of the Kyrene clan who were not on Aconite´s side. There were also former school friends and neighbours of Boreas.

The nicest surprise was the presence of Aunt Calothrix and Cousin Khion. I had not counted on them crossing Uncle Kairos. They had asked for political sanctuary on Draconis. The procedures were already running.

The entire staff of Dún Barr was also present. Those who were not serving drinks or food had blended in with the other guests.

The physical traditions filled me with glee. Dishes were smashed on the floor for good luck. Money was thrown at the musicians. Trays with candy-coated almonds, also known as koufeta were served to everybody. Our wedding guests presented more money and more wedding gifts for both couples.

Everybody wanted us to have luck and fortune, too. My cheeks were sore from getting kissed. Yet it made me happy. My husband lived in my world now, where touch, closeness and love were essential.

A freshly wedded Sionnach turned up in the middle of the celebration, her entire clan in tow. “We meant to be here earlier, but...” she trailed off with a flushed face and an embarrassed smile.

I spotted some love marks on her slender neck and gripped her hand silently. Together, we watched Éibhear and Garou embracing their father enthusiastically.

Skje Jörd greeted me hastily, dragged towards the buffet by his son Skylt.

Ruadhan Ahearne and his soul brother Ciall O´Maoilrian gave me a nod as they passed by, engaged in a discussion.

Sionnach offered an explanation. “Da smelled something familiar on the way to the castle and is worried.”

“Ah,” I said and hoped that Taran would not carry murderous plans in his heart for tonight. “You know, we have Force knights to keep the premises in check.”

“You mean the eleven guys at the bar?” suggested Sionnach.

“Well, those men have the evening off. But there is still a variety of fovea centralis agents on duty.”

“Minus three,” stated Sionnach.

Aranea, Mora and Luna had the nerve to march by with extra large caipirinha glasses.

“I see!” snickered Sionnach. “I feel safer already. At least there are enough Shesha to prevent the worst.”

We leaned closer together, smiling from all the activities around us.

“I like your dress, Grianán,” my cousin said cheerfully. “You should wear Amnionian tunics more often. They suit you.”

“They would be ridiculous with the weather around here! Besides, my siblings find me eccentric and self-focused already.”

We had to laugh again.

Heulwen stared at us from her place next to the band. Her look was difficult to read.

“Is there a way to fix that?” I lowered my voice and leaned closer to Sionnach’s ear.

“Garou advised me to give it some time before we try to talk to her.”

Sionnach changed the subject suddenly. “I had to tell Caelestris the truth. She had the right to know that the majority of her memories had been altered by Luçien.”

My lips brushed her left cheek sisterly. “You are a better judge of people than I am.”

Daná´s thoughts drilled straight into my mind. She had not done that in a very long time. “Hey, Gri! Move it. We want to finish the ceremony this century.”

(To be continued!)

7. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    “So, are you ready for me?” I demanded to know sneakily.

If she said 'no' he should have just left her :p

He interrupted our kiss, chuckling mildly. “So eager!”

Shut up! You're ruining her moment!

The end of that, before the picture, was cute.

“This place always has been her sanctuary,” my husband said, raising an eyebrow. “I wanted her to be at ease with me.”

*snort* took him too long to feel that way.

After an exchange of hugs and kisses we all went into the dining room for the actual wedding reception. It turned out to be a huge party filled with old friends.

That is the best!

“Ah,” I said and hoped that Taran would not carry murderous plans in his heart for tonight.

I'm sure he doesn't :)

Heulwen stared at us from her place next to the band. Her look was difficult to read.

“Is there a way to fix that?” I lowered my voice and leaned closer to Sionnach’s ear.

Ugh. It may be beyond hope to fix HER.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    At parties girls will sooner or later comment on dresses.

Sounds like a regular reunion. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A great party. Love to see all happy and united

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Nice and cozy happy event, I could almost wish it ended here, but there are still some interesting threads to follow,I gather. So congrats on the festive interlude you managed to give your protagonists ;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. Tyranus230

Tyranus230 Jedi Master star 7

Feb 16, 2005
    That's a happy time. I have a feeling something will happen.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    just caught up, missed so much.^:)^

He was not offended. “If you really want me to, I can drag you over the forest floor by your hair. In the old days this was the official wedding custom around here. But make no mistake; it will hurt.”

“I like holding hands for now.” I squeezed his hand lightly and continued walking.

they are happy now:) Nice calm and happiness, but will it last.@};-

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

Everybody thanks for reading and commenting. In my fanart is also a certain Disney/ SW crossover that waits for comments. Pretty please!

As for now, my new update for you guys.

Skje Jörd had volunteered to be the official koumbaros, the best man,for Luçien. One of his many duties included putting our wedding crowns on. Thestefana consisted of entwined ribbons in white and silver, painted with blossoms and vines. Daná and I also wore red veils to keep evil spirits at bay.

Luçien kept his dazzling smile onme during all the traditional wedding dances. One was the kalamatiano, a traditional handkerchief dance; we all held on to a cotton handkerchief to connect us.

As the hours waned, all the candles and chandeliers were extinguished to allow the silvery light of the moon to shine in. We participated in an ancient circle dance from Terra called choreia. It was during that dance that Mora approached me.

“There is a message for you from your godfather. He would like you to meet him at the West Tower immediately.”

I scanned the ballroom for my husband, who was engaged into a conversation with Éleos and another Force knight. “He didn’t even want to come down to eat?”

“We carried some food upstairs when the party began.”

I nodded. “I better hurry then.”

Taran had his back to me when I tried to sneak up on him. Despite the cool weather, he only wore a light Elfin tunic and suitable silk breeches. His massive hair was combed and braided. I had almost reached the impressive werewolf when his bellowing laughter filled the air around us.

“Silly lass!”

He engulfed me in a hug before I could blink.

“I could smell you the moment you left the wedding company.”

I hugged him back fiercely. “You exaggerate, Carcra!”

“Okay, I had you in my nose when you started climbing up the stairs.” He tickled me under my armpits sneakily.

I shrieked with glee.

“Does your husband know that you are so touch-sensitive? Oh, of course he does. Otherwise he would have not done his worst to break you, little Seeker.”

I frowned. “The girls told you everything?”

“It was me who cleaned the hunting lodge before Sionnach´s wedding party came. I burned your ruined clothing. I scrubbed away your bile in Luçien´s bedchamber. I did my best to clean that mattress of your urine. I hid all his medical supplies somewhere deep in the forest.” He frowned suddenly, regarding me thoughtfully under his thick eyebrows. “Mandrake root. Night-shade. Wolfs-bane. You have such a forgiving nature.”

“Please forgive him as well!” I begged.

He tackled me to the ground. “The things I do to make you happy,” he said before tickling me again.

Like two wolf whelps, we rolled over the floor before colliding with a pair of black sandals and copper skin.

Taran helped me to get up, scowling slightly at his old hunting pal. Then he said, “My godchild seems happy with you, Luçien. It would be more than impolite to kill you.”

“Godchild? When did you...?”

Taran gave him a dark lookthat made even me dizzy. “In the aftermath of Suaimhneas, of course. Grianán was in need of a new protector. It had to be me. We have a shared history and shared suffering, the lass and I.”

Luçien´s high cheekbones worked for a while before he said, “I thank you for nursing her back to health. Were you really with her the entire winter?”

“You used Force lightning and poisonous tattoo ink on her. They both take time to heal.” He ran a badly shaking hand through his hair. “Why the freck did you enter the royal crypts of Cunabula? Did it ever occur to you that the Undead down there want our Grianán to be a fallen angel, tainted for all eternity?”

I saw that Luçien´s shoulders stiffened, but that was the only reaction that he showed.

“See you soon, Carcra!” I kissed Taran briefly. “And please do not murder Ruadhan.”

“I will go and finish off the lamb chops instead of the guests.”

“Just remember, the barbecue sauces are in bowls on a table.”

He laughed and went off.

When Luçien and I left the West Tower, Daná came running towards us. She went into combat position the very moment that she set eyes on me.

The Tiger style's combat strategy was meant to destroy one opponent with a relentless and unrestrained attack. It was considered a powerful method, designed to shock somebody into fear and panic. But with the two of us using it on each other,the result was disaster on both sides. Daná suffered as much serious injuries than I did.

An old pro-verb from Terra said: ´When two tigers fight, one will die, but the other will be crippled.´Under the wide open eyes of Luçien, we fought each other hard and dirty. Our wedding dresses were torn in no time and the stefana crowns broken.

When I had tired of the charade, I actually allowed Daná to win. While she pressed her sandals into my face she screeched, “It is not about who cuts into our wedding cake! But did it ever occur to you that you might hurt Heulwen´s feelings?”

“About what?” The sandal drilled harder into my skin. My jaw was strained.

“That thing murdered her mother in front of her when she was a baby.”

It was Luçien who spoke for me, “Is Heulwen in the dining room?”

“No!” Her nostrils flared. “Lucky for all of us she is not. Your sons decided to bring her to bed before the werewolf walked in.”

I asked her the same question that I had posed in front of Aconite recently. “Feel better now?”

“Yes, actually I do.” I let her lift me up from the floor with one strong, elegant pull. “Heulwen hates you, Gri, and it gives me pleasure that you will need to work your little arse off to win her love.”

I laughed haughtily. “I love you, too.”

“Glad you finally say that. I was not sure any more. You always seemed to trust the blasted rat pack more than you did me. They knew about your love for Luçien. I never did.” Her gaze scanned me. “You look awful.”

“Says who?” I joked and brushed softly at the remains of her tunic.

Bitter tears ran over her bruised face. “In the past we had bled together, fought our battles shoulder to shoulder. Yet you turned to those girls for help, and not me, your own flesh and blood.”

Now I also had to cry.

“You do some foolish things sometimes, Gri. Yet I can´t help but love you, even when you constantly break my heart.”

Luçien watched us in silence. I was fully aware that he was thinking about Isabeau and all that could have been between them if he had made different choices.

Suddenly, Daná roared with supreme laughter. “Look at you! If Isa would be alive she would make us do five-hundred push-ups!”

“Nay!” A tooth had come lose and I spit it out. “She would scold us for mentioning the dead by name. Then she would have beaten us with bamboo sticks. Afterwards she would have sprinkled salt into our wounds for such a lack of discipline and bad countenance.”

“Countenance!” Daná giggled. The sound was like music to my ears. “Remind me again what that was. I might need that skill as the future god queen.”

I made myself sound like our old Nanny. “Countenance is the very trade that distinguishes a lady from a mere animal. You should show it outside your homestead at any occasion.”

We looked at each other in silence for a moment before simultaneously bowing to each other like to huntresses meeting in the desert after a successful hunt. Luçien knew that gesture very well and smiled dimly.

Daná slid her hand trustfully in mine and we walked back to the ballroom.

@SWpants666

@Lady_Misty

@earlybird-obi-wan

@DarthUncle

@Tyranus230

@Gkilkenny

@Sinrebirth

@Chilla

14. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Still some anger there. :(

It would be hard to forgive after all of what Gri went through.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Do I detect warm feelings for Lucien here?

It does sometimes happen :p

I had almost reached the impressive werewolf when his bellowing laughter filled the air around us.

“Silly lass!”

He engulfed me in a hug before I could blink.

I love Taran

He frowned suddenly, regarding me thoughtfully under his thick eyebrows. “Mandrake root. Night-shade. Wolfs-bane. You have such a forgiving nature.”

Seriously.

When I had tired of the charade, I actually allowed Daná to win. While she pressed her sandals into my face she screeched, “It is not about who cuts into our wedding cake! But did it ever occur to you that you might hurt Heulwen´s feelings?”

Sometimes the things that occur in this fic confuse me. Like...seriously? Dana, you don't viciously attack someone like that. You talk to them, yell at them, even shake them. You're freaking psychotic and I have no need for you. Leave.

And then she's just okay. I really can't deal with those kind of mood swings

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Pants, dearie, Dána and Grianán are daughters of Arcana who was famous for mood swings. And do not forget that both young women are humanoids and NOT fully human. Their culture is different to ours.

[:D]

But after watching the latest episode of "Banshee" I think that violence is also a big part in our human culture as well. Look at the movies of Quentin Tarantino!

17. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    I still don't have to like it :p

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Jedi mind tricks or evil sith persuasion attempts never would work on you! [face_laugh]

19. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Oh no. It's like when kids pout at me. I laugh at them ;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    :p So you laugh straight into the face of evil!

21. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    [face_laugh] sometimes!!!!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. Tyranus230

Tyranus230 Jedi Master star 7

Feb 16, 2005
    Yes, I am strong in the force. DarthUncle's microphone sounds like Alvin lately, so no inside information.

I had a feeling a dramatic scene would pop up, and Dana proved it to be true.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Action packed update and all those emotions

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    :D Thanks for reading and making me grin, guys!

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Chapter 43: Moonlight dancing

Do not be alarmed!” Daná called out as we entered the ballroom again. “There are differences in every family now and then. But never forget, sunshine follows each rain fall.”

Norn, George and Carrie were among those who laughed the hardest.

Let me assure you, all is well between me and my beloved sister Grianán! Please, continue to enjoy this wedding party. There is still enough food and drink for everybody.”

I poked her in the ribs.

“Oh yes, of course.” Daná moved her hands through her hair, trying to focus on what to say next. “Some of you might have wondered why Commander Cú Síth is among us. Grianán has decided to present you her wonderful godfather tonight.”

I heard a few gasps. I did not need to look into the direction of Sionnach to know where they came from.

“Commander, it is an honour to have you here tonight.”

Taran gave Daná a bright grin. But suddenly, there were two of him and the ballroom became blurry around the edges.

“Dizzy,” I whispered, more to myself than to anybody else. I felt my body start to tilt.

“That amazes you? I never witnessed such a vicious cat fight before,” Luçien purred. He put one hand on my upper arm, relaxed and natural so as not to draw attention to my lack of balance. His penetrating eyes travelled slowly upward from my feet to my head, where they lingered.

“I.. I... you... you...”, I stuttered, bewildered by the fact that his features were skewed.

“Hush, my love. No need to talk. Spare your energy.” He gently pulled me into his arms and kissed my hand lightly. “You have a severe concussion and internal bleeding. So does your sister.”

That was the last thing I comprehended.

Even in my pain-induced delirium, I noticed that our wedding bed was decorated with almonds. My siblings had not left out any of the Amnionian wedding traditions.

Luçien placed me on the mattress, while Sionnach traced the edge of my jaw with a finger. “How, in the name of the Force did she lose that tooth?”

“You don´t want to know,” my husband said wearily. “But thank you for coming along and assisting me.”

“You are very welcome, Luçien.” Sionnach let her fingers wander over my ribs. “We better combine our healing powers, like in the old days. I want to be sure that there is no fracture unattended.”

“Me neither.”

Soon, white light covered me from head to toe. I closed my eyes dreamingly, feeling boneless and liquid. Time lost its meaning. There was just the Living Force and deep peace.

“Try not to pick another fight any time soon, Grianán,” I heard Sionnach say from far away. “And Luçien? Make her see a tooth specialist soon.”

He sniffed indignantly. “I cannot make my wife do things, but I will certainly bring the urgency of such a visit to her attention.”

My cousin´s steps were light when she left the room.

“Do you trust me?” Luçien asked softly after a long silence.

I opened my eyes slowly and just looked at him.

“Do you trust me?” he repeated patiently.

“I am trying my best.” My voice was calm, but my hands began to shake. I pressed them flat against my belly to still them. “Especially after last night.”

“That is an answer I can live with.” Luçien walked to the head of the bed. “Now close your eyes again, if you please.”

I did his bidding, my heart racing fast.

“Relax! I promise that this won’t hurt.”

I heard the slosh of water in a bowl. Then something wet and soft touched my feet. My eyes flew open again in surprise.

“A chasseuse gets washed by her husband when she returns home with her prey. The feet are always done first.” He winked at me, holding a huge sponge in his hands. “That is the tradition of my people.”

I gathered my courage in a deep breath. “Would...would you rather we bathe together and do this? And not only my feet?”

At the breakfast table the next morning, Daná and Boreas had a surprise for everybody. “We will go on honeymoon for an entire sun month, sailing the Southern Isles with a clipper,” Daná stated over her large mound of pancakes. “That leaves you, Blandita chiara, in charge of the government affairs. Only ask Caelestris and Gri for help when it is really necessary. They need a holiday, too.”

Our sister blinked. “But I am a violinist.”

“The Draconian state orchestra has no appointments this sun month. I checked.”

“But I am no good with government affairs. They give me a headache.”

“Acting as a god queen is much like playing an instrument.” Daná spread a generous amount of powdered sugar. A white cloud formed over her plate. “Therefore I trust you to make the right choices when Boreas and I are gone.”

Aranea, who sat opposite of her, grinned. “Your wish is my order, Your Royal Highness. I bet the Department of Defence will not mind either.”

“Nope,” answered Luna with a full mouth, her lips smeared with chocolate paste. “Have fun, goldilocks; secure the line of succession.”

Daná exchanged a tender look with Boreas. “We already might have done so the day Gri went missing, but it is too early to say.”

Valiant, who was on duty in the breakfast room, stated loud and distinct, “No, it is not. You have been pregnant for approximately five weeks and expect twins. I found out when I healed you last night. So no more vendettas for you.”

“Twins. Who would have thought?” Daná gave us all a radiant smile, excited about the prospect of motherhood. Suddenly, she turned serious again. “Luçien?”

“Yes, Your Divine Majesty?”

“I spoke with Éleos. You are on honeymoon leave for an entire sun month as well. The Force knights can wait for your company. My sister is to be your only priority.”

(To be continued!)

@SWpants666

@earlybird-Obi-Wan

@Lady_Misty

@Gkilkenny

@Tyranus230

@DarthUncle

@sinrebirth