main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary CCFF Website

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Luke_Starkiller, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Hey guys what is the url to your website so i can add it to the links section on the Pittsburgh website?

2. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, we have two right now:

There's one I did, and one Luke_Starkiller did.

I think we're still talking about domains and stuff.

3. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Hey Mogook, can you put a link to the Planetarium Website like Luke did? The information is at the end of page one of this thread.

4. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I sure can.

5. Luke_Starkiller

Luke_Starkiller Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Mogook,

Your site looks awsome! I think using it as the main page would be perfect! If you need any info from me (i.e. where I got the code for the SW.com news), let me know and I can PM or e-mail it to you.

6. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Thanks Luke, right now I don't think there's much info I need. But maybe we should soon start discussing a line or something.

7. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Thanks Mogook, it looks awesome!

8. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    No problem, thanks.

9. Lolipon

Lolipon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 28, 1999
    Ok, Im too lazy to look for one of the icon threads so I'll post it here. :) I added a new spork icon with the MD Flag behind it, I think Sapient suggested it. Any comments are welcome. :D oh yeah, link

10. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
  11. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, I suppose there can be a link section with links to member sites.

12. BobaFett420

BobaFett420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2001
    Let me know if I can be of any help. I happen to work for an Internet Application Services provider, and I have extensive experience in Photoshop. My services are at your disposal.

:: bows humbly ::

13. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    Hey Mogook, nice looking site! :)

14. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Thanks Derth! And Boba, if I need your help, I won't hesitate to ask. Thanks.

15. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I have plans to redesign the site to make it more functional. Today, I drew a quick design and I hope to get to work on it soon. But, I know I've been harping on this, I'd like to have a domain for the site. We can get our own domain for $8.95 a year and hosting for about $21-23 a year. That comes out to roughly $2.50 a month for both. And when this 2.50 is broken it up, it's pocket change. So, if you'd like, we can start a poll for what domain we should have. If anyone has any ideas, reply and we can start a new thread about it.

16. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I've spent the entire afternoon working on the new design, and it's pretty cool looking.

I made some more calculations. The domain would cost $8.95 a year and the hosting would cost at most $23 a year. That comes to $31.95 a year. I figure there's atleast 12 people in this fanforce because that's how many people voted on the icon poll. Take 31.95, divide it by 12, we get about $2.66. That's oh. And, if we know of more people in the group, then it's cheaper. Not bad folks. Just $2.66 a year! (that's only about 22 cents a month.)

17. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    Mogook,

I would agree that is a great bargin. I would also advocate the possibility of dues. Annual dues of, say, $10 per year would not only cover the cost of the website, but defray other potential costs as well (i.e. birthday cards for members or some such...). Something to talk about at the next meeting. I know I won't be able to be there, but if anyone wants my opinion, feel free to e-mail or PM me.

EDIT: I do realize that charging dues will require us to look at becoming a non-profit, but we may want to start looking at that path, anyhow. Just my .02

18. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    The fee thing might work, maybe make it around $5 or something. And it would go to buying food or supplies.

Luke, how do you go about becoming a non-profit org?

19. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    I know that we will have to check with the Maryland Chamber of Commerce. Even calling a local one should get all of the info (or at least a point in the right direction - I worked on this with a synagogue in CT, so the laws are probobly different).

20. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Well if we were to go non-profit, then we would be doing things like fundraisers for charities, which we could look into for future events but as far as charging dues for members for things like picnics and trips and stuff, I don't think we have to be licensed as a non-profit organization. The money we put into the organization is coming from members and not outside individuals and the money covers things that we as members will be using. But there may be different circumstances here in Baltimore that require us to be non-profit if we are collecting money so we might need to look into that before we start charging dues and such.

21. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    The Tri-State Astronomers have a non-profit statis in Hagerstown, MD. We find it really useful. Ask Roz for what he thinks.

22. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    DRK_HLMT, that's a good point. All the money coming in is from us, for us. But I'll take Isbeth's suggestion and send a message to Rox to see what is best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.