main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

cele V

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by gracefuljedi, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005

hmmmm.... yes. This could work well. Chicago.

And Rick would like to have a Celebration in Australia.
    Finally I wouldn't have to fly half way around the world.

How's Chicago for hotels near the convention centre?

2. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    *imitates Vader*
    NOOOOOOOOOO!
    Anywhere...ANYWHERE but there! I would take Arizona, Washington, Idaho, Oregon, Nevada...heck, I'd even take Minnesota if it meant staying out of the Windy City.
    Can you imagine the regular busy traffic at O'Hare getting further clogged with a couple thousand Star Wars fans? :eek: Sheer chaos.

Why? That makes FOUR Celebrations held in the Midwest. No fair. :_|

*rant over*

I guess it's fate. Us West-Coasters get gypped again. :rolleyes:

Where's Murphy? I need to kill him. [face_beatup]

3. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    I think it would only be the 3rd: 2 in Indy
    1 possible in Chicago

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Yeah, Chicago would suck for traffic. The west coast got the last Celebration, I wouldn't mind seeing the east coast get the next.

5. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I think if it's anywhere but Orlando I probably won't be attending. I pretty much just hung out with my friends and I can do that at home. I go to Orlando every year and I would just have that be my vacation. Who knows, I said I wouldn't got o LA and did so anything possible :)

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I vote for Honolulu.

7. Darth-Caedus

Darth-Caedus Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2007
    WOOOT!!! CHICAGO YAYYY!!! I live downtown about 5min from the new Convention Center that was just built. It would be sooo awesome if it was in chicago, im still recovering from the financial hit that was CIV. I would love to be able to go all four days and not have to worry about lodging or anything like that. *crosses fingers and prays for a Chicago CV*

8. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey guys, I'm going to ask you to consolidate the discussion about CV to the other discussion over in the CIV forums. Sorry about the mess, but it's easier to keep track of one thread than two on the same thing. :p

http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_star_wars_celebration_iv/b10611/28239176/p1/?46

9. Falls_the_Shadow

Falls_the_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    This was a Florida-based vendor and sounded confident. Mind you, this was at least 12 months ahead of scheduling, so until LFL signs and announces a venue, nothing is set in stone.

The latest venue discussed, Chicago, would be o.k., but I admit that a venue where I could bring the bulkiest costume with ease and possibly stay with friends instead lodging, would still be a wish.

10. Sithspit87

Sithspit87 Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2005
    Has far has location I am for anything in the Midwest. I live in IN about 3hr north of Indy so Indy was great has far has location goes for me, but I realize I am not the only Star Wars fan. I have been to Celebration 2,3, and 4. I don't think I can rationalize going to LA again. I think LA was a terribly choice for Celebration 4. You couldn't go any father west. This meant most of the fans were going to have a great distance to travel. The location of the Convention was terrible. There were no restaurants around the con(This meant you were forced buy the terribly expensive convention food) as well as no hotels in walking distance. The location just was not practice in my opinion. The location of the Convention Center was great in Indy a lot of downtown life after the convention for dinning and hotels in walking distance. The only cool thing I thought about LA is it was the 30th anniversary, and was cool to be were it started 30 years ago. I was glad to hear the con may be in Chicago because that is about 3hr west for me. If it is not in Chicago I think the Midwest is still a good location especially with rising Gas prices. Also know that the two biggest airline companies have merged monopolizing the market air travel is going to go nowhere but up. It is a central location in the country that would be the fairest to most fans. Indy was a good choice for 2, and 3 because Indy is the "Crossroads of America". There is a statistic that Indy is 300 or 4oo miles away from most major US cities. The following are places I would not mind seeing Star Wars Celebration 5 being held.
    Indy
    Chicago
    New York
    Cincinnati
    Cleavland
    St. Louis
    Detroit(?)
    Atlanta
    There are probably others I can't think of at the moment but locations like Indy and Chicago are Ideal in my opinion but like I said earlier this is just my personal opinion and relize there are other Star Wars fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.