main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration 2 After Hours (ADULTS ONLY)

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by aaron011, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Supposedly there's some place around Indy called Hollywood Bar and Filmworks. Not sure what the deal is on this location, but if its not too far, it sounds to me like a pretty decent place to be.

John

2. MaximusVader

MaximusVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2001
    Let's all drink and make merry. We can all jump McCallum over the sale of advance tickets on the 3rd, hold him hostage until they agree to show us the film on Saturday night of the celebration....and be DRUNK the whole time.

I'm sure Rick won't mind...after a few beers.

3. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Hollywood is about 3 blocks away I do believe. I've never been there but I know the owner or manager is a huge SW fan.

And Zuckess1138, you need to get out of here, ~~this thread is not for you~~ ;)

4. Uncle_O-Jay

Uncle_O-Jay Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    Bar and Film works is not bad place to go watch a movie, eat dinner and have a few pints...only drawback the movies are second runs(few weeks or months old)

5. aaron011

aaron011 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2002
    I know that every Sat night at Hollywood Bar & Filmworks, they have a midnight showing of Rocky Horror Picture Show. Maybe we could con the guy(manager/owner/whatever) into showing something else instead of ........well whatever.

I just saw Lord of the Rings for the 2nd time there. Food and drinks (all kinds) served to your table. The only time you would miss anything is ....... well you get the picture. There is smoking in certain areas and they have two, count them, 2 full bars.

Right outside the theater door is a replica of YODA. You can get a good look at the statue as you move into the screening area. It's not bad.

In case anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.filmworksonline.com/

6. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    OH MY GOD!! This place sounds GREAT!!! I TOTALLY think that we should look into going to there! Anyone out there in Indy want to talk the owner into playing some Star Wars for us one night?
    Perhaps if we got enough people interested, we could reserve a room or get one of the party packages or something.

John

7. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    How Perfect Would That Be!!!! A midnight showing of an original version (not that I have anything against the Special Editions) of a certain Scinece Fiction Movie on the weekend that everyone is celebrating its 25 anniversary. They are guaranteed a sold out showing, not to mention this would be late enough for those of us lucky enough to get tickets to the concert that night too. I for one would be more than willing to prepay for my ticket. The only drawback I can see is a clashing of Jedi Forces with the local contigent of Space Transvestites there for their weekly Rocky Horror, now that would be funny!!

8. Shequan

Shequan Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    Forgot about this ...
    So I guess smoking is allowed indoors over there?
    (I'm from California)

9. MaximusVader

Oct 16, 2001
    This sounds like the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin, TX.

Sounds like a kick ass time!

10. Grendelbob

Grendelbob Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2000
    mmm....the drafthouse....

11. MaximusVader

Oct 16, 2001
    Is anyone here close enough to this place to talk to the management about booking something else for that weekend. I am sure that they would be open to it. Getting a print of any of the SW flicks would most likely be out (very hard to book these unless you know someone with a private copy), but perhaps something else that would cater to our tastes a little more than Rocky Horror. But someone really needs to get in touch with them ASAP if we want to do this.

Any ideas?

12. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Pretty much in Indiana, if the restaurant has a bar and restaurant section, the bar is smoking and the resturant isn't and there are tables in the bar. Other places may have different rules, though. There are some totally non-smoking restaurants, though.

13. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    maybe we could do this on either thursday or sunday. the fanforce party is on friday and th sympony concert is on saturday. but then, i don't know how ong those will last or how long the bar & filmworks is open til.

John

14. MaximusVader

Oct 16, 2001
    The FanForce party is over at midnight and the concert on Saturday can't last longer than about 10 or 11.

This is for after hours, right? Midnight and after?

15. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    skyla:uuummmm, that you want me to go drinking with you all?

16. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Cheers! This place sounds pretty cool. Watching the original STAR WARS & having a few beers with you all would be a trip. Even if you can't get STAR WARS, I'm in if you do it after the concert on Saturday. I'll be buzzed just because of the concert. [face_laugh] I'll see if Hama, Elan-Rai & Jedi Toren might be up for this too. ;)

17. CaptainJia

CaptainJia Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    Sounds like fun! Any of these places have karaoke?

...my, my, this here Anakin guy...
    ...may be Vader someday later now he's just a small fry...
    ...he left his home and kissed his mommy good-bye...
    ...singing soon I'm gonna be a Jedi...

18. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    There can't be any karaoke unless Bill Murray will be there... Come on now... Can I get an amen on that?

19. zuckuss1138

Oct 26, 2001
    amen

p.s. nice icon

20. Muellman

Muellman Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    Say it again...

AMEN!

21. zuckuss1138

Oct 26, 2001
  22. SkylaFett

SkylaFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2001
    Zuck you know that drinking alcohol is bad for some one like you. You'd puke after half of your first beer.

And Shara I was trying to say it with out being blunt. I'm sure he appreciates having some big sister like person tattling on him.

Hey Shara I'm going to PM you in just a little bit I have some questions for ya.

23. aaron011

Mar 31, 2002
    I live in Indy, but, it would be better if someone with an organization behind them contacted them. Hello Indy Fan Club, Indy Knights, Anyone??

I'll make a call, but maybe someone with some better Jedi Mind Powers should do the same. I'm in for sure. This place is totally bitchin'.

The last time I was there to see Lord of the Rings, we entered the club and took the elevator to the 3rd floor. That's where it is, ya see. There is a bar in the lobby and photos of various movies on the wall. EVERYWHERE!!

They sent us through a stairwell to a lower lobby where LOTR was being screened. Anyway, that's the same floor that the CRACKERS Comedy Club is on. We were waiting at the SECOND BAR (downstairs lobby) listening to the comic from down the hall. Waiting to be seated, listening to a comic, seeing LOTR, having a BUD. OOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

I'm sorry , am I ramblin' on???

24. aaron011

Mar 31, 2002
    Oh yeah Shequan. I just saw your PM and the canal runs N & S. Just west of the Con Center. The best place to start is from the IMAX theater. It's at Whiter River State Park. REALLY CLOSE to the center.

25. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    Did it occur to anyone that a bunch of people mostly drunk all dressed up in star wars garb in a bar no less would be very prone to start acting out scenes from the movie? I claim either Chewbacca or Bo Shek as my parts. Well I suppse it being the Cantina scene I can be either or both. :)

:::stands looking like a pimp with my helment under my arm:::

:::nods the old man over to the bar:::

:::drops the helmet and grows out his back hair, then runs to the bar:::

:::nods the old man over the table where Han Solo sits:::

See..this could work. And besides, we start acting out scenes from the bar chances are we would have the place to ourselves quicker then Ponda Baba can lose his arm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.