main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration 3 Informational and Planning Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Dec 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    Celebration 3 will be held April 22-24, 2005 at the Indianapolis Convention Center in Indianapolis, IN.

Start thinking about how you are going to get there, what date you will arrive and what date you will leave. Most likely I will plan to arrive on April 21 and not leave until Monday, April 25. Be ready to reserve your hotel and admission tix at the drop of a hat within the next few months. This IS a kid friendly con - so think about how you're going to plan your day so that they and YOU get to have fun. Also think about bringing your own babysitter so you can enjoy the
    adult parties and activities held in the evenings.

To learn more about the city and con center where C3 is being held,
    you can check out the following websites:

Indianapolis Online

You can find maps of the downtown area here:
    Indy Map

As you look at the map the following hotels are connected to the con center: Marriott, Westin, Hyatt and Crowne Plaza. I have checked each website and none are taking reservations past December 2004 as of
    today. I will call this week and check on phone reservation capability. However, since the dates of C3 are not even announced on
    the Indy Con Ctr website yet, I highly doubt that any of the hotels will accept reservations for 2005 yet. I will talk to some C3 veterans and ask their opinions of those hotels - but having had such
    a good experience with Marriott I'll probably choose to stay there. Westin's and Crowne Plaza's are usually more expensive.

The GenCon and Wizards of the Coast websites have no information about C3 as yet. Also, the www.starwarscelebration.com site is not
    even functioning as yet.

This is a convention where WE should not have to work but just go and have fun. However, there will be opportunities for volunteer work related to Rebel Legion, FanForce and the 501st. As volunteer info
    becomes available I will do my best to get as much info as possible on what's required and how to sign up and pass on to you.

~Jenni

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.