main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Celebration III

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , Jan 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    I'm really not too interested in going to tell you the truth :(

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Jedi_Master_Sal is trying to organize a room block at one of the attached hotels for ALL of FanForce. Whether you're sharing rooms with someone or not - go through him to get your rooms. The more people we have go in on this the better room discount we can all get. And who knows... if we're a big enough group (which we should be once all of FanForce get together) they might throw other goodies our way. So keep an eye on the Pittsburgh boards for more details.

~Doc_Bev

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks for the info, Doc_Bev! I will be sure to check things out. :)

Reckless_Corellian likes this.
  4. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Hey, newbie signing on real quick, hope you lot don't mind... ;) My girlfriend and I live in Spring City and are curious if anything has come of the transportation issue. I work for Werner Coach in Phoenixville, and I was thinking that if you wanted to get together with another FanForce or two (perhaps Philly and/or Pittsburgh), you could investigate the price and availability of a bus. A bit of money could probably be saved if you were to mention that one of the group members (which my girlfriend and I both hope to become) is also a driver... :D

Werner does plenty of overnight trips (I'm leaving on one tomorrow, as a matter of fact), so I'd love to hear what you guys think. How 'bout it?

5. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    Hey! Sorry, I didn't see your message here...I'm the leader pro tempore until Han gets back from her vacation in Tenn. When she gets back she'll talk to you about that (I keep in touch with her ;) ), she seems to be expressing some interest ;)

Anyway, welcome to the FF! I hope you stay around more :)

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Finally got a chance to get back in here. Sorry about the delay in addressing this issue, but I was on vacation for the past week like Crazed mentioned.

Anyway, welcome to RRS! We hope you can be a part of our group and you'll stick around to chat with us. :)

As for the bus issue - that's not a bad idea and I would seriously look into it if I found more people that are actually going. As you can see from this thread, a few people showed an interest early on, but when I brought the issue up again, things stayed quiet. So, unless we can get more people interested this thing may not fly. But just out of curiousity - do you have any idea what a cost of a bus for a trip like this would be?

7. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Unfortunately, not exactly - I just started working there so I have no idea what the business end is like. I'm pretty sure it depends on the number of people and the number of days, but I don't think the price would exceed three figures. As I say, if we could get the Philly, Lancaster, and Pittsburgh groups in on it, we just might be able to get a decent turnout and still make it to Indy inside of a day; if you'd like me to check with those groups and see what they think, I'd be glad to.

8. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...good call. Well, since I don't really want to push everything on you, I can get in contact with the other groups. I have some connections and I know some people in those groups I can talk to.

Other than a ride, I guess the only other thing we have to worry about is hotel rooms...

9. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Well, you can save yourself the trouble of contacting me! :D

I will bring this up for discussion at our next meeting in about 2 weeks. I know one of the members said something about his family planning on going, but I'm not sure about their specific travel plans.

I am trying to find out if my wife really wants to go to C3 or not. If not, then I think it would be great to bus there with a bunch of fellow FFers!

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    That sounds great! :D

Be sure to get back to us when you hear something. For once the ball seems to be rolling...

*shuts mouth before she has a chance to jinx it*

11. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    Who Rebel_Spook was talking about was me. Yes my family and I (well mostly me) want to still attend C3. And now that the tickets are going on sale this Monday now would be a great time to plan any events with other fanforces. I'll update soon on my families plans.

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I would really like to attend as well, but from the way things look at the moment, that won't be happening. I am very short on money at the moment and I'm barely making enough to pay for gas and my insurance every week. Unless things change dramatically, I don't think I'll be able to attend. :(

13. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    I am going. I already have Hotel Confirmations. I had it since they announced it officially in Indy. I'm in town this time (last time I was a bus ride away).

I went to Celebration II & in costume. Unfortunately I am dragging the familia down there (yeah, imagine the drive with a 10 year old & 2 year old [face_worried] ), so I can't room with anyone from teh group, but I would be happy to meet up down there at times.

My daughter, who is successfully a SW Fan, will be going to the actual event with me. The wife & little one will be shopping in town during the event.

I'm hoping to make a couple jedi costumes for the event. :cool:

Rob..

14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Meh...now I feel all depressed. I wanted to go REALLY bad, but as of right now, I have no one to go with and I don't have a hotel room. *sighs*

I have a costume and everything. I was really looking forward to this. Well, like I said, unless something happens, I think I'll be sitting this one out.

15. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Steph, talk to Carida & Echo Base (Rebel Legion) and see if there's a female looking for a roommate.

16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks for the info, Joe. I should have a costume for both groups by the time C3 rolls around, so it shouldn't be a problem. :)

17. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Great!

Now go change your vote from a black beret to a dark green one. LOL!

18. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Has anyone bought recently (Episode II Gear) clothing from StarWars.com?

I've decided to forego a costume for the Convention to give myself more money to spend on stuff down there, lol. But I was going to buy a couple T-Shirsts to wear at least until I buy some down there.

I read about their 'dreaded' Return Policy, so I was curious if anyone knows how their clothes run? (Big, Small, etc..)

Rob..

19. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    I haven't bought any clothes from swshop.com but I did buy other bunch of stuff like the silver sandtrooper and I have to say that the stuff couldn't have come in better condition. As for sizes of shirts and clothes they usually have a icon you can click on for the different sizes but they usually offer small to double X.

But if you are just looking for shirts I recommend Hot Topic cause lately they have a lot of good shirts you can buy right at the store so if interested definitely check it out.

20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Yes, Hot Topic is the way to go for t-shirts. I just recently picked up the Ep3 teaser poster tee and another with Han on it. They have some nice stuff.

21. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Thanks for the tip!!!

I'll be buying those Ts on a weekend, soon [face_dancing]

Rob
    :-B

22. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I'm soooooooo bummed. I'm in the process of getting a house this Spring & my Celebration 3 Pilgramage has been put on the shelf! :_|

Maybe I can get some of my fellow RRS to keep an eye out for some items.. :D

Rob
    :-B

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Aww, don't feel bad. I'm pretty much about to call it quits myself no matter how bad I want to go. I don't have a hotel room or anything. Plus, I just can't find someone to make the trip with me, so I may be screwed. :(

24. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I must say that if I wouldn't be losing so much non-refundable money, that I would likely have to back out of going. As it is, I am already committed to a bit over $1200 and that's just getting there and back, hotel, and tickets to C3; no food, collecting, or miscellaneous expenses included.

I am thinking that I should really have thought about how much this was going to realistically cost earlier on. My initial budgeting was for $1200, then it grew to $1500, now I think it will likely exceed $2000.

25. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I'm still hanging on to the dream!
    (Have not canceled the Hotel Reservations) [-o|

But it doesn't look good.. [face_worried]

The, "Hey, do we reeeeaaaally need a house" argument isn't quite working my way, lol. [face_beatup]

My costs looked to be about $2000.00 [face_money_eyes] without a costume.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.