main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Celebration IVA in Binghamton

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TreborGahKor, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    Okay, I apologize for not posting this here sooner. Anyone from Syracuse is invited as well. Here is some information:

"Okay, so this idea occured to me in the shower this morning (hey, this is where I have some of my most profound moments). Most of us in the Binghamton Chapter can't go to Celebration IV just because we really can't afford it. So, I'm offering an alternative and I'm calling it "Celebration IVa" (or could be pronounced "Celebration Foray"). The idea is simple. We get together at my house on Celebration IV weekend and watch all six Star Wars movies back to back on my wide screen T.V. and 6.1 Stereo surround sound basement Home Theater room (which will take about 15 hours total) and then we could either play the Star Wars miniatures game, Star Wars Risk, or the Star Wars Collectible Card Game (which I own all of) or we could go to the mall (after some rest) and do some recruiting. What do you all think of this? Good idea, bad idea? I was even thinking of inviting the Syracuse and Rochester members that aren't going to Celebration IV so they can feel like they are part of the Celebration even if they aren't. We could even listen to some live podcast feeds from the Celebration (which I know some podcast hosts are considering doing). Just some ideas that popped into my head. Let me know what you all think or would want. "

"Okay, my wife's in and it IS going to happen at my house on that weekend. More "stuff" is being ironed out, but my basement will be turned into a Star Wars extravaganza. We will have laptops to get live coverage of C4 (I know there will be some live video and audio feeds from there), we'll have a couple T.V.'s to do some gaming with and hopefully a few gaming consoles if you're interested. We'll have the ability to do miniature gaming, CCG gaming, board games, and more!! That's right, we're going crazy!!! My basement will be over-run by the Binghamton, Syracuse and Rochester FanForce chapters. Anyone from New York State is invited to participate, but I will need confirmations soon, so talk it over with your loved ones and plan on being there. At our last FanForce meeting, the order of the movies was agreed upon. Here it is:

Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace
    Star Wars Episode II - Attack of the Clones
    Star Wars Clone Wars - Volume I
    Star Wars Clone Wars - Volume II
    Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
    Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope
    Star Wars Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
    Star Wars Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
    Star Wars - The Ewok Adventure
    Star War - Ewoks, The Battle for Endor

There are also discussions in the works about having the ability to costume somewhere in Binghamton on this weekend. Hope you all are looking forward to this, because I know I am!!! "

"Okay, so to update on where and when......

Celebration IVA will be happening May 25th, 26th, and 27th. We will start the movies at midnight on the 25th (technically the 26th) and will watch all the movies in order. Then, we'll go to playing Star Wars games. Including:
    Star Wars Trivial Pursuit
    Star Wars Risk
    Star Wars Death Star Board Game
    Star Wars Battle Front II (On PS2)
    Star Wars Miniatures game (bring your own miniatures if you want!!)
    Star Wars Legos (On PS2)
    AND any other games anyone wants to bring. Basically, we're going to convert my whole basement into "Star Wars Central"!!

My wife and I will be providing all the food, but drinks are BYOB. I know the local FanForce group is trying to find an event we can troop on Sunday to end the weekend off. Also, we will be getting CIV updates from some Podcasts that are broadcasting live from California and watching any videos we can find on the event as they come in on the Internet.

PLEASE RSVP TO ME BY APRIL 23RD SO WE CAN GET A HEAD COUNT FOR FOOD!!
    If you're not going to CIV, my house is going to be the place to be at!!!

If you need my address to try and find out how long it will take to get to my house, PM me and I'll get you my address and telephone number.

Thanks all, and I hope to

2. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    well, since we just got this invite today I have to check and see whats on the calendar. Its kinda short notice to let you know by thursday LOL

I may have to work sat in the a.m. and not sure what time we could even get there (probably 4 ish) to turn around and drive home to turn around to drive back the next day LOL

So, let me discuss with the hubby and see whats what. LOL

Thanks for the inite though ;)

3. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    well, today is the deadline and not that anyone will notice I posted this LOL Im afraid we are going to have to pass. Im pretty broke right now and the idea of traveling back and forth all weekend isnt something I can do.

have fun though to everyone and take lots of pics!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.