main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY CELEBRATION VI PLANNING THREAD

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LordZannah, Jun 2, 2011.

1. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    IN ORLANDO, IN ORLANDO, IN ORLANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_dancing][face_laugh]=D=

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/

I am so happy right now I could pooh-dooh!!!!

O.K. Then!!! Time to begin planning!!

Lord Bane and myself will be leaving a day earlier and a day later than we did last year.

Celebration runs from Thursday the 23rd to Sunday the 26th. That means that my Lord and I will drive down on Tuesday the 21st and leave on Tuesday morning the 28th.

Appo and I need hotel rooms for 6 days. La-la-la-la-la!!!! So un-Sith like.

We will be sharing a room with Estreya and Lord Nocturnus.

I know this sounds crazy, but with six people in the Van last year, we hardly had enough room for luggage, so we are limiting the ridders in the Van to five people.

We can always rent more vehicles. What suggestions does anyone else have? [face_dancing][face_dancing]

2. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Did someone say road trip??

[:D]

3. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    O.K. guys, the First Transport is full already. We're only doing five people so between Appo, Estreya, Nocturnus, and now Lord Draconis, that makes five. And she can do the Kessel run in 12 parsects... [face_dancing][face_batting]

There can always be more car/van rentals and we can do a convoy. Only a suggestion. Some of us may even fly. :D

4. Cungr_Vanck

Cungr_Vanck Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2008
    I am not exactly happy with this news. I was hoping they would wait until 2013 or pick a closer city. The fact that they are selling tickets now means that hotels will probably be sold out soon and I am still building the house.

Frak!

5. Cungr_Vanck

Jul 7, 2008
    Okay, can those who went to CV recommend any of the hotels down there? I figured I can book the hotel and always cancel later if need be. Too early to schedule a flight or rental car at this point and can always get a ticket the day off even if it is a few extra bucks.

6. Cungr_Vanck

Jul 7, 2008
    To heck with it!!!!!! We are booked at the Hilton just .25 miles from the event. We will probably fly, but willing to discuss car pool details with those who are interested.

Our plan is to arrive Wednesday night, spend the night recooperating, stay for the entire event, and check out Sunday morning/afternoon.

7. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Unfortunately it is much too early for me to make plans as I am not sure what my job/financial situation will be.

8. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    I read this at work so I've had a little time to peel myself down from the ceiling.
    I'm happy. Some people will complain it's too close to DragonCon again but I'd rather go to C6. The August heat was not fun but the convention center was nice and cool.
    Good idea going down early and staying an extra day Zannah. I booked for a week as well. I think it will be easier to shave days off a reservation than add them on later. I wouldn't mind using that extra day for Star Tours or to visit Harry Potter world.

9. Kepare

Kepare Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2010
    Woooo.... So pretty. And I have enough time to be absoposilutely sure I can make it. "Why did you schedule off a week for vaca A YEAR FROM NOW?"

10. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I'm very happy for those that can go. However, for me, this is the first week of classes. As soon as the news was out, of course, I stopped what I was doing and called the Admissions office of the start of 2012 classes. Not sure how I can get permission to go. Kinda bummed.

I weaseled my way to C5, not sure if I can do it again.
    /Blue Jammies

(? Fake the Hunta Virus?)

(Oh, I can't come in this week *cough* *cough.* "Why do I hear music? Is that a wookiee in the background?" No sir, that is just a symptom of this very contagious illness, it makes me grow fur and smuggle spice in a modified corellian freighter. "what?" *wretch* gotta go! <click>)

11. DarthCyrin

DarthCyrin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2010
    Using the extra day to visit Star Tours and/or Harry Potter World sounds like an awesome idea. Nocturnus and myself were upset that we didn't get to go last year for the closing of the original Star Tours!!

12. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    i am looking into going. just a cost issue. i can most likely afford the event itself, but would need a ride and floorspace for the event. Plus, Becka may or may not be going with me. depends on how we can swing it. I'll be willing to help with gas and hotel room. be about the only way myself, or becka and myself can go.

13. Cungr_Vanck

Jul 7, 2008
    After reading Mika's plans and some discussions with Cognus, we have booked our hotel from Sunday the 19th to Sunday the 26th. Tried to get the 18th through the website, but they didn't have it available. We are going to make a full vacation out of this and hit Disney World or just spend the day at the pool at the hotel we are at.

14. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    okay, things are looking like i may be able to go, or even becka and i going. I/we would need a ride plus floor space. we'll slpit cost with whoever. We both like the idea of going for the week or so, like mika and Zannah are doing. There's just no chance we could do it on our own. We can only do this if we share with someone/s.

15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I'm glad they let us know so far in advance. It gives us plently of lead time to save money, save vacation time, find someone to cover our vacation time, make costumes, plan tranport, get a per sitter, etc etc.

I'm hoping Mrs JediMika can make it. She went to CIV but couldn't go to CV since she had just started a new job and didn't have any vacation banked.

16. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Ditto Mika! And Cungr, I truly hope you and Cognus make it next year... plan bro, plan, plan.

My Jammies.... :confused::( Not possible at all?? :-B Do you need some help convincing them that you simply "must" have that week off? I know a couple of Sith I can send over for you. :mad:

17. DarKyram

DarKyram Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 5, 2010
    Hey guys. I plan on going, I just need to get my tickets ordered.

I'll be flying down in my Ford DuneLizard, yanno how us mercs gotta stay mobile at a second's notice. I just need some help getting room reservations... any links or anything would be nice so I could book my arrangements.

Granted I'm gambling on being able to make it; but I'll worry about that next year. I should be able to, because I'll have plenty of leave saved up and I'm gonna take money out and stash it so I have it to play with there. But I wanna get tickets and hotel booked now so I don't gotta worry about it. And if the off chance I can't go appears...well, oh well such is life. But I'll be ready!

18. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    YAY!!! [face_dancing]

I sent you a link to get your hotel room. Many of us are staying at the Clarion. Ya know, I really needed to get the Celebration news when I did. It really lifted my spirits and has given me more to plan for... to keep my sights set in the future. I'm sure it's done the same for you... see ya soon and enjoy Hawaii! [:D]

19. DarKyram

DarKyram Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 5, 2010
    I'll be getting a room with the rest of the Mandalorian Mercs it looks like. But, I will be making reservations with ya'll as well so that in the off chance that things fall through with the Mercs, I'll have a back up. I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking with the block that the Mandos are setting up at a different hotel though. A whole floor of nothing but Mandalorians... I gotta be with my vode in arms, sorry ya'll. lol

BUT my tickets are bought and paid for and heading to Lord Zannah's temple for safe keeping until my return from the Outer Rim Territories.

20. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    We completely understand bro... completely. We're working on a whole floor of Sith ourselves. Heh-hah-hah-ho-ho!!! [face_batting]

21. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    No problem Dar. A lot of us in costume groups are going to have obligations but I hope we can do like Jammies suggested at CV and try to at least have a couple of "just us" dinners.

I'm not telling any secrets as it already been posted on other areas of the Fan Force boards but the Rosen is the official hotel for the 501st and the Rebel Legion and it looks like the Mandos are getting room blocks there as well. It's going to be party central. So if you need your beauty sleep like I do the Clarion is perfectly located...close enough to stagger back after a party but far enough away from the actual party to get some rest at night.

Been thinking about it and maybe thinking about heading down during the daylight hours on Monday, stopping somewhere to bunk, and making the last leg to Orlando again during daylight on Tuesday and checking in rested instead of a Star Wars zombie.

22. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    The Sith are working on the Clarion for our "Official" hotel, but we'll see what happens. We do not plan on any parties... we're not big enough yet for that. >;~)

23. atataboy

atataboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2005
    While I am peaking in on these boards, I thought I would mention we will be bringing a trailer along with us. As the time gets closer, I should know exactly how much extra room I will have on the trailer. All I know for certain right now are a few costume sized totes and my droid. Depending on other projects I may or may not get finished before then I should have room for at least 4 costume sized totes on the trailer if not more. (it's a 5x8 enclosed).

Just wanted to throw that out early.

As an aside, several of us from the Hoosier Alliance will be staying at the Embassy Suite Jamaica Court. We stayed there at CV and this time it is nearly 35 dollars cheaper per room. If anyone stays there, be sure to let us know.

Always fun planning for a Celebration.

-RC

24. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Awesome! Thanks RC!

25. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Yes! Thanks for the offer, and yes... it is always fun planning for a Celebration! [face_dancing] As far as I'm concerned, the adventure begins now. =D=