main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebrity Autograph Collecting Forum

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Skywalker1138, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    If you've read the ***Official*** Milwookie Lounge string lately, you'll see we've begun talking about Celebrity Autographs. I've decided to start this string to help you guys out who are interested. Here you can post your questions, and your successes getting autographs. This string was started
    exclusively for LauedGiind, and is also for others to share.

You have entered the...

OFFICIAL COLLECTING CELEBRITY AUTOGRAPHS FORUM

I. The first rule, is to collect celeb. addresses.

? Your best bet is to go to your library (West Allis' library has a great number of resources for instance) and ask the librarian from behind the desk if she can lend you the "book of celebrity addresses." It's a think book. You can't take it out, but you can use it while you're in the library. Get out a pen and paper and jot down the addresses of your favorite celebrities.

? Next check online. Sign up for one of the library's comptuers and do web searches for free celebrity addresses. The pages that make you pay for the address are NOT worth it. Some pages however are actually run by fans who have TRIED to get autographs and will even let you know which ones they've tried have worked.

II.Get your envelopes and mailing stuff in order.

? Go to Walgreen's or the Postal Service and get white or manilla 8+1/2x11" envelopes--twice as many as you intend to send (there's a reason for this.) Otherwise, another suggestion is go to a PaperMart and collect HUGE bright colored paper or something that has a design/picture on it.

? Next you need stamps. If your celebrity has an international address, you will need at least to send one international coupon, and you can get this from the Postal Service by asking for it. You are going to send an envelope, a letter and possibly a picture, so you need to weigh these things together to get an idea of how much postage will cost you to send. Example: If the weighed cost is $0.60 for instance, and you only have one celebrity to write to, but have 3 addresses to try in the U.S., then buy 6 stamps (twice as many as you intend to send again.)

? If you have a colored envelope because you used special paper, you'll need to buy sticker address labels (you can get these at the postal service too.)

? Make sure you have a _thick_ black permanent marker and a pen when you get this stuff together--you'll be using them soon.

III. Address your stationary and envelopes.

? For every letter you send, you need to enclose a Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope (SASE) and I urge you to send an evelope the same size as the one you're sending (big) for the simple reason of making it easier for the celeb. to send whatever they have (big or small.) Since you're not going to send them a picture you want autographed (because you may NOT in fact get it back) you are putting them in the more difficult spot of including a picture that's autographed for you, and FREE, so at least send the SASE.
    --On the SASE, I recommend that you stamp it, that you address it with your name and address, and write the return address also with your name and address--that way it has no chance of going anywhere else if the celeb. puts it in the mail. Finally, on the SASE, write in fat black marker "PLEASE DO NOT BEND" and underscore it on the back and front; write it on an angle, the way you'd put an "Air Mail" sticker on an envelope. The reason you're doing this, is so that if the celeb. sends you a picture, the people handling your prized item are more careful with it.

? Address the main envelope with the celeb's address, return address is yours, and stamp it. Write also "PLEASE DO NOT BEND" on the front and back of these envelopes as well. It is more eye-catching, and the celeb will separate yours from their other thousands of letters that otherwise could look the same.

IV. Finally, write the letter.

? Keep your letter either in good handwriting, or type it, and keep it to one page, with no smaller print that 12 pt., and if

2. Jedi_Knight_Isadore

Jedi_Knight_Isadore Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    I am such a stalker.

If anyone is interested, I have the mailing information for Hayden, including two different agencies (the american and canadian) and I have the address of the production company he and his brother own. Just let me know if anyone wants these.

Devan

3. LauedGiind

LauedGiind Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Thanks a lot Jenny. I will definitely be using this. :)

Devan, I am really interested in those addresses. :)

4. Jedi_Knight_Isadore

Jedi_Knight_Isadore Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    Okay, here are the addresses I have found. The two agencies were on two different webpages and the production company took a little bit of searching for. But here it is:

Hayden Christensen
    c/o The Gersh Agency
    232 N. Canon Drive
    Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Hayden Christensen
    c/o Dani DeLio
    DeLio Talent Agency
    1357 Bathurst St.
    Toronto, ON, Canada, M5R 3H8

Forest Park Pictures
    6777 Hollywood Blvd.
    Los Angeles, CA 90028

Now, I am not sure any of these will produce a response, because I have not tried it out myself (haven't gotten the courage to write that letter), so I wish you all luck.

Devan

5. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    Thanks! :)

6. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    Jedi_Knight_Isadore:
    I don't know all of them offhand, but I can tell you that of the three addresses I had for Hayden Christensen, all of them were returned to me with "NO SUCH ADDRESS" stamped on them. One of them was the c/o Gersh address you have listed and another one was an address for Canada. I'll have to go home and find out the other addresses that don't function. Don't send out those letters just yet! :)

Keep your eyes out for updated Hayden addressess too! Don't give up.

And I know this sounds really generic, but I'm sure if you wrote here for Hayden it wouldn't be sent back to you at least:

The Star Wars Fan Club
    P.O. Box 111000
    Aurora, CO 80042

But, since the club is so big, you'd really have to try extra hard to decorate those envelopes and make them stand out!

7. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    Thanks for letting me know that Jenny. I spent a whole Sunday on the Internet looking up celebrity addresses and found the same Hayden Christensen addresses. I guess I should keep looking.

8. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    Hayden's tricky, yeah. I think it's the celebrities who are most in focus that move around and change agencies/management so much; that's the problem. Although, on a rare occassion it will pan through. Let me know what you find, and I'll keep you posted too.

Here are some addresses to try:

Carrie Fisher
    1700 Coldwater Canyon Rd.
    Beverly Hills CA (You'll have to look up the ZIP CODE)

(NEWS ON CARRIE: Carrie is working simultaneously on more novels, developing a TV series for Universal, and two new film comedies at Walt Disney and Working Title Pictures. "The Best Awful There Is" has been scheduled for release on January 12, 2004! Carrie's newest novel is the long-awaited sequel to her 1987 bestseller, Postcards from the Edge.)

Harrison Ford
    655 McCulloch Dr.
    Brentwood, CA (You'll have to look up the ZIP CODE)

(NEWS ON HARRISON: Indy box set sales sets record. Current projects: "The Ninth Man" is a drama/thriller and is based on the 1976 book THE NINTH MAN by John Lee. The plot: "During World War II, eight Nazis take a U-boat to the US and wreak havoc on the East coast... while a ninth sneaks away to assassinate President Roosevelt." After this project he'll get to work on the next Indy movie.)

Mark Hamill
    I have Mark's home address and fan address, but unless you join his fan club rumor has it that he's not sending out autographs anymore.

Fan Mail Address:
    International Mark Hamill Fan Club (IMHFC)
    P.O. Box 287
    Grand Blanc, MI48439

(NEWS ON MARK: Mark's fictional documentary "Comic Book: The Movie" is set to come out this season in a 2 DVD-set. Hugh Hefner, Kevin Smith, and Matt Groenig from The Simpsons are said to make appearances. More at Comic's Web Site . Mark was at the San Diego Comic Con in July. Reeseville will actually also be shown now in at least 5 cities in the theater in Spring 2004. Reeseville Trailers . Luke Skywalker is still considered the LEAD HERO in CBS's voting pole.)

9. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Staaal-kerrrs...

10. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Tom...nice sig. And I'm not being sarcastic.

11. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    Thanks for the tips Jenny! :) I don't think I will have problems for finding zip codes for those addresses.

12. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    You should not send autograph requests to the Star Wars Fan Club...they will throw it away. Every so often they mention this in the Insider so don't waste your time and money.

13. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    I don't get the Insider anymore, but you're at a risk no matter where you send your requests. If you don't want to try the SW Fan Club, then we're all still on the hunt for Hayden's working address. Let's gang up and find this--it's GOT to be out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.