main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Character Studio 4.0 problem

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by Darth_Steven, Oct 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Steven

Darth_Steven Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2002
    Hello all...
    has anyone encountered this problem before...if so do you know how to fix it?

PROBLEM: I've animated a character in Max using Character Studio 4.0 and when I render it out the animation looks different than it does in the wireframe mode...It's as if the output moves slower and parts of the character don't "catch up" with the render...

Help PLEASE!!!!
    Darth Steven

2. MKane

MKane Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    You'll have to post a sample of what you mean. There are timings in the animation setup for 1/2 or 2x speed for example. The actual output is usually 30 fps unless you changed it.

3. Darth_Steven

Darth_Steven Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2002
    I've actually talked with discreet...and I have been the first to report this problem and it is a bug apparently that they are trying to work out between the renderer and character studio...

I'll describe the problem better as it is impossible to show you. Imagine in your CAMERA VIEWPORT you have animated a character exactly how you want him to look. Now when you render him out, pieces of him don't render the same way you see it in the viewport. IE: in the viewport he looks directly at the camera on frame 80...well frame 80 in the final render isn't looking anywhere close to the camera. The two are like night and day different.

Later,
    Steve

4. MKane

MKane Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Wow. Yeah I would say that sounds like a bug.

FYI, I've been learning to love the 3dMax Bones all over again. My animation style has developed to where I prefer Keyframing the poses along the timeline. I really only use bips now for mocap thats provided or for crowd sequences.

I actually have 2 rigs for the main character in AVATAR:Torment. One Bip and ones bones. "The Right tool for the rightjob"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.