main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cheats never prosper. Or do they?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by FatBurt, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Cheating is/has become a blight on football in the UK, Europe and South America.

A lack of respect for the referee and opposing players is turning the "Beautiful Game" into an ugly spectacle which even has me turning on my own beloved England when the likes of Owen and Gerrard dive.

Cheating is slowly becoming an issue in other sports as well.

Tennis, even with technology picking up the line calls the players are questioning every decision (although this has been going on for some time)

Cricket, players used to walk before the umpire gave them out, players are now waiting to be given out. While this isn't cheating, there is a general belief in the cricketing community that it is a lack of gentlemanly conduct and will lead to players questioning the umpire.

With all the differing sports out there how bad is cheating in your preferred sport? In depth drug use is not to be covered here due to another thread on that subject but cases can be reviewed if you feel your club/player was cheated by another player or even sporting body.

What can be done to tackle cheating in your sport?

Are you now of the feeling that cheating is now a part of the game and that we should just accept it and move on, anything for the win etc...

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Of course not! In my view cheating is unfair to the other sports people who are participating without any help. Plus it is a big lie about "sport is good". They say sport can help you with your physical fitness and getting more relaxed and so on. But with using drugs or other ways of cheating it destroyes the picture of sport.

In my view there has to be done lots of work before anything will change and it has to start in the training of the unknown and at the same time at the high-ends sport competitions. If the famous players and stars are winning without any cheating, the younger ones have a good role model. But this doesn't work if lots of people are cheating in the really small competitions and training. If only the ones who gave presents to the trainer get the good horses for the training, and if only those win the prices in the small competitions although other people are way better, then the young ones learn to cheat.

This might be another way of cheating, but it is the start in my view.

So it is a really difficulty question how to stop cheating and hard to realise. But maybe with lots of time, lots of people working on it and even more people believing this can come true, maybe one day... and this would be a great day.

3. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    There is no more severe form of cheating than doping, and many of those doing it are prospering tremendously.

As for the diving in football, it is a two edged sword: Drogba, for example, has almost no credibility left with the refs, and rarely gets close calls in his favour. To draw a penalty, I think he'd have to have his leg broken in two at this point.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    As I said in the Steriod thread, if somebody's going to get a lifetime ban for gambling than he/she should get a life time ban for cheating period.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.