main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Choose Your Own Adventure

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by LauedGiind, Jul 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LauedGiind

LauedGiind Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    The Book Club is opening the floor to include the oportunity to write fan fiction as a group. Even if you are not interested in reading Star Wars books, this gives you an opportunity to portray your ideas on what really happened behind the scenes of the Star Wars movies. We have decided to do a choose your own adventure type story. We ask anyone willing to participate to submit at least one page of a story. We will come together in a meeting to decide as a group which direction the story will go to. Even if you are not the best writer, you can still participate. The more people we have doing this the more fun it will be. We have already decided to pick a topic for the adventure we will begin. The topic will be: What happens between the end of the Medal Ceremony at Yavin in A New Hope and the start of the Empire Strikes Back when the Rebels are on the planet Hoth? There is a three year span between the movies and gives many options to go until they are on the planet Hoth. One example of a story idea is this: " There is an after medal ceremony party. Leia gets really dizzy on "coffee" and gets really flirty. Who does she hit on...Luke, Han, or Chewbacca?" Another idea might include what happened to Darth Vader once his TIE fighter is spinning out of control. Your part of the story might include new characters, bounty hunters, and existing characters that have not been killed off in ANH. Exception to this rule is Obi-wan Kenobi. Also, there are no limits as to what the story may contain: let your imaginations run wild. This is a group event and decisions on story will be made at group meetings. Anyone unable to attend a meeting can still submit their ideas by email. Your vote will be forfeited if you do not attend the meeting since you will not be present to make the decision with the group. So I encourage people to show up because that is more than half the fun!!! (This is for anyone that lives in the state of Wisconsin only).

2. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Wow!! That sounds really cool!! Great idea!! and yea, the possiblities for fics is almost endless!! Cool!

3. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    Perhaps someone involved in this can be on the lookout for potential fan-film ideas. I'm sure we have plenty of creative people here who can come up with something good and technically feasible.

4. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    I think this is a marvelous idea! BTW, and I put this in the Book Club thread as well, I have submitted my fan fiction novel to Dan to put on the MC website! :)

Hmmmm...the possibilities are endless....have to start thinking about what I want to submit!

Great idea!

5. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    I'm bumping this up as a reminder to all that the next meeting is coming up and we are to bring our stories along with us. Anyone who is interested in only participating in the Choose Your Own Adventure fiction is more than welcome. I would like to get an approximate number of how many people will be showing up so please PM me for directions or acknowledgement that you will be attending. Please PM me by Wednesday September 13.

6. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    I should be there.

7. CaptMereel

Apr 11, 2002
    I'm planning to be there on Saturday Sept 13. I am going to bump up the Book Club thread as well.

8. CaptMereel

Apr 11, 2002
    BUMP BUMP BUMP

9. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    The meeting has been postponed until October. The date is still undetermined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.